Pipo S1 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1 RileyROM 1.2

This ROM is based on firmware designed for Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7" aka Pipo S1 4.2.2 FW. The firmware is dated 2/11/2014. This firmware was designed to unlock the CPU speed of the tablet.

Included in this ROM are the following RileyROM features:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated of all unnecessary apps
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    English default
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt
    Reboot app by Petrus
    New boot animation by me
    Your choice of 2 or 4gb user app space (4gb is the default)
    Auto Install feature (Installs apk's automatically on first boot from autoinstall folder on your external SD)

Edit: This is now 1.2.1...fixed rooting.

I was given some wrong information the other day by one of our other developers that the same method we use to root KitKat would work with Jellybean...clearly it doen't...so back to the old way of doing it in 1.2.1.

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

Donations are welcome!!!! See my signature line for a Paypal link.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 06-25-2014, 15:55.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

thanks for rr v 1.2, unfortunately we have a problem

I tried flashing twice with same result: it appears not to be rooted -- running supersu results in "no binary installed and cannot be installed -- this is a problem" message
    I tried to root and appeared to work until rebooted, then not rooted again
    reboot app also said not rooted before root and after reboot, so loses root after boot
    sorry, but these are all the clues I can give as to what might have gone wrong

So except for apps that need root, it's great, and I like the new animation

Comment

OK. I know what's wrong. I will fix it this morning. Thanks for testing it.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Rooting is fixed. Just download from the same link again.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Rooting is fixed. Just download from the same link again.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
          Thanks, you've nailed it. I thought I'd have to replace this tablet with a quad-core, but with the cpu now using it's full potential, this old s1 meets my needs perfectly -- very fast and smooth performance -- a pleasure to use.

Of course, I like your custom rom best, but I thought the sumvision version 1.2b was very lean, and would like to give them a shout-out, too.

Thanks for another great effort.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't have to take much out of this one.

Glad you like it!!!!!!
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

downloading

Comment

@vox my friend had a bootloop and no os installed error after accessing twrp and rebooting from there. Can you confirm this bug pls. Thanks.

Sent from my RAINBOW using Tapatalk
                Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

We might need to have Abdul_pt make a specific TWRP for this ROM.

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

What is the problem ?
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

He is reporting a boot loop after he gets out if TWRP...I'm not sure of details.

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
                        @vox my friend had a bootloop and no os installed error after accessing twrp and rebooting from there. Can you confirm this bug pls. Thanks.

Sent from my RAINBOW using Tapatalk
                        @cs sorry, been gone for a while -- don't use twrp, so can't help on this one

Comment

OTG

Hi guys.

Just downloading this ROM and will give feedback asap.

@rrileypm, is this ROM having OTG enabled?

I've tried the previous from Sumvision (stated as v1.2b I believe), but it doesn't have it.
                          The TNT R5 I had installed on my S1 supported this but since I installed Voyager's, this was disabled and I couldn't revert to a previous ROM.

I am also having some minor noises during standby. (some <crrc> noises). Don't know if someone else s having same issue
                          Will try your ROM as soon as it downloads (really slow connection where I am at the moment) and will provide some feedback on this.

Many thanks for the ROM rrileypm.

Comment

Originally posted by meks View Post
                            Hi guys.

Just downloading this ROM and will give feedback asap.

@rrileypm, is this ROM having OTG enabled?

my wireless k/b dongle is plugged into otg -- works perfectly -- hope you have success, also

Comment

Hi guys

This ROM runs pretty smooth and no more <crrrc> noises . Long time having this issue...
                              Many thanks for this Riley!

@voxjazz, did you had problems with OTG in the past?
                              Seems my OTG is not working and I really don't know why..
                              Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                              X