Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bncbnc View Post
    Hi Shaun -
    Reagarding my post of April and October 2014, I finally got a replacement tablet NEXT7P12-8G (serial FY091311841). Been using it for a couple of months on the stock ROM. Have now reached a point (as per previous tablets) where it is stuck on the flashing circle on powerup, and no amout of stock factory reset / cache clear will get it to start.
    Noting your comments from before, I have avoided overwriting the ROM, and have attached a copy of the stock build.prop (via booting up on TWRP), and it shows as per the attached files. Would SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip be compatible with this ?

P.S. I am not sure if my formatted version of the build.prop is correct - I may not have got all of the line breaks right.
    Thanks.

The build.prop file confirms that your tablet is Next7P12-8G-NXM727MCMC-WM, however Yifang Digital/eFun/Nextbook used at least two different WiFi chips in that model. You can't identify the WiFi chip from the build.prop file.

There are 3 possible ways to identify the WiFi chip.

1. If the device will boot, you might be able to identify the WiFi by typing "lsmod" or "dmesg" in a shell terminal. (This might not work).
    2. Flash a ROM and pray... if WiFi doesn't work, flash a different one... (It's always possible no ROM will work perfectly.)
    3. Open the device and read the label on the WiFi chip. (This is the only way to be sure everytime.)

Good luck.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

The build.prop file confirms that your tablet is Next7P12-8G-NXM727MCMC-WM, however Yifang Digital/eFun/Nextbook used at least two different WiFi chips in that model. You can't identify the WiFi chip from the build.prop file.

There are 3 possible ways to identify the WiFi chip.

1. If the device will boot, you might be able to identify the WiFi by typing "lsmod" or "dmesg" in a shell terminal. (This might not work).
      2. Flash a ROM and pray... if WiFi doesn't work, flash a different one... (It's always possible no ROM will work perfectly.)
      3. Open the device and read the label on the WiFi chip. (This is the only way to be sure everytime.)
      Another possibility if the system partition is not (too) corrupted is to boot TWRP Recovery from SD card, Mount the System partition and look in /system/lib for 8192cu.ko or 8188eu.ko wifi modules.

Comment

Originally posted by slapcheek View Post

Another possibility if the system partition is not (too) corrupted is to boot TWRP Recovery from SD card, Mount the System partition and look in /system/lib for 8192cu.ko or 8188eu.ko wifi modules.

Great suggestion!

Assuming your /system partition is mountable... and that your WiFi driver is an external kernel module and not built into the kernel.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Great suggestion!

Assuming your /system partition is mountable... and that your WiFi driver is an external kernel module and not built into the kernel.
          Worth a try before flashing Roms since TWRP Recovery exists for this variant of that model (and its handy to have it anyway, thanks to your effort). Kernel/external modules setup would hopefully be similiar to other variants of this model (i.e. wifi as external module).

Comment

How is the rom development NEXT7D12R ?

Comment

Originally posted by luizjkk View Post
              How is the rom development NEXT7D12R ?
              It's progressing...

I worked with another member to come up with a perfect TWRP for that model, but my unix drive suffered near total hardware failure earlier this week... I managed to retrieve most of my data, but not all of it... it's going to take some work to retest everything and see which files are ok, which are corrupted, and what might be missing...

As soon I get things sorted out, I'll be releasing new recoveries for several models all at once. With the help of another member, we finally solved all the reported TWRP touchscreen problems.

I don't want to release anything, until all the new versions are ready... if I do, I can guarantee some of the people around here will deep brick their tablets by trying to use a TWRP from a different model that doesn't match their ROM's kernel.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                It's progressing...

I worked with another member to come up with a perfect TWRP for that model, but my unix drive suffered near total hardware failure earlier this week... I managed to retrieve most of my data, but not all of it... it's going to take some work to retest everything and see which files are ok, which are corrupted, and what might be missing...

