No announcement yet.

ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those asking me about getting the market installed on this tablet, here is the link you need.

Flash the Android Market Voice search to Zeki TB1082B,TB892 & TB782B and no need root I just release a TB782B 4.0.4 ROM (non wipe ROM) in the below link. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31186466#post31186466 You can found the way to...

Just follow the instructions on that link, and it will work. I have already done this to three of these tablets without any problems.
    Jim
    ---
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
    Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
    Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Ad Hoc wifi?

I am not as computer advanced as the rest of you but I have a question. I am shopping for my first tablet. I use Joikuspot on my nokia phone for tethering, but it gives an ad hoc wifi, rather than infrastructure. Normally the ad hoc doesn't work with android I understand. I noticed you said the Zeki comes already rooted. Does anyone know how hard it would be to get the ad hoc wifi working and how it is done? Thanks so much!

Comment

We got adhoc working on Gingerbread a while back It involved finding a wpa_supplicant file and replacing the one on your tablet in /system/bin. Yes you would need to be rooted to do it.

I have the one for Gingerbread. Not sure if it would work for you on ICS or your hardware. But that is what it takes, a working wpa_supplicant from a tablet similar in specs to yours that supports adhoc.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Lexridge View Post
          Good question! I have emailed their tech support about it, but yet no reply from them. I have also extracted all the parts necessary to build a ROM, but so far, the A10 Kitchen is not being very cooperative, but I have only worked on it seriously one evening so far. Time is a luxury. Anyone else want to try their hand at building the ROM for this unit? I will supply all files necessary.

I disassembled it today, not to the point of removing the MB, but that will come next. The MB is NOT the same as the Polaroid, as I originally thought. It is actually quite a bit bigger, and supposed to have a SATA 3 connector on it somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it is on the backside of the MB, which I have yet to see. When I get there, I will of course post photos of it.

There are no screws to take the case apart. It is simply snapped together, but very well, I might add. It was kinda difficult to get it started, but once started, it was very easy to work around it with a small thin screwdriver.
          Out of curiosity, did you ever find out if there was a SATA 3 connector on the motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
            Out of curiosity, did you ever find out if there was a SATA 3 connector on the motherboard?
            It does not have one that I could find. There is one blank spot were a chip is missing, I am guessing that is where the SATA controller chip goes. There is also another unused connection that has my curiosity. It is labelled MOTO + -

Maybe it is for a spinner vibrator or something like that. I have been thinking of pulling the spinner from an old phone and trying it on this to see if that is what it is.
            Jim
            ---

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. Came upon this site while searching for some info on the Zeki 7" Tablet Model TB782B.
              I am considering this tablet instead of the Kindle Fire and was hoping someone could give me advice on the differences (other than cost).
              I have a Motorola Droid X2 SmartPhone that I really like, but wanted something with a little bigger screen for reading, games and all around web use.
              I read where the Google Play Store can be put on this tablet, but I'm not sure I would be able to do it with out messing something up, haha.
              Also this tablet has the Aldiko ebook installed, I think I read that somewhere, but I would much rather have the Kindle App for reading eBooks, since that is what I have on my phone and I could sync the two devices so that I could read my book on either device. Could I uninstall the Aldiko reader and just use the Kindle app?

Right now Sears has these on sale for $99.99, so I'm finding it hard to pass this up if there's not going to be any major differences between this and the Fire. Any advice?

Comment

Not sure about the Kindle app, but it should work just fine, once you get the market installed. Besides, if it does not do what you need, you have 30 days to return it.

Also, you might look at the Novo 7 Elf II. It is dual core CPU and dual core Gfx too for about $20-$50 more.

I wanted to get the new Google Nexus 7 which is LOADED with features, except for the one I need the most...an SDCard slot.

Just a note, I would NOT buy a Kindle Fire. Wait for the Fire 2. The Kindle Fire is really overpriced and under powered.

Originally posted by JanDroid View Post
                Hi, I'm new here. Came upon this site while searching for some info on the Zeki 7" Tablet Model TB782B.
                I am considering this tablet instead of the Kindle Fire and was hoping someone could give me advice on the differences (other than cost).
                I have a Motorola Droid X2 SmartPhone that I really like, but wanted something with a little bigger screen for reading, games and all around web use.
                I read where the Google Play Store can be put on this tablet, but I'm not sure I would be able to do it with out messing something up, haha.
                Also this tablet has the Aldiko ebook installed, I think I read that somewhere, but I would much rather have the Kindle App for reading eBooks, since that is what I have on my phone and I could sync the two devices so that I could read my book on either device. Could I uninstall the Aldiko reader and just use the Kindle app?

