0911 Nextbook 7 Premium working roms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the roms that work with my 0911 as of July 28 2012.

0911 v1.4 test
    -GingerBread OS
    - needs this added to build.prop found in the system folder

ro.sf.hwrotation=270

1211 v1.5 debloated
    -Gingerbread OS
    -recommended for stock replacement

1211 v2.1b "GingerComb" debloated + CWM
    - Remember to download b or "older"
    -This is essentially Gingerbreads kernel with HoneyCombs UI great for multitasking.
    - needs the build.prop changed like 0911 test and battery does not update after booting.

0512 v1.2 "7P1N" ICS
    -Icecream Sandwich os its little slow due to low memory
    -I have not fully tested this yet but everything worked (Sound,wifi ,touch screen, buttons, battery icon)

I'll try to update this when newer versions are released.

Hope this helps.
    NextBook 7 Premium -S/N 0911 Running one of Many Finless Bob's Roms found here!

Yuandao/Window N101T (Model 1:2nd Batch) Running Finless Bob's 1.6 Rom kernel# 26
    Found Here

ZTE Score (X500) running a rooted stock rom.

Thanks again

Thanks for posting this info. It's really handy for someone that doesn't have much time to mess with ROMs to see which ones were successfully loaded by fellow members.

Also thanks to Finless and the gang for all the programming of these ROMs.

Mixsnew

Comment

Yeah No problem. I remember when I was scouring thru thousands of post over multiple fourms tryin to figure out what would work before I committed to flashing my tablet the first time.

So glad it came in handy .

Yuandao/Window N101T (Model 1:2nd Batch) Running Finless Bob's 1.6 Rom kernel# 26
      Found Here

Comment

New posting of Working Roms containing more information

Here's the roms that work with my 0911 as of August 18 2012.

0911 v1.4 test
        -GingerBread OS
        -Needs this added to build.prop found in the system folder

ro.sf.hwrotation=270

Kernel Info:
        -Static CPU Frequency (1008Mhz)
        -No Netfilter/ IP Tables support (You can use LBE Privacy Guard to block unwanted app access to the web)

1211 v1.5 debloated
        -Gingerbread OS
        -recommended for stock replacement
        -1 Gigabyte of app space

Kernel Info:
        -No Netfilter/ IP Tables support (You can use LBE Privacy Guard to block unwanted app access to the web)

1211 v2.1b "GingerComb" debloated + CWM
        -Remember to download b or "older"
        -This is essentially Gingerbreads kernel with HoneyCombs UI great for multitasking.
        -1 Gigabyte of app space
        -Needs the build.prop changed like 0911 test and battery does not update after booting.

Kernel Info:

0512 v1.2 "7P1N" ICS
        -IceCream Sandwich OS
        -500 Megabytes of app space
        -Better Library files to Support games unplayable on previous roms (Such as Where's My Water)
        -Clock resets every boot up So set it up to automatically set time.

Kernel info:
        -Scalable CPU Frequency (Only 3 levels Though 408 | 816 | 1008 Mhz)
        -NetFilter Support for Firewalls (Avast, Or Droid Wall)

Hope this helps.

Found Here

Comment

Originally posted by c0nK3R View Post

0512 v1.2 "7P1N" ICS
          -IceCream Sandwich OS
          -500 Megabytes of app space
          -Better Library files to Support games unplayable on previous roms (Such as Where's My Water)
          -Clock resets every boot up So set it up to automatically set time.

Kernel info:
          -Scalable CPU Frequency (Only 3 levels Though 408 | 816 | 1008 Mhz)
          -NetFilter Support for Firewalls (Avast, Or Droid Wall)

Hope this helps.
          Now THIS is WELCOME NEWS! Thanks for testing this one out c0nK3R! And to all the guys and gals who tirelessly work on these ROMs!

Comment

Originally posted by mixsnew View Post
            Now THIS is WELCOME NEWS! Thanks for testing this one out c0nK3R!
            Your welcome .

I meant to post this file a while ago but I also modified the build.prop file like finless does to his "gingercomb" rom (full playstore), as well as made a parameter file that gives you 1gb app space.

Discalimer: I take no resposiblitly from how you use these files as well as whatever device you use them on. You use them at your own risk.

7p1n ICS tweaks.zip
            Note: I did not change anything other than userdata space and the following offsets meaning other devices that can run the 7p1n rom can use this file, but also that means I did not change the key combinations to load into special boot modes (i.e. safemode). Flash mode is the same for both devices so it stays the same

It includes both tweaks and seperate install instructions for each. I used both of these files on my N7P 0911 and they both worked. I then passed my N7P over to my mom so future updates of this page will be slower due to lack of avalability of the device to verify everything works.