As soon I get things sorted out, I'll be releasing new recoveries for several models all at once. With the help of another member, we finally solved all the reported TWRP touchscreen problems.

I don't want to release anything, until all the new versions are ready... if I do, I can guarantee some of the people around here will deep brick their tablets by trying to use a TWRP from a different model that doesn't match their ROM's kernel.

ShaunMT
                OK, I'm always visiting to check news about the model.

Comment

please i want recovery or softwear for Next7P12-8G

serial:yf051401596

Comment

My tablet’s model name is Next7P12-8G. Board = NXM727MC_WM. Wifi = 8192.

I did what it says in this thread. Now when I turn on my tablet, first I get freaktab.com logo then shaunmt logo then nextbook finger logo. Did I flash it correctly?

If yes, what change should I notice? In order words, what do I get by doing this? My main issue is not been able to download enough apps. I know I can move apps to internal SD but now all apps allow that. I still see that firmware uses the same amount of space.

Comment

Quote from the OP:
                      Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                      What Mods have been made:

• Some Bloatware Removed
                      • Deodexed
                      • Zip-Aligned
                      • USB Mass Storage + ADB Enabled
                      • Insecure ADB Debug Mode Enabled
                      • Init.d Scripting Support
                      • Pre-Rooted
                      • New Splash Screens
                      • Updater Dumps Current ROM Before Installation
                      Nextbook NX008HD8G - Rooted

Comment

Originally posted by silver9990 View Post
                        Quote from the OP:
                        Root checker basic says "Root Access is not installed on this device". I guess that means something went wrong during flashing.

Comment

Okay. Got root access. Downloaded some software to uninstall things that I dont need. Will download app to overclock this tablet. Lets see how it goes.

Comment

Thank you ShaunMT.
                            I have a NextBook NEXT7P12. Serial begins with YF0713
                            I never updated the firmware from stock. One day when I went to turn it on, it just stayed on the splash screen (bootloop). Clearing the cache and performing a factory reset from the stock recovery screen did not fix the problem.
                            I successfully used the TWRP recovery suggested in the first post. Although attempting to clear the cache from the TWRP recovery menu resulted in a failure message and multiple cannot mount ubifs /dev/ubi0_0 errors, I went ahead and flashed a new firmware because I had nothing to lose. The SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip firmware booted (hooray!), but wifi did not work. I then tried SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip and now the tablet boots again and connects to my wifi network.

I have my doubts about the longevity of the flash memory in this device, but it is working again for the time being. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiasdyn View Post
                              Thank you ShaunMT.
                              I have a NextBook NEXT7P12. Serial begins with YF0713
                              I never updated the firmware from stock. One day when I went to turn it on, it just stayed on the splash screen (bootloop). Clearing the cache and performing a factory reset from the stock recovery screen did not fix the problem.
                              I successfully used the TWRP recovery suggested in the first post. Although attempting to clear the cache from the TWRP recovery menu resulted in a failure message and multiple cannot mount ubifs /dev/ubi0_0 errors, I went ahead and flashed a new firmware because I had nothing to lose. The SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip firmware booted (hooray!), but wifi did not work. I then tried SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip and now the tablet boots again and connects to my wifi network.

I have my doubts about the longevity of the flash memory in this device, but it is working again for the time being. Thanks again.

Sorry, due to my senior year of university, a career change, and a growing family, I haven't had the time I used to...

You did exactly what I would have suggested, and I'm glad your tablet is currently working again.

Unfortunately, I suspect your doubts regarding the longevity of the flash memory are accurate as well. Budget tablets like the Nextbooks use the cheapest parts available. Quality just isn't very high. By default, the system partition is read only, which means unless you previously rooted it and also made the system writable, or flashed it previously, the only way it could fail to boot is if the memory developed bad blocks due to hardware failure. I'd say your tablet's days are numbered and growing short. At least there are some great deals on newer models during the christmas season though.
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I need the original Rom for the NX008HD8G. Where i can get it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X