Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M6 Pro (Rileys Kitkat ROM) wifi too slow

Hie everyone

since i have the kitkat rom i have the feeling that the wifi is so good as it were with the official firmware.
    The signal is always dropping during connection or transfert at home.

I doubt its a problem with my Dsl router because with my laptop or another tablet (galaxy note) or even with my phone the signal and connection seems better.

is there a specific problem related o my pipo tablet ?

Can someone help me to investigate this issue ?

Pipo m6pro has in general awful antennas: 3G, GPS, and wifi. All sucks!

I replaced the wifi antenna and the connections problem were fixed.

This is a common problem to many pipo models...
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Ok i saw your post about wifi antenna reception problem
      which model of internal wifi antenna do you advise me ? i read that u wanted to use an laptop wifi antenna

can you give me a model not expensive ?

Comment

These are good antennas:

http://www.****.it/itm/A-Pair-of-WNC...c814549&_uhb=1

You only need to cut the ufl connector and solder the cable on the tablet's motherboard. Don't worry, it's very simple!

The seller is EXTREMELY reliable.

Comment

need help

I hope you can help me giouncino. I have bought the antenna you have recommended but i need your help.
          I am an absolute novice in the soldering apartment :-) I`m not afraid trying this out as i`m suspecting my antenna is causing some slow webbrowsing.
          I have soldered chip in my wii some years ago and it went ok. It took some time but it worked.

1. Where is the antenna located? 2. What does it look like? 3. The antenna i bought on **** comes in a pack with two antennas. Do i only need the one that says wlan mimo (gray) ? 4. How long cord would you recommend? The cord is 40 cm. 5. And finally where do i place the new antenna for the best result.

I hope you will help me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by FatFreddyDK View Post
            I hope you can help me giouncino. I have bought the antenna you have recommended but i need your help.
            I am an absolute novice in the soldering apartment :-) I`m not afraid trying this out as i`m suspecting my antenna is causing some slow webbrowsing.
            I have soldered chip in my wii some years ago and it went ok. It took some time but it worked.

1. Where is the antenna located? 2. What does it look like? 3. The antenna i bought on **** comes in a pack with two antennas. Do i only need the one that says wlan mimo (gray) ? 4. How long cord would you recommend? The cord is 40 cm. 5. And finally where do i place the new antenna for the best result.

I hope you will help me :-)
            here is a picture of the internal with antenna indications:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	434365

Use one of the two, if I remember well both antennas should be identical. For cable length, keep as short as possible, but i suggest you to maintain the original antenna location.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7421[/ATTACH]

Use one of the two, if I remember well both antennas should be identical. For cable length, keep as short as possible, but i suggest you to maintain the original antenna location.
              Thank you very much. I am a little busy the next two days, but I will try it out this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7421[/ATTACH]

I have opened the tablet but i'm not 100 percent sure what to do.
                As i understand it, the new antenna should be soldered on to the board (2nd Picture)? There seems to be two soldering points? Is that for the outer and inner cable?
                Cant seem to see the wifi antenna (1st Picture) There is some Black folie/tape, some silver tape and two soldeing points. What should i do here?
                Again, i am an absolute novice.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have opened the tablet but i'm not 100 percent sure what to do.
                  As i understand it, the new antenna should be soldered on to the board (2nd Picture)? There seems to be two soldering points? Is that for the outer and inner cable?
                  Cant seem to see the wifi antenna (1st Picture) There is some Black folie/tape, some silver tape and two soldeing points. What should i do here?
                  Again, i am an absolute novice.
                  Correct!
                  Inner and outer must be soldered

you can choose on how to proceed:
                  1 - disconnect the antenna on the first picture by desoldering cable from the antenna, place the new one in place of the stock (tape is for ground reference, not necessary with the new antenna), pay attention on soldering well outer and inner. Note that isolation plastic of the original cable fuses rapidly when soldering, then you can risk short circuit inner-outer and then wifi will work worse than before.

2 - desolder cable from the motherboard (as I did with my old m6pro), cut the new coax cable at the right length prepare inner and outer of coax cable and solder the new cable with the antenna in place of old one. This is the best solution but you need to pay extremely attention doing it, because you are playing with the motherboard and you can risk to destroy your tablet.