Enjoy .

Found Here

Comment

Performance?

Hey c0nK3R.

How well did your modded ICS package work? Your previous comment said it was slow due to memory, but if you managed to free up some of the memory, then the performance must have (I hope) improved?

Regards, I'll probably give your image a try and see how it runs. My tab seems to be slow now because I've added so much to improving the UI (closer to ICS) that things hang a lot or run slowly.

Thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by mixsnew View Post
                Hey c0nK3R.

How well did your modded ICS package work? Your previous comment said it was slow due to memory, but if you managed to free up some of the memory, then the performance must have (I hope) improved?

Regards, I'll probably give your image a try and see how it runs. My tab seems to be slow now because I've added so much to improving the UI (closer to ICS) that things hang a lot or run slowly.

Thanks bud!
                Well my modded ics package doesn't do anything to how the kernel handles running memory, all it does is give you 1gb for installing apps and a modified build.prop to get full access to the play market.

When I said that ics was slow due to low memory that was actually my misconception What I actually believe is its the CPU scaling from one frequency to another (i.e. your going from 200,000 lines of code being executed to 1,000,000 lines of code being executed) so naturally the slower frequency would feel like the memory is bogged down. So just use a cpu frequency setter and lock the cpu speed higher than 408 but its gonna consume more power now. (Gingerbread is locked at 1008 so similar power drain to that rom)

If you want to try to modify how your system clears its memory you can try v6 supercharger to custom map your memory allocation (kills running process) but in my opinion it does a worser job than our stock ics settings, Also in my experience it slows the database i/o score lol which makes data calcualtions that much slower. Let me know if you find it better and I'll look into making a guide and new boot.img to enable init.d scripting for it

Found Here

Comment

Nice job! Seriously.... I know you spent a lot of time on this and very cool!

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Nice job! Seriously.... I know you spent a lot of time on this and very cool!

Bob
                    Thanks but seriously I have to THANK YOU for all the stuff you do on here I would probably still be running my N7P stock if it weren't for you , and mostly I did this thread because I know how intimidating it is searching thru all of these post looking to see if a rom was compatible with a S/N or if you'd end up with a brick.

Found Here

Comment

wifi error

How come for all of above, I cannot get the wifi to work?

Comment

Originally posted by piedad View Post
                        How come for all of above, I cannot get the wifi to work?
                        Simply put your device has a different hardware version basically an earlier build (you should also notice that no sound is emitted from the speakers). This is common with N7P's .

Simply download these rom's the links are below.

These should work.
                        Gingerbread for 0811's v1.4
                        Gingerbread for 1011's v1.4 -Recommended to just replace what came on it
                        "GingerComb" v2.1 (Remember to download the newer version) -Recommended for running

Unsure but you might try this after you've found one that works. Just don't flash the loader
                        ICS for 7P12 v1.2

Hope it helps, also post your results for future people with this problem

Found Here

Comment

Wifi Error

Originally posted by c0nK3R View Post
                          Simply put your device has a different hardware version basically an earlier build (you should also notice that no sound is emitted from the speakers). This is common with N7P's .

Simply download these rom's the links are below.

These should work.
                          Gingerbread for 0811's v1.4
                          Gingerbread for 1011's v1.4 -Recommended to just replace what came on it
                          "GingerComb" v2.1 (Remember to download the newer version) -Recommended for running

Unsure but you might try this after you've found one that works. Just don't flash the loader
                          ICS for 7P12 v1.2

Hope it helps, also post your results for future people with this problem

Still no Wifi... When I turn it on, I get an error. Tried all three above. Could I have damaged my wifi permanently?
                          Is there a stock factory ROM I can install so I can verify that my wifi still works?

Thanks!

Comment

Wifi Error

Still no Wifi... When I turn it on, I get an error. Tried all three above. Could I have damaged my wifi permanently?
                            Is there a stock factory ROM I can install so I can verify that my wifi still works?

Thanks!
                            And yes, no sound.
                            My serial says YF09113688..

Comment

Thanks!
                              And yes, no sound.
                              My serial says YF09113688..
                              I'm sorry to hear about that. Here's the Stock update for 0911 made on 12-06-2011 supplied from the nextbookusa.com website.

Use these instruction to install as it is going to be a different format.

I hope this fixes your device.

Found Here

Comment

Working...
                              X