Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextbook 8 rooted nx008hd8g (made after 8/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook 8 rooted nx008hd8g (made after 8/13)

Been looking around theres been on root methos or any kind of development done for the nx008hd8g with the serial beginning with YFG1013.Im no dev i just like playing with my toys, so after a few failed root methods i came across cydia impactor downloaded and ran it n boom rooted...now heres the skinny... i may have obtained partial root via other methods im not advanced enough with my tinkering to be certain and i dont really wanna hard reset to test to see if the impactor will do all the work.SOOOOOO... any devs willing to walk me thru dumping the rom so more ppl can obtain root with this tab id be more than happy to comply and if anyone is willing to try cydia on a fresh tab tht may clear up weather or not partial root is required first hand thnx guys

Originally posted by Xeriios View Post
    Been looking around theres been on root methos or any kind of development done for the nx008hd8g with the serial beginning with YFG1013.Im no dev i just like playing with my toys, so after a few failed root methods i came across cydia impactor downloaded and ran it n boom rooted...now heres the skinny... i may have obtained partial root via other methods im not advanced enough with my tinkering to be certain and i dont really wanna hard reset to test to see if the impactor will do all the work.SOOOOOO... any devs willing to walk me thru dumping the rom so more ppl can obtain root with this tab id be more than happy to comply and if anyone is willing to try cydia on a fresh tab tht may clear up weather or not partial root is required first hand thnx guys
    Check the Amlogic Nextbook subforum.

Cydia Impactor always works on all current Nextbook models.

I've already received a new stock ROM dump.

An updated stock ROM and Flashable root are coming soon.

CWM and Cyanogenmod are also coming soon.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Check the Amlogic Nextbook subforum.Cydia Impactor always works on all current Nextbook models.I've already received a new stock ROM dump.An updated stock ROM and Flashable root are coming soon.CWM and Cyanogenmod are also coming soon.ShaunMT
      Awesome, glad to hear this tabs not being neglected. Tyvm for the info ive been looking and waiting for some more info on this tab to come out all futile, so i just had to put something outhere for any nubs like myself with little knowledge of the right places to look

Comment

Nextbook 8 + Cyanogenmod

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
        Check the Amlogic Nextbook subforum.

Cydia Impactor always works on all current Nextbook models.

I've already received a new stock ROM dump.

An updated stock ROM and Flashable root are coming soon.

CWM and Cyanogenmod are also coming soon.

ShaunMT
        Any idea on timeframe for Cyanogenmod. A ROM upgrade would really make the Nextbook sing.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sapelzin View Post
          Any idea on timeframe for Cyanogenmod. A ROM upgrade would really make the Nextbook sing.

thanks
          I've got it booting Cyanogenmod 10, but haven't got the wifi working or the rotation to work correctly.
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I can't seem to locate a definitive answer, but has anyone locked down a solid root/roms for these tabs?been lurking for a while and decided to register. You guys are great and look forward to the things I can learn here.

Comment

Originally posted by no1udknow View Post
              I can't seem to locate a definitive answer, but has anyone locked down a solid root/roms for these tabs?been lurking for a while and decided to register. You guys are great and look forward to the things I can learn here.
              what board u have if u dont know down load cpu z then in stall then run and go to the system tab if u got wm tjere is some cm10 and cm11 roms out but still buggy

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                what board u have if u dont know down load cpu z then in stall then run and go to the system tab if u got wm tjere is some cm10 and cm11 roms out but still buggy
                This might make me sound like a total noob, but does anyone know if theres a possibility for safestrap? I have allways liked the ability to partition and install roms.

Comment

Root

Yeah like aforementioned Cydia Impactor works for root no ROMs are available yet

Comment

Well, so far I am reading about a lot of bricks on this model so I may have to cool my jets and wait till something stable comes along. The last thing I want to do is turn my Xmas gift into a drink coaster.

Comment

Well, so far I am reading about a lot of bricks on this model so I may have to cool my jets and wait till something stable comes along. The last thing I want to do is turn my Xmas gift into a drink coaster.
                      the things here ar stable u just have to make sure u have the right roms or cwm for the rightmboard whitch is easy if u jave any questions pm shaun he make sure u have the corect files i recomed rooting only unless ur curent rom is not working right mine is rooted amdni switch beteen three diferent roms and no problems

Comment

the things here ar stable u just have to make sure u have the right roms or cwm for the rightmboard whitch is easy if u jave any questions pm shaun he make sure u have the corect files i recomed rooting only unless ur curent rom is not working right mine is rooted amdni switch beteen three diferent roms and no problems
                        The problem is that there are two different models with the same name, because the manufacturer likes to change parts without updating the documentation or packaging...

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

if u install cpu-z it tell u what board and other things in the system tab

Comment

ithe install cpu-z it tell u what board and other things in the system tab
                            I have the WMN board. What do you recommend. I mostly want to root and install a debloated ROM so I have a little more space.

I imagine at this point there is no Kk kernel available. Any hope for that?

Comment

I have the WMN board. What do you recommend. I mostly want to root and install a debloated ROM so I have a little more space.
                              Take a look at my custom ROMs here: http://ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)

Can't do anything yet to get more app space... Normally, we would remove some apps from the system partion, make the system partition smaller and increase the size of the data partition for apps, but on these devices, the partition sizes are hard coded in the kernel. We need a custom kernel to change the partition sizes.

The only other option is to change the mount point for the external SD Card to make it available for app storage. (I haven't tried this yet, so I can't provide instructions.)

I imagine at this point there is no Kk kernel available. Any hope for that?
                              Our kernel supports most KK features, but we don't have any KK ROMs or source code available, except for a Cyanogenmod version Christian Troy made for Ainol Tablets that some people are trying to port to our models.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X