Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook Premium 8 IPS ( NEXT8HI8G ) rooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NextBook Premium 8 IPS ( NEXT8HI8G ) rooting.

Dear all,

I am new here so Hello to everyone Please, could someone help me to root NextBook Premium 8 IPS? I was looking all around web and have found nothing. I like this tablet, it is very good in both HW and SW, but root is something necessary to use it in best way.

Thank you very much.

Sepp

Originally posted by SeppWinkler View Post
    Dear all,

I am new here so Hello to everyone Please, could someone help me to root NextBook Premium 8 IPS? I was looking all around web and have found nothing. I like this tablet, it is very good in both HW and SW, but root is something necessary to use it in best way.

Thank you very much.

Sepp
    Haven't heard of this model yet. Can't find it anywhere, not even on Nextbook's website yet.

Can you tell us more about it? Maybe, provide a link to somewhere that is selling it?

A lot of people have reported success using Cydia Impactor to root the current Nextbook models.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Haven't heard of this model yet. Can't find it anywhere, not even on Nextbook's website yet.

Can you tell us more about it? Maybe, provide a link to somewhere that is selling it?

A lot of people have reported success using Cydia Impactor to root the current Nextbook models.

ShaunMT
      Hi, thank you, I will send info about model from home, where I have it. I bought this model in our on line store, where is this name. Maybe more precise will be in "About Tablet" menu in android. I didn't find it on the Nextbooks wbsite too Thanks again.

Comment

HI ShaunMT,

On the back side of my tablet there is Model No.: NX008HI8G, FCC ID: S7JNX008HI and IC ID: 8082A-NX008HI. Is this information helpful?

Thank you,

Sepp

Comment

Originally posted by SeppWinkler View Post
          HI ShaunMT,

On the back side of my tablet there is Model No.: NX008HI8G, FCC ID: S7JNX008HI and IC ID: 8082A-NX008HI. Is this information helpful?

Thank you,

Sepp
          I see some places selling this model now, including Best Buy. Seems to priced a little high...

Did you try Cydia Impactor? If you can get it rooted, I can help you dump the ROM.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I see some places selling this model now, including Best Buy. Seems to priced a little high...

Did you try Cydia Impactor? If you can get it rooted, I can help you dump the ROM.

ShaunMT
            Thank you for a tip. I will try it and i will write here if I was successful.

Comment

RE: NX8HI

ShaunMT
              Hi Shaun:

I decided to move my posts to this thread as it is more relevant. The NX8HD rooting procedure does work with the NX8HI . It does have an HDMI out - extended details at http://nextbookusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=15 . Now, if we could just customize the firmware lol. I used ROM Toolbox to remove the crappy efun bloatware, and improve tablet performance. I still haven't figured out how to dump the ROM as every program I have found insists upon CWM and there isn't any designed yet to work with it. But I can definately follow directions so if there is anything you need of me, please ask!

Thanks,
              Chris

P.S. Cydia Impactor will not work, nor will any other than the NX8HD. I tried them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stragen View Post
                Hi Shaun:

I decided to move my posts to this thread as it is more relevant. The NX8HD rooting procedure does work with the NX8HI . It does have an HDMI out - extended details at http://nextbookusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=15 . Now, if we could just customize the firmware lol. I used ROM Toolbox to remove the crappy efun bloatware, and improve tablet performance. I still haven't figured out how to dump the ROM as every program I have found insists upon CWM and there isn't any designed yet to work with it. But I can definately follow directions so if there is anything you need of me, please ask!

Thanks,
                Chris

P.S. Cydia Impactor will not work, nor will any other than the NX8HD. I tried them all.
                Well... I could have helped you dump the stock ROM, I even have instructions posted here in the formums, but now that you've edited it, I can no longer use it to create a stock ROM for anyone else who wants to restore their tablet to factory condition.

There isn't much that can be done to modify the stock ROM other than adding/removing apps or deodexing. We can't edit partition sizes because they are hard coded in the kernel and there isn't enough source code available to build our own. Maybe, I'll be able to build an alternate recovery or ROM like CWM / TWRP or Cyanogenmod / Paranoid Android eventually, but I have some big challenges to overcome in modifying their source code to support our UBIFS file system.

In the meantime, enjoy your newly rooted tablet!

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

NX008HD8G root?

I don't know if I have overlooked it or what but I cannot find how to root this tablet. I bricked one and took it back to WM. It was a soft brick but still wanted to start out right. Now point in the direction of the root!!! LOL!!! TIA! And please!! So hate the bloatware....

Comment

Originally posted by moonsbabe View Post
                    I don't know if I have overlooked it or what but I cannot find how to root this tablet. I bricked one and took it back to WM. It was a soft brick but still wanted to start out right. Now point in the direction of the root!!! LOL!!! TIA! And please!! So hate the bloatware....
                    Assuming you are talking about the Next8HI8G, no one has provided a firmware dump from this model yet.

Cydia Impactor has worked on many of the newer Nextbook models, but someone reported that it did not work on this model. It might be worth a try though.

If you are able to root it, please follow these instructions to dump the firmware so I can create a flashable root and stock based ROM for this model:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7768-How-To-Dump-The-Stock-ROM-from-an-Amlogic-Based-Nextbook-Tablet

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Assuming you are talking about the Next8HI8G, no one has provided a firmware dump from this model yet.

Cydia Impactor has worked on many of the newer Nextbook models, but someone reported that it did not work on this model. It might be worth a try though.

If you are able to root it, please follow these instructions to dump the firmware so I can create a flashable root and stock based ROM for this model:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7768-How-To-Dump-The-Stock-ROM-from-an-Amlogic-Based-Nextbook-Tablet

ShaunMT
                      NX008HD8G is what I have. Thanks.

Comment

NX008HD8G is what I have. Thanks.
                        In that case... the files you are looking for are in this thread from the Amlogic section:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6674-Amlogic-Next8HD8G-%28NX008HD8G%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-amp-Flashable-Root

Please be aware, you DO NO NEED to flash the ROM to root. If your ROM is working ok, just put the unzipped uImage_recovery from the modified recovery download on your external SD Card and use it to flash only the kyser_root.zip file.

The only reason to flash the ROM is if there is something wrong with yours.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

One question...is there a recovery on the tablet now? I did power and volume up on the new one and got nothing. Also I did the recovery image and the kyser_root.zip on the other tablet but when I got titaium backup it said it wasn't rooted.

Comment

One question...is there a recovery on the tablet now? I did power and volume up on the new one and got nothing. Also I did the recovery image and the kyser_root.zip on the other tablet but when I got titaium backup it said it wasn't rooted.
                            There is.

Try Power and Volume (-).

Signature verification will fail with the stock recovery.

During bootup, the SOC checks the external SD card for a uImage_recovery file, when it finds the modified one, it will automatically use it instead of the internal stock recovery.

The modified recovery looks EXACTLY the same as the internal stock recovery, only signature verification won't fail.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

There is.

Try Power and Volume (-).

Signature verification will fail with the stock recovery.

During bootup, the SOC checks the external SD card for a uImage_recovery file, when it finds the modified one, it will automatically use it instead of the internal stock recovery.

The modified recovery looks EXACTLY the same as the internal stock recovery, only signature verification won't fail.

ShaunMT
                              Cool. Home for lunch and checked it out. I need to format the old sd card when I get off work. I want to re-download the files and start fresh cuz titanium backup and root checker said I wasn't rooted before.

Comment

Working...
                              X