Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

What are they:

The files below are modified ROMs based from stock builds for Amlogic Based Nextbook tablets.

ROMs for additional models may be added to this page as I complete them. If you want to receive updates when I release new files, consider subscribing to my developer bio thread using the link in my signature.

What Mods have been made:

• Some Bloatware Removed
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • USB Mass Storage + ADB Enabled
    • Insecure ADB Debug Mode Enabled
    • Init.d Scripting Support
    • Pre-Rooted
    • New Splash Screens
    • Updater Dumps Current ROM Before Installation
    How to Install:

These will require a custom recovery to install. Look here for a compatible TWRP Recovery:
    TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

These ROMs wipe System and Data before Install...
    You are strongly encouraged to make a backup with TWRP recovery before installing. A TWRP backup may enable you to restore your tablet if something goes wrong.

Install will take longer than usual, as the installer will dump your current ROM to your external SD Card, before installing the new ROM. You can not perform a CWM restore from this ROM dump. Worst case scenario, if the new ROM isn't compatible with your device, upload the ROM dump and I'll try to determine what happened and provide an updated ROM. (Assuming the ROM was working before install and the ROM Dump is complete.)

First boot will also take longer than usual as the system caches the deodexed apps and frameworks.

Don't forget to download Superuser or SuperSu from the Play Store to control which apps are allowed to use Root access!!!!

Please make sure you download the correct ROM for your device!

These files will be named in the format: SMT-"model"-"board"-"stock_build_date"-"optional_info".zip

Verify
    model and board in your stock build.prop before downloading: ro.product.model and ro.product.board

You can also check
    board in ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

These ROMs are believed to work on all matching model and boards, unless noted otherwise. Install at your own risk...

Downloads:

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Download Thread)
    Last edited by shaunmt; 05-05-2014, 05:46. Reason: Fix Formatting
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

The Next7P12-8G tablets are next on my list...

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

IT WORKS!!!

Yeah! I downloaded the WMN ROM and I finally get to use my tablet again after over a month! Thank you sir, I owe you a dollar or a beer or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Sumphlet View Post
        IT WORKS!!!

Yeah! I downloaded the WMN ROM and I finally get to use my tablet again after over a month! Thank you sir, I owe you a dollar or a beer or something!
        Glad to hear it... let me know if you find any problems with the ROM, as I don't own that model and can't test on it...

If you'd like to use the Donate button in my signature to send whatever you can spare, your donation will be used towards the purchase of another device model for testing...

I'd really love to be one of the first to get my hands on the new Quad-Core model Nextbooks that will be hitting stores soon...

ShaunMT

P.S. What do you think about the new splash screens?
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          Glad to hear it... let me know if you find any problems with the ROM, as I don't own that model and can't test on it...

If you'd like to use the Donate button in my signature to send whatever you can spare, your donation will be used towards the purchase of another device model for testing...

I'd really love to be one of the first to get my hands on the new Quad-Core model Nextbooks that will be hitting stores soon...

ShaunMT

P.S. What do you think about the new splash screens?
          The only thing I found wrong was my internal storage didn't mount, but I fixed that by going into stock recovery and wiping the media partition...

The new splash screens are pretty cool even though I might miss having some attractive women boot up on my tablet :P

I actually tried to click that Donate button but it doesn't seem to be working, in chrome or firefox :/

Comment

The only thing I found wrong was my internal storage didn't mount, but I fixed that by going into stock recovery and wiping the media partition...
            That seems to be a common issue on all of the different models. I've got 2 Next8P12's, a Next8HD8G and Next7HD8G and they all do it, but only sometimes... others have reported the same... It's one of the reasons I won't support installing CWM internally...

The new splash screens are pretty cool even though I might miss having some attractive women boot up on my tablet :P
            I hope you're the only one who misses them... seems like everyone else is always complaining about how much they hate those stock splash screens.

I actually tried to click that Donate button but it doesn't seem to be working, in chrome or firefox :/
            I haven't tested it in awhile... I'll take a look, maybe Paypal changed something... I know they recently made changes to their donation policies...
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I think I fixed it...

Yeah, It is working now...

ShaunMT
              Last edited by shaunmt; 03-25-2014, 18:43.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I hope you're the only one who misses them... seems like everyone else is always complaining about how much they hate those stock splash screens.
                Nah I don't miss them. They're super cheesy haha.

Comment

IT WORKS!!!

I just added this note to the OP...

Don't forget to download Superuser or SuperSu from the Play Store to control which apps are allowed to use Root access!!!!

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Data Partition?

Does this wipe the data partition? I'd like to try and keep my apps lol.

Nevermind, I just flashed it anyway.
                    Last edited by locuraconsigueusted; 03-25-2014, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
                      Does this wipe the data partition? I'd like to try and keep my apps lol.

Nevermind, I just flashed it anyway.
                      Then I'm sure you noticed that it does wipe data... I should probably add that to the OP.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hmmm... Can anyone make an init.d script that increases sd cache? I can't seem to find the correct folder in "/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/"... It's usually 179:0, but I can't seem to find that. Thanks.

Comment

like the rom shaun the logo is nice but when i run system cleaner i get error that system rom is all mot full i have did all the cache and factory restore any sugestions

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                            like the rom shaun the logo is nice but when i run system cleaner i get error that system rom is all mot full i have did all the cache and factory restore any sugestions
                            Which tablet do you have?

What system cleaner app are you using?

How much free space does it say is available?

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Which tablet do you have?

What system cleaner app are you using?

How much free space does it say is available?

ShaunMT
                              it has a gear on it icon says like 35 megs when i restore to the orginal rom i have more dont makemsince 8nd wm board its by flaki somthing like that

Comment

Working...
                              X