ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resolution

OK, tnx, that I knew, I thought there was something else I was missing. I have enough 'points' for a Zeki, Nook, or Ideapad. The Zeki comes with 4.0, but low res screen. Nook and Ideapad come with 2.3, but adequate res. I'm thinking with the 4.0, the Zeki has newer tech overall. I'm going to be using this mostly for ebook and comic. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by vgerdj View Post
      OK, tnx, that I knew, I thought there was something else I was missing. I have enough 'points' for a Zeki, Nook, or Ideapad. The Zeki comes with 4.0, but low res screen. Nook and Ideapad come with 2.3, but adequate res. I'm thinking with the 4.0, the Zeki has newer tech overall. I'm going to be using this mostly for ebook and comic. Any suggestions?
      I have never used it for either, but with that said, I no longer have this tablet. The screen resolution, although it was much sharper than my Polaroid, still was not what I wanted. I ended up getting an Ainol Novo 7 Elf 2 which is a much better tablet for not much more money. It has 8 or 16gb of storage, 1gb ram, dual core 1.5ghz CPU and dual GPU with a screen res of 1024x600. It actually out performs the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 at less than half the price.
      Jim
      ---
      Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
      Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
      Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying this tablet new in box from someone on Craigslist for $60. is that a good deal? I can wait till the after-thanksgiving-day deals if you think I can get the same or a better deal! Do you think the Ainol ElfII will drop to the $75 range during that time? thanks for the advice! I haven't been keeping up on tablets!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexridge View Post
          Yes, the sdcard is optional, I just wanted you to avoid any confusion if you had bought one and inserted it. Actually, you can leave it in, and just copy the zip file to both, because honestly I cannot remember whether it checks the internal SD or the external SD for the zip file. Once finished with the update, it will delete the zip file from the SD it installed it from, then you can just manually delete it from the other after the market is installed, or just leave it there for a backup.

The worst that can happen? Nothing I can think of. I have done this to four of these units without a single hitch.
          I've tried this and now my Zeki boots to a white screen I can't get it to do anything please help.

Comment

Originally posted by cotk69 View Post
            I've tried this and now my Zeki boots to a white screen I can't get it to do anything please help.
            Have you tried 4.0.4 download to you micro sd card, then when you boot up hold the - lower volume button on boot. If your unable to get to rom manger area then looks like you have hardware problems.

I would love to see how the Zeki 7' works on 4.1 . I assume making the rom would be standard but the Kernal up grade would be the hard part. I find that over clocking the tablet to 1.1ghz improves the tablet a whole lot. Since it is rooted already, it is easy to make the rom lean and mean with removing the bloat ware with titanium backup.

The only bad about this tablet is no blue tooth. The price at 89.99 was great. Flash pllayer 11 works great so no need to use the google chrome browser.

Comment

broken screen

I bought the zeki for my girlfriend.. She loved it, but cracked the screen.. anyone have any suggestions? Used it for 2 months. She was devastated..

Comment

Working...
              X