Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook Premium 8 IPS ( NEXT8HI8G ) rooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery added and flashed root....

Well I reformated my SD card. Then redownloaded the recovery and the kyser root thing and put both on the sd card. Turned it on into recovery and flashed the kyser root thing and now after setting it up from scratch again, the market will not update to the newest one. Also nothing will download on the market. It just says downloading but it never stops. Please help me figure this out. Oh and when I turn the tablet off, I have to set it up like it is brand new again. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by moonsbabe View Post
      Well I reformated my SD card. Then redownloaded the recovery and the kyser root thing and put both on the sd card. Turned it on into recovery and flashed the kyser root thing and now after setting it up from scratch again, the market will not update to the newest one. Also nothing will download on the market. It just says downloading but it never stops. Please help me figure this out. Oh and when I turn the tablet off, I have to set it up like it is brand new again. TIA.
      Your cache or dalvik cache are corrupted.

Reboot to recovery
      Wipe Cache (Twice)
      Reboot to Android and test

If that didn't fix it, it's probably the dalvik cache. Unfortunately davlik cache is stored on data and the only way to wipe it is wipe data.

Reboot to recovery
      Wipe Cache (Twice)
      Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Twice)

You may have to do this more than once until it works right, especially if you have a failing block in your NAND memory. You may have better results if you remove the external SD card temporarily and use the stock internal recovery to wipe cache and data.
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        Your cache or dalvik cache are corrupted.

Reboot to recovery
        Wipe Cache (Twice)
        Reboot to Android and test

If that didn't fix it, it's probably the dalvik cache. Unfortunately davlik cache is stored on data and the only way to wipe it is wipe data.

Reboot to recovery
        Wipe Cache (Twice)
        Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Twice)

You may have to do this more than once until it works right, especially if you have a failing block in your NAND memory. You may have better results if you remove the external SD card temporarily and use the stock internal recovery to wipe cache and data.
        You rock! While surfing around reading your posts while waiting for you to reply, I read to boot into recovery and wipe cache and data. So I did and did it twice for good measure! Still waiting for the market to update but got quickboot and titanium backup. Also quick booted into recovery and rebooted and didn't have to reset it up! ....never mind the market updated after another reboot. And we have root!!!

Comment

Shell Shocker at Newegg for $80 - Today only (03-11-2014) (NX008HI8G)

Nextbook 8" Android Tablet - Dual Core 1.50Ghz 1GB RAM 8GB Flash IPS Display Android 4.1 GMS (NX008HI8G)

Sale starts at 10am PT.

If anybody has rooted this tablet using Cydia Impactor, let us know. Reports earlier in this thread (months ago) said it did not work.

Comment

Working...
          X