Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****OFFICIAL Polaroid PMID701c THREAD! root, market, and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
    Shawn has about as close to an exact duplicate of the stock ROM as we are going to get. I imagine even when the official Polaroid ROM gets released it will still not be as exact as Shawn's is now since I am sure there will be other changes made.
    The biggest reason I got the Onda's out there was because there were several people that needed them so I certainly understand what you are saying Rob.

Matthew
    Hello!

OK, I can understand that... Where might this ROM be available at for download?

73 DE N4RPS/3
    Rob

Comment

New Sticky note

What can I say the kid is good

Comment

Looks like Biglots have similar looking tablet that is running ICS it will be interesting if we get the stock rom of it and over ours.

Comment

Originally posted by trentbg View Post
          Looks like Biglots have similar looking tablet that is running ICS it will be interesting if we get the stock rom of it and over ours.
          Hello!

If you mean the 701i, work is in progress towards that end. Southern Telecom, the manufacturer of these things, was SUPPOSED to have released an 'update' of the stock ROM for the C model (Gingerbread) Friday, with one for the I model (ICS) coming 'soon'.

We'll see who gets one out there first, I suppose. So far, Team DarkStar leads, 1-0. Will that soon be 2-0? Perhaps...

73 DE N4RPS
          Rob

Comment

Calendar function

I have followed all instructions for rooting, and I think it's all good. My question: Can I get a calendar app like on my android phone (came pre-installed)? I have looked through the market and they are all not what I'm looking for. On my phone I have a clock/date widget in use and when I click the date it goes right to my stock google calendar, can this tablet do that? Thanks in advance for any help!! (Note: I am not that techy, so simple instructions are best )

~Amanda

Nevermind this question, I figured out that my phone has a calendar by HTC not Android. Thanks anyway!
            Last edited by joamchild00; 04-24-2012, 11:45. Reason: figured out where I went wrong :)
            ~Amanda

Comment

WIFI Explorer

I downloaded the free version of dooblou WiFi File Explorer, and was fooling around with and discovered I could see / folders, like config, data, dev, sys, system. I don't know if this is any use but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Comment

polaroid 701c ics

Hello im jwhood this is my first post on this great site,i just bought one of these tablets today,and i love it $99 for a 7" ics tablet is a steal,i cant wait to see if the devs on here get a custom recovery on here and possibliy some custom roms!!! I would love to see cm9 or even maybe a sense 4.0 rom that would be awesome,i know the 512 mb isnt alot of memory ,but i 've seen devs work wonders with the worst phones ever and get something to run that know one thought was even possible,sorry for off topic just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and im down for the ride to try to crack this thing wide open!!!!!!!

Comment

So tell me...

Will the OP on how to root and add Google Apps back in work on phones too or do I need to find a forum on phones? Thanks in advance!

~Amanda
                  ~Amanda

Comment

Thank you

Just wanted to pop on here and thank you guys for all of the help. I got one of these as an entry level tablet for my 6 year old son- he loves electronic gadgets and was constantly borrowing my wife's iPad. I wanted something cheap that wouldn't hurt too badly to lose/break. Now I want one of these myself!

Is there a place I can show my gratitude by throwing a couple bucks in on the maintenance on this site? thanks!

Comment

I picked one up yesterday (preloaded with ICS) and I can confirm that the method for installing Google Play/Android Market still works. Quite a nice little tablet for the money.

Comment

wipe

My screen is jacked up and cant get to factory reset option. Is there a way to wipe it from adb or something?

Comment

Originally posted by joamchild00 View Post
                          Will the OP on how to root and add Google Apps back in work on phones too or do I need to find a forum on phones? Thanks in advance!

~Amanda
                          Hello!

To keep the thread on topic, I have answered your question via private message.

73 DE N4RPS
                          Rob

Comment

Connecting to Wifi

hello i just got one of these nice little tablets PMID701i , i wanted to use the wifi off my phone (metro pcs esteem) and it wont connect to it , it sees it and saves it but wont connect , is there something i can do to fix this??? my phones network is the only wifi i have, it works on my laptop and friends ipod and iPad .....is it the software malfunctioning ? i really have no use for it if i cant get the wifi up and running

BTW it will connect to my friends home wifi so i dont think its the hardware ...thanks!!

Comment

limited offer

Originally posted by momsboy12 View Post
                              hello i just got one of these nice little tablets PMID701i , i wanted to use the wifi off my phone (metro pcs esteem) and it wont connect to it , it sees it and saves it but wont connect , is there something i can do to fix this??? my phones network is the only wifi i have, it works on my laptop and friends ipod and iPad .....is it the software malfunctioning ? i really have no use for it if i cant get the wifi up and running

BTW it will connect to my friends home wifi so i dont think its the hardware ...thanks!!
                              I offer little solution, but instead a question. Will it connect if you disable security(open network) or try different security? Indeed strange that it will connect to other networks and see your mobile hotspot but not work. Good luck.
                              Tip your Pitsaboi

Biglots 701c
                              Updated Google Play Store
                              Phone.old
                              Netflix v1.52
                              "windows using moron"

Comment

Originally posted by pitsboi View Post
                                I offer little solution, but instead a question. Will it connect if you disable security(open network) or try different security? Indeed strange that it will connect to other networks and see your mobile hotspot but not work. Good luck.
                                My wifi is always set to public, I just tried with security and it followed all the steps then just saved it like before.there's also (*) is next to the wifi name, any idea what that means? Thank u for the reply

Comment

Working...
                                X