X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next8p12 Rom - MagicRom

my first Rom: MagicRom

MagicRom ver. 1.1
    ONLY Tablet: Mediacom 815i e Next8P12 (CHIP AMLOGIC 8726-M3)

change on 1.1: FIX ROOT - Remove img file for nextbook - Change bootanimation

Feature:
    - Similary stock
    - build.prop optimized
    - Cpu Mode Setting
    - HDMI SWITCH add 1080p
    - Rooted
    - Delete some app
    - Deodexed
    - Add old version of root explorer

Istruction:
    1. - Download Recovery: Link unpack and copy on SD

2. - Download MagicRom: Link copy directly on SD

3. - Download GAPPS: Link copy directly on SD

- restart in recovery (power and vol+)
    - Data factory and Wipe media partition,
    - Install MagicRom
    - Install gapps
    - Restar Normally

NB: AIf has proble with Google Play then download and install Google Play 4.3.11 da qui: Link

NB2: For mediacom user "image of boot and image of loading changing with Next8P12"

Regards to me for ROOT, view post su androidiani.com , user of http://www.freaktab.com/ (ShaunMT) for stock Rom of Next8p12
    Link XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com
    Link freak: http://www.freaktab.com/
    Last edited by magicone; 09-12-2013, 14:14.

I have a Next8p12 and 1.1 worked for me! Thanks!!

Comment

Thank you for your work! It is possible for you to port some "step up" rom? Something like Jelly Bean or Cyanogenmod?
      That could be nice!
      Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by patriciogac View Post
        Thank you for your work! It is possible for you to port some "step up" rom? Something like Jelly Bean or Cyanogenmod?
        That could be nice!
        Thank you again!
        I can't speak for the OP, but I'm working on some really exciting things for the Amlogic Next8P12.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Very nice to see budget tablets like this getting attention... next up, JB!

Is the recovery linked here similar to that of ShaunMT's September 14th's release?
          Last edited by mixednuts; 10-12-2013, 17:45.

Comment

Re: Next8p12 Rom - MagicRom

Originally posted by mixednuts View Post
            Very nice to see budget tablets like this getting attention... next up, JB!

Is the recovery linked here the similar to that of ShaunMT's September 14th's release?
            I believe it is my modified recovery. Or needs it to install. The stock recovery will only install updates from nextbook.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
              I believe it is my modified recovery. Or needs it to install. The stock recovery will only install updates from nextbook.
              Yeah, I assumed it was your modified recovery... was just curious as to whether is was your latest release.

BTW... just flashed the MagicRom onto a soft bricked Next8p12 that my brother-in-law gave me to fix - cudos to Magicone!

I can't speak for the OP, but I'm working on some really exciting things for the Amlogic Next8P12.
              How great would it be to see Google Now running on this thing.
              Last edited by mixednuts; 10-12-2013, 17:47.

Comment

Yeah, I assumed it was your modified recovery... was just curious as to whether is was your latest release.

BTW... just flashed the MagicRom onto a soft bricked Next8p12 that my brother-in-law gave me to fix - cudos to Magicone!

How great would it be to see Google Now running on this thing.
                Not sure if it is the latest.

Google now should work. If I recall correctly its actually part of Google search. Flash my gapps package and then install any updates or missing gapps from the play store.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Google now should work. If I recall correctly its actually part of Google search. Flash my gapps package and then install any updates or missing gapps from the play store.
                  From what know the Google Now portion of Google Search only works on devices with 4.1 and up.

Comment

From what know the Google Now portion of Google Search only works on devices with 4.1 and up.
                    Forgot about that. The next8hd8g has 4.1.1. I think I can get at least 4.1 running on the m3 models with very little effort. I'll try to get that tested soon. I have 2 of the m3 Next8p12's.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

The next8hd8g has 4.1.1. I think I can get at least 4.1 running on the m3 models with very little effort. I'll try to get that tested soon. I have 2 of the m3 Next8p12's.
                      One word - wow... great news!

I wish I could say that I'd help test, but as just an enthusiast I wouldn't be plugged in all the time. Don't wanna give empty promises.

Just noticed that the camera's acting funky with MagicRom.

Comment

Hi sir shaunMT,

I Need your help.. i tried your rom on my Nextbook pro 8 with m3-chip.. the installation went well but my wifi is not working.. Thank u for your help in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by Lynyrd View Post
                          Hi sir shaunMT,

I Need your help.. i tried your rom on my Nextbook pro 8 with m3-chip.. the installation went well but my wifi is not working.. Thank u for your help in advance..
                          Not sure which ROM you are using, but I didn't provide the MagicRom posted in this thread.

WiFi not working is a common symptom of a bad flash.

Try wiping data and cache from recovery first. If that doesn't solve the problem, flash the ROM again.

You may have wipe or flash more than once until the problem is solved.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not sure which ROM you are using, but I didn't provide the MagicRom posted in this thread.

WiFi not working is a common symptom of a bad flash.

Try wiping data and cache from recovery first. If that doesn't solve the problem, flash the ROM again.

You may have wipe or flash more than once until the problem is solved.

ShaunMT
                            hi sir shaunMT...
                            im using magicrom on my nextbook 8 pro.. i already did what you've taught to me.. but the wifi is still not working.. its still in the off state on the settings menu.. the nextbook is for my daughter.. huhuhu.. pls help me.. thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by Lynyrd View Post
                              hi sir shaunMT...
                              im using magicrom on my nextbook 8 pro.. i already did what you've taught to me.. but the wifi is still not working.. its still in the off state on the settings menu.. the nextbook is for my daughter.. huhuhu.. pls help me.. thank you..
                              Try reformatting your external SD card, then reflashing.

Also, you could try this ROM for the same tablet: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6581-Amlogic-Next8P12-%28NXM805MC%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-Root-amp-Gapps

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X