Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP Recovery with UBIFS Support For Amlogic Nextbook Tablets (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
    Hey shaunmt have u been able to get twrp updated
    I've got one model updated, haven't had time to finish the others yet. Hope to get back to it soon. Want to get them all updated and posted together so no one bricks their tab by trying to use the wrong version.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you for eveything mr.shaunmt is there anything new about the next7p12-8g m712mc_mb?

Comment

Hi there. I can't install the twrp on my next book nxt008 HI8G and the board is ebm9009np_w. I downloaded the twrp of the same model and with the board nxt9009np assuming it to be the same as mine. I followed all the instructions and I even tried it on two SD card but still the stock recovery shows up instead of twrp. Am I using the wrong twrp model? Kinda frustrating knowing that everyone who installs it seems to do it successfullyPlease help. Thanks in advance.
        PS. It was manufactured in June 2013 by Yifang.

Comment

Sir shaunmt can i try to use your twrp without removing stock recovery? Is there something possible to try first your twrp if will it work or not?

Comment

Originally posted by seifcom View Post
            Thank you for eveything mr.shaunmt is there anything new about the next7p12-8g m712mc_mb?
            Sorry... no news...
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by supersel07 View Post
              Hi there. I can't install the twrp on my next book nxt008 HI8G and the board is ebm9009np_w. I downloaded the twrp of the same model and with the board nxt9009np assuming it to be the same as mine. I followed all the instructions and I even tried it on two SD card but still the stock recovery shows up instead of twrp. Am I using the wrong twrp model? Kinda frustrating knowing that everyone who installs it seems to do it successfullyPlease help. Thanks in advance.
              PS. It was manufactured in June 2013 by Yifang.
              It sounds like one of two things happened... either you installed it incorrectly so it didn't even try to boot TWRP (possible, but it's pretty easy to unzip the file and place it on your external SD card) or it failed to boot TWRP and automatically reverted to the stock internal recovery (very possible, considering your board may have different kernel and/or partition layout).

There is no harm in attempting to boot a recovery from external SD on these tablets, however, if a TWRP for a different model does boot, actually using it to install anything can easily brick a tablet. These amlogic models have their partition layout hard coded in the kernel. If the partition map in the kernel of the recovery doesn't match the partition map in the kernel of your currently installed boot.img, the recovery can overwrite something to the wrong disk location.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by jacajoy8 View Post
                Sir shaunmt can i try to use your twrp without removing stock recovery? Is there something possible to try first your twrp if will it work or not?
                My TWRP versions for these amlogic based nextbook models is not designed to replace the stock internal recovery. They are designed to be booted from your external SD card.

There is no harm in attempting to boot a recovery from external SD on these tablets, HOWEVER, if a TWRP for a different model does boot, actually using it to install anything can easily brick a tablet. These amlogic models have their partition layout hard coded in the kernel. If the partition map in the kernel of the recovery doesn't match the partition map in the kernel of your currently installed boot.img, the recovery can overwrite something to the wrong disk location.
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir shaunmt. Guess i have to stick with stock recovery.Do you know any other custom recovery for these nextbook tablets? Thanks again.

Comment

Hello, mr. Shaunmt. I have a problem with my nextbook tablet.
                    The model of my tablet is Nextbook NX008HD8G and the serial number begins with YF1014. Sorry for my english...
                    What i've done: i only copied SMT_TWRP_Next8HD8G-NXM8000NBD_WMN to my sd card and tried to turn on in recovery mode.
                    It turn up in TWRP recovery mode normal. The touch and the buttons are working normal.
                    I just wanted to do a backup with TWRP for the future.
                    But there's a problem, it doesn't see the internal memory, only the sd card memory.
                    Then i remove from sdcard uImage_recovery.
                    now when i try to turn on the tablet it boots only till the second image
                    I think my mainbord is NBD_WMN version, earlier i install cpu-z
                    what i did wrong. how can i fix it?
                    thank you

Comment

It doesn't start, no matter is there sdcard or it is not

Comment

the tablet was rooted. i did it with cydia impactor, root checker says that i have root

Comment

now when in stock recovery i make wipe data/factory reset:
                          formatting cache ====>chmod errorData wipe complete
                          could you please tell me, it can be fixed?
                          thanks in advance
                          p.s. my tablet is based on amlogic aml 8726mx cpu

Comment

hello, is there anybody hwo can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by Eduard Chiperi View Post
                              Hello, mr. Shaunmt. I have a problem with my nextbook tablet.
                              The model of my tablet is Nextbook NX008HD8G and the serial number begins with YF1014. Sorry for my english...
                              What i've done: i only copied SMT_TWRP_Next8HD8G-NXM8000NBD_WMN to my sd card and tried to turn on in recovery mode.
                              It turn up in TWRP recovery mode normal. The touch and the buttons are working normal.
                              I just wanted to do a backup with TWRP for the future.
                              But there's a problem, it doesn't see the internal memory, only the sd card memory.
                              Then i remove from sdcard uImage_recovery.
                              now when i try to turn on the tablet it boots only till the second image
                              I think my mainbord is NBD_WMN version, earlier i install cpu-z
                              what i did wrong. how can i fix it?
                              thank you
                              It sounds like something happened to your system partition.

I would suggest trying to get it to boot TWRP from external SD CARD again, then either restore from backup, or try installing my ROM for your model.
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

but that's the problem. It seems that those TWRP don't work normal with my tablet model
                                mine is similar with mr. xxSAKISxx from the forum above, his serial number is YF071438021, mine is YF101401991.
                                I think that are the similar models and his build prop. is like mine. and i read above in the forum that you did not release TWRP and ROMS for these models
                                Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X