Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid S10...root???

Hey guys,

I just got a Polaroid S10 tablet from Kohl's (which I may or may not keep). It's running JB 4.2.2, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any root exploits that will work with it.
    AndroidPizza

Originally posted by AndroidPizza View Post
    Hey guys,

I just got a Polaroid S10 tablet from Kohl's (which I may or may not keep). It's running JB 4.2.2, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any root exploits that will work with it.
    What else can you tell us about it?
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      What else can you tell us about it?
      Ya bro...need some info...CPU type, etc.
      https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Re: Polaroid S10...root???

Here's some specs, straight off the box. Even the worthless info.

Processor: 1.6GHz, Dual Core
        RAM: 1GB/DDR3
        Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600
        Internal Memory: 8GB
        External Memory: Micro SD
        Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
        Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer

Sent from my Atrix HD
        Check out this thread!
        AndroidPizza

Comment

And my hunch is that it has an Allwinner processor.

Sent from my Atrix HD
          Check out this thread!
          AndroidPizza

Comment

And my hunch is that it has an Allwinner processor.

Sent from my Atrix HD
            Check out this thread!
            You may be right pizza dude. And it is a good chance indeed. It makes me wonder if its an actual onda tablet that's been rebranded

Comment

Root S10

Hey guys,

Just replaced my 701C [a wonderful cheap tab thanks to Electrik's newest rom - because the usb port connection broke] with an S7. Great improvement over the 701C. Just ordered another one at $75 for **** to give the wife to replace her beat up 701C.

Rooted it by downloading from 1MobileMarket SuperSU ver. 1.65 and then installed Google Services and Google Playstore apks.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jimwallcft View Post
                Just replaced my 701C [a wonderful cheap tab thanks to Electrik's newest rom - because the usb port connection broke] with an S7. Great improvement over the 701C. Just ordered another one at $75 for **** to give the wife to replace her beat up 701C.

Rooted it by downloading from 1MobileMarket SuperSU ver. 1.65 and then installed Google Services and Google Playstore apks.

Hope this helps.
                Wait...you mean it's rooted out of the box? You just need to sideload a superuser app?

Sent from my Atrix HD
                Check out this thread!
                AndroidPizza

Comment

Wait...you mean it's rooted out of the box? You just need to sideload a superuser app?

Sent from my Atrix HD
                  Check out this thread!
                  Pizza-probably. Most of the Polaroids come with a stripped SU binary and is already 'rooted'. By adding/installing the superuser apk you're most likely just gaining the 'front end' to SU. I actually obtain root on several 'non-rooted' Polaroid tablets by using the SU binary that came with the 701c

Comment

firmware update for google store at www.southerntelecom.com/polaroid support (from polaroid company)

Hey guys,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can upgrade to have google play in polaroid website..they only offer this for A8, S7, S8, S10.
                    so, you don't have to root the tablet. it is compatible to have google play store...
                    and.. it is firmware update. you will notice big difference after this update.
                    first, you should go to the site below to download file to desktop or laptop computer.

then, follow this instruction below. they only have instruction for A8 but it's same anyway.

be sure to follow every steps.. this update comes with google map, google+, etc..
                    good luck~!

Comment

Originally posted by creanity View Post
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can upgrade to have google play in polaroid website..they only offer this for A8, S7, S8, S10.
                      so, you don't have to root the tablet. it is compatible to have google play store...
                      and.. it is firmware update. you will notice big difference after this update.
                      first, you should go to the site below to download file to desktop or laptop computer.

then, follow this instruction below. they only have instruction for A8 but it's same anyway.

be sure to follow every steps.. this update comes with google map, google+, etc..
                      good luck~!
                      Thank you. I tried forever to find the "S" series download section but couldn't. I took the URL you gave me and changed the S10 to S8 and downloaded the update...
                      Polaroid S8
                      Blackberry Torch
                      Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
                      Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
                      (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
                      (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
                      Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
                      ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

FYI, here is an Antutu screen shot (of what I COULD get).

Fresh out the box, no mods yet. Antutu and Superuser / SuperSU won't run, I can't get to root with ES File Explorer, etc, etc, etc, so maybe they changed something with the root access?

Here are some screen shots (build looks like August 27, 2013?)
                        Attached Files
                        Polaroid S8
                        Blackberry Torch
                        Kindle Fire HD Gen 2 - Wifes
                        Nokia 520 Windows 8 - Wifes
                        (3) Nextbook 7s - Slooooooow - (Finless Bob ROM) - used for kids e-readers
                        (2) Samsung Exhibits - kids
                        Samsung Blaze, Kindle Fire, (2) PMID701c (Elektrik ROM) - all RIP
                        ...some laptops, some PC's and some routers / switches

Comment

Originally posted by jsta6 View Post
                          FYI, here is an Antutu screen shot (of what I COULD get).

Fresh out the box, no mods yet. Antutu and Superuser / SuperSU won't run, I can't get to root with ES File Explorer, etc, etc, etc, so maybe they changed something with the root access?

Here are some screen shots (build looks like August 27, 2013?)
                          not surprising, given the fact that it only mentions giving you Google play ;-)

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on how to obtain root on the new "Google Play" firmware?
                            AndroidPizza

Comment

Root S10

Download the new software update from Southern Telecom as it contains Google Play

and flash the tablet. Be sure to save anything you wish to keep as this update will erase the tablet. Then follow directions from link below:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8478-How-to-root-Polaroid-S8-S10-gt-TUT-lt

Anyone have any ideas on how to obtain root on the new "Google Play" firmware?
                              Last edited by jimwallcft; 12-28-2013, 18:51. Reason: Add material

Comment

Working...
                              X