Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meks View Post
    Hi guys

@voxjazz, did you had problems with OTG in the past?
    Seems my OTG is not working and I really don't know why..
    Any thoughts on how to fix it?
    I have not had any issues with this, but I guess if you try a new otg cable, you might have success

Comment

Sorry for the delay but I was trying to find an USB otg cable back here in Portugal, since they are a little bit expensive here..
      So I bought one and unfortunately the result is the same...
      It looks like the tablet doesn't provide any power to the peripherals..and because of that the device is not recognised.
      So I tried with a powered hub and the same happen.. Still without OTG..
      Any more ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by meks View Post
        It looks like the tablet doesn't provide any power to the peripherals..and because of that the device is not recognised.
        So I tried with a powered hub and the same happen.. Still without OTG..
        Any more ideas?
        just to be sure i understand, have you tried to connect something with a known installed driver, such as a common usb mouse, for testing purposes? if the mouse works, but not the device you have in mind, it may not be the port's problem.

if a common usb mouse will not work, it will be virtually impossible to disassemble and determine the problem and fix it without a great likelihood of doing additional damage. maybe you can find a good used s1 on ****, or elsewhere, for a reasonable price. that may be the only practical approach to get a working usb port.

that's all i can think of tonight, sorry

Comment

I'm having an issue with battery on this rom. It charges faster when I use it while it does, it may sound good but it is a "fake" charge because, although it reaches 100%, doesn't last the time it should with a full charge.
          When I say fast I mean really, really fast. Fully charged in half an hour or so.
          I know the easy solution is not to use it while it charges but it doesn't hurt to ask and you may wanna know about this or maybe others are having the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by julian6732 View Post
            I'm having an issue with battery on this rom. It charges faster when I use it while it does, it may sound good but it is a "fake" charge because, although it reaches 100%, doesn't last the time it should with a full charge.
            I installed Battery Calibration (NeMa v 1.2) from Google Play Store and followed the instructions. This solved all of my battery issues with my Pipo.

I should note that as a lithium battery ages, it still charges from 0 - 100%, but the total capacity keeps decreasing, meaning the running time decreases, eventually becoming just a few minutes. So it is possible that the battery is actually failing, but if not I hope the calibration app will do the trick for you.

Comment

Originally posted by voxjazz View Post
              I installed Battery Calibration (NeMa v 1.2) from Google Play Store and followed the instructions. This solved all of my battery issues with my Pipo.

I should note that as a lithium battery ages, it still charges from 0 - 100%, but the total capacity keeps decreasing, meaning the running time decreases, eventually becoming just a few minutes. So it is possible that the battery is actually failing, but if not I hope the calibration app will do the trick for you.
              I forgot to mention, I've already done the battery calibration. Also I know it's not capacity decreasing because when I charge the tablet without using its battery last the normal amount of time (5 hours browsing, 3 hours gaming and over 8 hours just reading). I'm pretty sure the problem is just when I use it while it charges.

Comment

Is this ROM for both Pipo S1 and Pipo S1 Pro?

Am considering buying an S1 Pro for the kids - seems like a good tablet for £65, and I am very happy with my Pipo M9 Pro... although only because of RileyROM - with stock ROM it was distinctly average!!! Would like to know that there is a RileyROM option on the S1 Pro before buying in case the stock ROM is not good.

Any thoughts on whether the S1 / S1 Pro are good appreciated!

Thanks.

Comment

This ROM won't work on the S1 Pro.

Here is the S1 Pro thread:

Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

OOoops, sorry, should have spotted that. Did look down the list, but completely missed it!

Thanks a lot Randy, you are a legend.

Might well order that S1 Pro, hoping it will be as good as my M9 Pro with RileyROM, in which case it would be a bargain.

Comment

AWESOME ROM !!

@ rrileypm !

Thanks loads for such awesome instructions, foolproof for a total android noob like me !!!

alotta time and effort went into this, really appreciate it loads, thanks so much

on my android adventure for customising, now i got the bug lol !

Comment

Link2sd Problem - SOLVED !

howdy folks !

just wanted to say, on this Pipo S1 i had a problem with the Link2sd app, just thought you'd like to know how it was fixed !

i formatted each of these "class-X" sdcards with MiniTool Partition wizard, each with 3 primary partitions, here are my results:

i used:

4GB Class 4 sdcard = Not Compatible

16GB Class 6 sdcard = Not Compatible

32GB Class 10, UHS-1, sdcard = Fully Working,Formatted as:

All Primary Partitions:

1st - 24GB, FAT32
                        2nd - 4GB, EXT4
                        3rd - 1.3GB, Linux Swap

All 4kb Cluster Size for the formats, but Default cluster size for the Linux Swap File and the Link2sd app successfully finds the EXT4 partition, installs the mount script with success and tells you to reboot for the changes to take effect

So only class 10 sdcards work

as this is the only tablet i have, this post might be in the wrong place so i do apologise if it is

Comment

I'm totally new to Rockchip flashing and I'm having a helluva time trying to figure out how to get this to work. I've jumped through some hoops and finally got Finless ROM Flash Tool to recognize the tablet in flash mode (had to disable the USB hub since I'm using Windows 8.1). But now when I go to flash, I get this:

22:10:36 090 INFO:Start to run
                          22:10:36 090 INFO:Start to test device
                          22:10:41 090 ERROR:TestUnitReady failed,Errcode(-3)
                          22:10:42 121 INFO:Test device OK
                          22:10:42 121 INFO:Start to download file
                          22:10:42 137 INFO: Start to download files to flash,backup offset=0x20000
                          22:10:42 153 INFO:Flash Start to download file to flash
                          22:10:42 199 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=misc,offset=0x2000
                          22:10:42 278 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=kernel,offset=0x4000
                          22:10:47 278 Errorownload kernel file failed,Offset(0),Errcode(-2)
                          22:10:47 278 Error: Download System file failed
                          22:10:47 293 ERRORownload file failed
                          22:10:47 293 ERROR:Image Thread Failed
                          22:10:47 309 ERROR:Run failed

The above is from the log file. When flashing, even if I try to flash only the recovery, it stops at:
                          "INFO:Writing data to flash,Size(xxxx)K,Written(53)K"
                          Always (53)K. Weird.

I've tried 3 different USB cables, including one with an extra long connector. Any ideas on what might be going on? Thank you.

*EDIT*
                          Found a CWM Recovery from Danyrolux that flashes only the recovery via RKAndroidTool 1.35 and it errors out with the same thing. I've also tried another USB 2.0 port, directly on the motherboard.

*EDIT Again*
                          Used a 32-Bit Windows 7 based computer and followed the directions more closely. I had to install the driver a bit differently, using the "Have Disk" method but the drivers finally got in, the tool recognizes it and it's flashing right now.
                          Last edited by natenkiki2004; 08-16-2015, 07:24.

Comment

Working...
                          X