PS: I rebuilt GPS antenna too: stock antenna is too short! if you have a copper tape you can think to rebuild it. Pipo engineer have had some trouble with counts!!!! They did not use the rule of 1/2 of GPS wavelegth when building GPS antenna, this is why GPS is not working well.

Comment

Thank you very much for trying to help.

I have tried but i seem to have trouble melting the old solder with my 30w soldering iron. I've holded the iron on the solder for 5-10 secs and im afraid to fry something on the pcb. Shuld it be possible with my 30w iron?

I thougt about just solder the new antenna on top of the old one on to the pcb. Is that a possibility? Surely a stupid question.

I have put some paper under the old antenna and it helped a little. Not much but a little.

Correct!

1 - disconnect the antenna on the first picture by desoldering cable from the antenna, place the new one in place of the stock (tape is for ground reference, not necessary with the new antenna), pay attention on soldering well outer and inner. Note that isolation plastic of the original cable fuses rapidly when soldering, then you can risk short circuit inner-outer and then wifi will work worse than before.

2 - desolder cable from the motherboard (as I did with my old m6pro), cut the new coax cable at the right length prepare inner and outer of coax cable and solder the new cable with the antenna in place of old one. This is the best solution but you need to pay extremely attention doing it, because you are playing with the motherboard and you can risk to destroy your tablet.

PS: I rebuilt GPS antenna too: stock antenna is too short! if you have a copper tape you can think to rebuild it. Pipo engineer have had some trouble with counts!!!! They did not use the rule of 1/2 of GPS wavelegth when building GPS antenna, this is why GPS is not working well.

Comment

GPS antenna

Correct!

dear giouncino

can you please give me the measurements for the GPS antenna and maybe a picture ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by w4sepp View Post
                        dear giouncino

can you please give me the measurements for the GPS antenna and maybe a picture ?

Thank you
                        It's a pleasure, I think that knowledge must be shared!!!

The rule is:

C = lambda * f

where C = speed of light
                        lambda = wavelenght
                        f = frequency, in this case is the GPS frequency (1,575Ghz)

An optimized antenna MUST have a length of 1/2 lambda

So in this case every "arm" of the dipole must have a lenght of 1/4 lambda

For the GPS every arm of the dipole must have a length of 47,62 mm (it is not important to reach the ,42mm but you need to be precise for the 47 mm to have the most efficient antenna!)

This is a picture of the GPS stock antenna:

Name:	stock antenna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	434632

the new antenna must be built as per this scheme:

Name:	new GPS antenna.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	434633
                        I built it wide 3mm, but there is no requirement for width. Depth must be minimized (i used a copper tape of 0,3mm).

I sold my m6pro so I cannot take any picture of the finished job!

EDIT:
                        I found a picture of the modded GPS antenna with the finished job:

Name:	CIMG1471.jpg
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	434651
                        Last edited by giouncino; 09-04-2014, 18:12.

Comment

Thank you very much for trying to help.

I have tried but i seem to have trouble melting the old solder with my 30w soldering iron. I've holded the iron on the solder for 5-10 secs and im afraid to fry something on the pcb. Shuld it be possible with my 30w iron?

I thougt about just solder the new antenna on top of the old one on to the pcb. Is that a possibility? Surely a stupid question.

I have put some paper under the old antenna and it helped a little. Not much but a little.
                          I used a cheap solder directly on the PCB, there is the possibility to fry something, but I did the job sometimes and I didn't fry anything, but could be only a matter of luck!

You need to unsolder the old one and the sold the new one. Could you please post a picture of the place where the antenna is located on your tablet?, because I'm not sure to have understood well!

Comment

I used a cheap solder directly on the PCB, there is the possibility to fry something, but I did the job sometimes and I didn't fry anything, but could be only a matter of luck!

You need to unsolder the old one and the sold the new one. Could you please post a picture of the place where the antenna is located on your tablet?, because I'm not sure to have understood well!
                            I have m6 pro 16 gb wifi only. I have pointed out what i understand is the wifi antenna on these pictures.Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1409989595678.jpg
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	434661Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1409989672394.jpg
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	434662

Comment

Yes, It's correct, thisi is the antenna for Wifi and bluetooth. And the PCB place of the wifi cable is the one that you highlighted.

Furthermore the antenna present on the upper part of the picture 2 is the GPS antenna.

Comment

Working...
                              X