No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole button disconnected from the board. And when I was closing the tablet the screen cracks .

I was thinking to buy this one:

But, before buy a new one, I need to see if the community will do new roms

Comment

I'm not very familiar with Onda products...I don't know of any custom ROM's for it. I do like the MTK driven tablets, though.

Cube has a nice 9.7", they are very good.

China-1 Stock | Buy Cube U59GT Talk 97 MTK8382 1.3GHz 9.7 inch Tablet PC Phablet Android 4.2 Quad Core IPS Capacitive Touch Screen 1024*768 1GB/8GB Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Also, Pipo has their new P1 with the RK3288.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Both

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I'm not very familiar with Onda products...I don't know of any custom ROM's for it. I do like the MTK driven tablets, though.

China-1 Stock | Buy Cube U59GT Talk 97 MTK8382 1.3GHz 9.7 inch Tablet PC Phablet Android 4.2 Quad Core IPS Capacitive Touch Screen 1024*768 1GB/8GB Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Well have both the Cube 9x Talk (solid/ nice fit and finish) and the Pipo P1. Both are very nice. Cube is lighter, longer battery life (for us). Wife has the P1, I am just toying around with the 9x. Hope the custom firmwares are a user friend as the Pipos. Screen / image quality looks real good on the P1 . P1 tablet frame seems to be a firmer (no soft spots) than the M9 Pro(which has a few squish spots around the screen) tad ...to be continued... both have the Chinese stock rom..so both seem far pretty stable..
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

is this rom stable or does it reboots often?

Comment

Some are lucky, some are not. I am a unlucky one. Reboots galore. I'm to lazy to do another flash, but there are times that I think: I won't wait for a new version.

Comment

Does this version have 3G support?

Comment

I was wondering, because I find that with the stock roms, my tablet doesn't run as smoothly as I suspected, I the pipo m9 pro runs smoother with this rom.
                Is the rom stable or are there still reboots?

Comment

Alternative Stable 9.7 inch Tablet Freelander PD80

Originally posted by edmaronline View Post
                  Well, end of story to me .
                  When I finally get to put a firmware again (the tablet rebooted) I realize that the power button was broken! It just fell down when I reassembled. So, There is no way how to power it up again. No, I will buy a new tablet .
                  Anyone could tell me which one could be a nice replace to the pipo m9 pro? I guess now I want one with 9.7 inchs.

Thanks my friends.
                  I can really recommend this Tablet. The Stock rom 4.2 Some variants have HDMI out port others don't
                  The most impressive features are small bloatware, stable, crisp responsive display and digitzer. Virtually no reboots over 9 months. Reasonable build quality. Spare parts such as Digitzer glass available. Despite only 1 GB ram this is a great performer on video. I would not bother with ROM modification unless you have a really good need. (Charges both USB Micro or same as pipo m9 pro.) Internal 3G good gps.

Data Capacity:16GB Network Communiction:Built-in 3G,Bluetooth,Wifi,External 3G (both)
                  Screen Size:9.7" Extend Port DC Jack,Earphone Jack,TF card,USB Net Weight:665G
                  Supporting Language:English,Russian,Spanish,Swedish,Portugues e,Turkish,Italian,German,Chinese,
                  French,Japanese, Polish, Ukrainian,Greek,Hebrew
                  Camera:Second Webcam Touch Screen Type:Capacitive Screen Feature:GPS,Multi Touch,HDMI, G Sensor, Phone Call, OTG, Ultra Slim, Dual Cameras Memory RAM:1GB Second Webcam Pixels:5MP Operating System:Android 4.2
                  Display resolution:1024x768 Cell Capacity:6000mAh Li-ion Battery Processor Model:MT8382, Quad core Cortex-A7 Color:WhiteScreen:9.7 Inch IPS 10 Point Touch Capacitive 1024*768Webcam:Front 0.3MP Back 5.0MP Cameras2G/3G:SupportBluetooth/GPS/HDMI

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

Hi Randy - The Onda tablets are much better build quality than the Pipo kit - unfortunately they let themselves down MASSIVELY with the firmware and don't release sources......
                    rendering what I think has been the best bargain in tablets (in the shape of the 32gb V975M v2, which is a really nice thing to hold - I get slight jealousy when comparing it with my M9 Pro, which is a bit flimsy with a touch screen that is nowhere near as responsive or nice to touch).

I am going to skip the P1, unless they build quality has improved drastically.
                    I will wait and see if anyone builds a tablet with the AMLogic S812 SoC (and releases the sources, so we can compile our own kernels/ROMs).
                    We already have devs here building kernels etc (and Bob putting ROMs together) for the S802 based TV boxes and they are great bits of kit. Even the board manufacturer chief of ROM development from Netxeon/Beelink (Oman) is on here sharing discussing improvements.

Comment

help

I have a M9 Pro running Riley Rom 2.72 I downgrade from 3.3 as the tab keep soft booting the problem now is when I try copy my music to the 32gb sd card it takes hours it then shows the card to be almost full but when I go the card al the albums are empty
                      confused Waz

Comment

Originally posted by kav View Post
                        Having tried almost all variants of ROMs and Kernals, Inc 3.4, to find the most stable (over the past 2 weeks flashed countless times!! Pipo M9pro wifi only) finally found that RileyRom 2.6b to be the most stable. (RileyROM 2.6 4.4.2 Kernal 3.4.0) - I have not had a single freeze or reboot in over 4 days, battery consumption is good and speed is acceptable with no lags.
                        I'm really pleased because I can finally use my M9Pro as a serious workhorse.

There is only one problem When I try to download or update some apps from the Google Playstore, get Download Error 403 (this is only with some apps - i.e yahoo Mail downloads without problems, but Dropbox does
                        I also think 2.6b is the best one for m9pro: smooth, no lag, fast gps fix, no reboots.. No problem at all downloading apps like dropbox from the playstore.

Comment

NEWBIE HERE

Just got the PIPO M9 PRO saw this link from the site to Freaktab.com and I tried to upgrade following the instructions but my windows 8.1 pc won't install the rockchip driver. Any advice?

Comment

Sure

Originally posted by rage123 View Post
                            Just got the PIPO M9 PRO saw this link from the site to Freaktab.com and I tried to upgrade following the instructions but my windows 8.1 pc won't install the rockchip driver. Any advice?
                            This should help:
                            Download Windows drivers & Android tools voor Rockchip RK3188, RK3066, RK2918. Firmware upgrade, CPUset tool, overclocken. Win 8, win 7, win XP, win 2K

Look for:
                            RK3066 / RK3188 / 32BIT (X86) / 64BIT
                            • Autoinstaller Windows 7 / 8 – download NEW

Also an installable win8 driver is in the RileyROM 3.4 zip , one of the folders. Always Read, Read, and Re-read the instructions. I believe it is covered in the guide.
                            I verified, yes look in the RockChip_Driver_Installer folder, that install will lay the windows 8 driver needed!
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Comment

Originally posted by rage123 View Post
                              The windows 8.1 problem is already discussed/solved in this thread:
                              windows 8.1
                              good luck

Comment

One problem with this ROM comes with the autorotation. If you try to rotate the tablet too much, it reboots. I reproduce it every time, but the rotation number before the reboot vary, sometimes after 4, sometimes after 8-9 rotations the tablet reboots automatically... Could you confirm this behavior ?

Comment

Working...
                                X