Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random reboots is Rotation a Cause?

Originally posted by del_piero3 View Post
    One problem with this ROM comes with the autorotation. If you try to rotate the tablet too much, it reboots. I reproduce it every time, but the rotation number before the reboot vary, sometimes after 4, sometimes after 8-9 rotations the tablet reboots automatically... Could you confirm this behavior ?
    Hi I also use RR2.6B and find it mostly stable but can not find a pattern to the random reboots. Is del Piero onto something here? How can you review logs after a reboot in an attempt to find the cause?

Comment

rotation true...

restarts after having the rotation test...

hayz...
      M8pro
      M9pro (current tab)

Comment

heading back to 2.6b....

All,
        Having tried almost all M9 roms out of RR's rom kitchen (do not forget to donate!) I am tempted to going back to 2.6.
        I am now on Rr kk 3.4, but it is giving me frequent reboots (which I believe in some cases are assciated with screen orientation changes) and a strange glitch on Youtube, that causes Youtube to go black after a few minutes. Also, Chrome will stop every so often, which may or may not be related to 3.4

Now, 2.6 is the most reliable I can remember, so I plan to go back. However, most or all newer roms are based on newer firmware from PiPo and I suppose the fine people from PiPo have a reason for that.
        So: what am I going to miss when going back?

Your thoughts please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchoak View Post
          All,
          Having tried almost all M9 roms out of RR's rom kitchen (do not forget to donate!) I am tempted to going back to 2.6.
          I am now on Rr kk 3.4, but it is giving me frequent reboots (which I believe in some cases are assciated with screen orientation changes) and a strange glitch on Youtube, that causes Youtube to go black after a few minutes. Also, Chrome will stop every so often, which may or may not be related to 3.4

Now, 2.6 is the most reliable I can remember, so I plan to go back. However, most or all newer roms are based on newer firmware from PiPo and I suppose the fine people from PiPo have a reason for that.
          So: what am I going to miss when going back?

Your thoughts please.
          As far i can remember 2.6b kernel is underclocked at 1,4GHz.
          I think 2.6b Rom with latest kernel #407(optional you should try kernel_M9Pro3_407_cpu1704-low_gpu600_ddr720 from here provided bycshock2010) is the "sweet spot" for M9Pro.

Comment

A must try...

I really have to experience this rom first hand, and it was muchly laggy, using 407 and 406 oc'd kernels. Used my most stable Kitkat Kernel from the past Kernel #386, and still lag persists heavily. Safe to say, RR3.01 + Kernel 386 (oc'd) is the better rom in KK standards for me.
            What I really like about KK is themuch faster boot time, JB boot time is a long story.

Since I am haunted by the Snappier JB, I did went back again using both Kasty and RR2.7 on RR2.7 Oc'd kernel.
            Kasty JB Antutu: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1876936&type=1

RR2.7JB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7076355&type=1 (current rom)

RR3.4 KK using Kernel 406, 1608 standard 600 768: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8539512&type=1
            Did this installing only antutu. The problem is the frequent instances of slow-mo effect. After installing the other apps, antutu scores at 21K.

Thanks to Antutu5 for the additional 5K score.

Thanks to sir Riley for making this world a lot more interesting and a better one to live in with our Android units. Wishing you with lots more of success!
            M8pro
            M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Originally posted by Jak View Post
              I really have to experience this rom first hand, and it was muchly laggy, using 407 and 406 oc'd kernels. Used my most stable Kitkat Kernel from the past Kernel #386, and still lag persists heavily. Safe to say, RR3.01 + Kernel 386 (oc'd) is the better rom in KK standards for me.
              What I really like about KK is themuch faster boot time, JB boot time is a long story.

Since I am haunted by the Snappier JB, I did went back again using both Kasty and RR2.7 on RR2.7 Oc'd kernel.
              Kasty JB Antutu: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1876936&type=1

RR2.7JB: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7076355&type=1 (current rom)

RR3.4 KK using Kernel 406, 1608 standard 600 768: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8539512&type=1
              Did this installing only antutu. The problem is the frequent instances of slow-mo effect. After installing the other apps, antutu scores at 21K.

Thanks to Antutu5 for the additional 5K score.

Thanks to sir Riley for making this world a lot more interesting and a better one to live in with our Android units. Wishing you with lots more of success!
              Hi,
              As i read on Pipo Tablets PH https://www.facebook.com/notes/pipo-...41518722600922 you have troubles with both OC-ed kernels 406 and 407.
              From previous post I didn't understand anything...you have mixed scores from JB and KK with two Antutu versions ?
              I could provide you the latest Antutu v4.apk for reference and future use, if serves.

Comment

Hi, it's the latest maj of your rom for m9pro riley ? Gps does it's works ?

Comment

I don't remember, for sure...you might try browsing this thread and see if anyone indicates one way or the other. I've slept a few times since I made this ROM...hahahaha!!!!!!
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

I try the rom and GPS works. And rom are stable.

Comment

why is rom 3.0.1 more stable as this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by robinjoo1 View Post
                        why is rom 3.0.1 more stable as this rom?
                        Why is the moon made of cheese?? (sorry guys I could not help myself!!)

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                          Why is the moon made of cheese?? (sorry guys I could not help myself!!)
                          well screw you

i just aanna know if rom is stable only few have reported

Comment

First of all, I don't own an M9 Pro...so my answer is only based on feedback in the threads.

The M7 Pro and M9 Pro tablets are very similar. Depending on the release date, I would interchange the M7 Pro releases with M9 Pro tablets by including the M9 Pro kernel. This ROM is the newest release of KitKat for 3188 from Pipo...but it was specifically for the M7 Pro. The kernel for this ROM is from the older ROM's...so there is no difference in the kernel...which drives about 90% of the stability.

Therefore, whether this ROM is any more stable than 3.0.1 is purely subjective.

My best answer would be to suggest that you try it...if you run into problems...go back to 3.0.1.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by robinjoo1 View Post
                              well screw you

i just aanna know if rom is stable only few have reported
                              You seem to be a lazy bitch. Because IF you had read the topics, you would know that EVERY FRIGGIN PIPO behaves a little bit different, for some 3.0.1 is the most stable, for others the 3.4...
                              So, you are basically lazy as f##k and rude to other users.... maybe you should consider going somewhere else.
                              Last edited by rrileypm; 09-18-2014, 18:24.

Comment

"F Bomb's" aren't allowed here.

Is it that necessary to get all emotional about posts? He's simply trying to get information.

I'm the developer here...but as you can see, with ALL of these threads and ALL of these posts...I, too, find myself getting a little lazy and asking someone to refresh my memory...rather than look it up in the threads.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X