Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked one of these up, and the stock rom worked

Just got a 8HDHG a few days ago, and got it stuck in a bootloop somehow when playing with TWRP recovery (my fault I'm sure).

I used the same ShaunMT's TWRP recovery to re-install ShaunMT's WM factory ROM and I was back up and running in minutes.

Note: the tablet was not seeing or mounting the internal SD card. A reboot to stock recovery and "wipe media partition" formatted it, and it is now working properly.

FYI: This tablet has a "YFG0314" serial number, and is from Walmart. Doesn't look like the WM hardware
    changed at all since everything works fine (sound, wifi, cameras, etc).

THANK YOU SHAUNMT!!

Comment

Originally posted by sho-gun View Post
      Just got a 8HDHG a few days ago, and got it stuck in a bootloop somehow when playing with TWRP recovery (my fault I'm sure).

I used the same ShaunMT's TWRP recovery to re-install ShaunMT's WM factory ROM and I was back up and running in minutes.

Note: the tablet was not seeing or mounting the internal SD card. A reboot to stock recovery and "wipe media partition" formatted it, and it is now working properly.

FYI: This tablet has a "YFG0314" serial number, and is from Walmart. Doesn't look like the WM hardware
      changed at all since everything works fine (sound, wifi, cameras, etc).

THANK YOU SHAUNMT!!
      Yeah, I don't think they have changed these in awhile... and probably aren't manufacturing them anymore...

The SD card issue seems to happen sometimes after flashing... wiping cache and data before and after flashing seems to prevent it from happening... A reformat with stock recovery always fixes it on this model when it does happen(although it sometimes takes more than one try)... This is one of the reasons I haven't supported installing CWM or TWRP internally...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

reversed touch

Recently i replaced the front glass/digitizer on my dads tablet, when it booted up, the touch was reversed along the long axis (touching the right side resulted in the left side being clicked, i thought it might be a corruption in the stock rom, so i flashed both the shaunmts twrp, and modded stock rom, but the touch was still reveresed in both of them, is it possible to flip the touch in some software? i've attempted to do https://sites.google.com/site/fixeda...een/how-to-fix but nothing happened at all.

I appreciate any help,
        Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Kamontryst View Post
          Recently i replaced the front glass/digitizer on my dads tablet, when it booted up, the touch was reversed along the long axis (touching the right side resulted in the left side being clicked, i thought it might be a corruption in the stock rom, so i flashed both the shaunmts twrp, and modded stock rom, but the touch was still reveresed in both of them, is it possible to flip the touch in some software? i've attempted to do https://sites.google.com/site/fixeda...een/how-to-fix but nothing happened at all.

I appreciate any help,
          Tyler
          The screen's native orientation needs to be aligned with both with the display rotation and touch orientation in the software.

Unfortunately, there aren't many adjustments you can make without building from source code.

The adjustments you can make are for the rotation and the gsensor in the build.prop.

No guarantee that you can find a combination that works with your new screen.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
            The screen's native orientation needs to be aligned with both with the display rotation and touch orientation in the software.

Unfortunately, there aren't many adjustments you can make without building from source code.

The adjustments you can make are for the rotation and the gsensor in the build.prop.

No guarantee that you can find a combination that works with your new screen.

ShaunMT
            thats what i was afraid of.... thanks for your help shaun

Comment

did u get the right one i know that some of these tablets have three mabe four diferent ones that can make a difference i believe just an idea
              Originally posted by Kamontryst View Post
              thats what i was afraid of.... thanks for your help shaun

Comment

Will this work with the Amlogic Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G)?

Comment

Originally posted by randomkidsrule View Post
                  Will this work with the Amlogic Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G)?
                  Yes, that is what both of the two currently available versions are for... just beware that Nextbook used two different main boards in this model... you have to check the build.prop to determine which board you have and flash the correct one...

If you flash the wrong one, your display screen won't work, which it makes it very difficult to go back to the other one...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

New Next7P12-8G Modified Stock Based ROMs Available (Both WiFi Versions)

New Next7P12-8G Modified Stock Based ROMs Available (Both WiFi Versions):

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11651-ShaunMT-s-Modified-Stock-Based-ROMs-for-Amlogic-Nextbooks-(Download-Thread)

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

NEXT7D12R

Already working in the ROM of the NEXT7D12R?

Comment

Originally posted by luizjkk View Post
                        Already working in the ROM of the NEXT7D12R?

The Next7D12R is still on my list, but I haven't gotten to it yet...

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

The Next7D12R is still on my list, but I haven't gotten to it yet...

ShaunMT
                          Waiting, I am currently with the ICS on my tablet, was looking for a newer version

Comment

Waiting, I am currently with the ICS on my tablet, was looking for a newer version

Don't know if I will be able to update it to a newer version or not... It will require either building from source or porting from a different device... this one of the reasons development has been slow for me on the older devices...

I'd like to provide newer android versions instead of working on modified 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 stock ROMs... but I haven't had much success in getting everything working yet.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Don't know if I will be able to update it to a newer version or not... It will require either building from source or porting from a different device... this one of the reasons development has been slow for me on the older devices...

I'd like to provide newer android versions instead of working on modified 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 stock ROMs... but I haven't had much success in getting everything working yet.

ShaunMT
                              What is still not working?

Comment

What is still not working?
                                I don't have a Next7D12R to test on... been trying to build or port newer ROMs for Next8P12 and Next8HD8G... been awhile since I worked on either one, but problems have been related to screen orientation and rotation, audio, WiFi and Cameras. All features, I figure everyone wants to work correctly.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X