Right now Sears has these on sale for $99.99, so I'm finding it hard to pass this up if there's not going to be any major differences between this and the Fire. Any advice?
                Jim
                ---

Comment

So could you help me to install the Google Play on the Zeki tablet if I get it?
                  I mean, I looked at the page that was referred previously in this thread, but quite frankly, I'm not sure I fully understand what I need to do. Is there any other instructions someplace else that might be easier for a non-techie to understand? Could you perhaps provide a list of steps to take to get it installed properly?

I think this tablet is just what I'm wanting, but of course I want/need Google Play on it.

Comment

So could you help me to install the Google Play on the Zeki tablet if I get it?
                    I mean, I looked at the page that was referred previously in this thread, but quite frankly, I'm not sure I fully understand what I need to do. Is there any other instructions someplace else that might be easier for a non-techie to understand? Could you perhaps provide a list of steps to take to get it installed properly?

I think this tablet is just what I'm wanting, but of course I want/need Google Play on it.
                    Sure, it is really simple. Remove your sdcard, then plug the unit into your computer and enable usb connection. The storage device from the tablet will open on your computer. Just copy the zip file to it, and disconnect from the computer.

On the tablet, go to Settings/About Tablet/Update.

Select it, follow the instructions.
                    Jim
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Lexridge View Post
                      Sure, it is really simple. Remove your sdcard, then plug the unit into your computer and enable usb connection. The storage device from the tablet will open on your computer. Just copy the zip file to it, and disconnect from the computer.

On the tablet, go to Settings/About Tablet/Update.

Select it, follow the instructions.
                      Remove the sdcard from the tablet? Does it come with one? I thought it was opitonal. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.
                      Also the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621831 say to insert sdcard.
                      I haven't got the tablet yet, hopefully this weekend.

What's the worse that can happen if I mess this up?

Comment

Remove the sdcard from the tablet? Does it come with one? I thought it was opitonal. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.
                        Also the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621831 say to insert sdcard.
                        I haven't got the tablet yet, hopefully this weekend.

What's the worse that can happen if I mess this up?
                        Yes, the sdcard is optional, I just wanted you to avoid any confusion if you had bought one and inserted it. Actually, you can leave it in, and just copy the zip file to both, because honestly I cannot remember whether it checks the internal SD or the external SD for the zip file. Once finished with the update, it will delete the zip file from the SD it installed it from, then you can just manually delete it from the other after the market is installed, or just leave it there for a backup.

The worst that can happen? Nothing I can think of. I have done this to four of these units without a single hitch.
                        Jim
                        ---

Comment

Just wanted to let you know I got the tablet. Well actually I got one, but had to return it because the screen was damaged and it wouldn't come on. SO, I got the second one and finally got the Play Store on it. I had to download the file directly to the tablet and install it from there because for some reason when I plugged the tablet into my PC via the USB I got a message no Android Driver Found.
                          I don't know what it meant, because I always plug my Android phone into my PC to transfer pics.

Oh well, it seems to be working ok and I'm still playing with it to figure it all out. I was also able to put the Kindle App on and now all my books are synced between both devices.

I might try uninstalling some of the other apps that came on the tablet like the Soc.io Mall app. I don't like having apps on there that I won't be using. What do you think?

Comment

Just wanted to let you know I got the tablet. Well actually I got one, but had to return it because the screen was damaged and it wouldn't come on. SO, I got the second one and finally got the Play Store on it. I had to download the file directly to the tablet and install it from there because for some reason when I plugged the tablet into my PC via the USB I got a message no Android Driver Found.
                            I don't know what it meant, because I always plug my Android phone into my PC to transfer pics.

Oh well, it seems to be working ok and I'm still playing with it to figure it all out. I was also able to put the Kindle App on and now all my books are synced between both devices.

I might try uninstalling some of the other apps that came on the tablet like the Soc.io Mall app. I don't like having apps on there that I won't be using. What do you think?
                            I think the driver it was wanting was the ADB driver, which you probably do not even need. All you need to do is tap on the clock, then enable USB Connection, and answer Yes. That would have mounted the internal storage and sdcard on your windows pc.

I also remove apps that I dont use. Why not?
                            Jim
                            ---

Comment

resolution

on the sears site it has the max resolution as 1920 x 1080. how do you get that from a 800 x 480 display?

Comment

Originally posted by vgerdj View Post
                                on the sears site it has the max resolution as 1920 x 1080. how do you get that from a 800 x 480 display?

http://www.sears.com/zeki-7inch-capa...52000P?prdNo=2
                                The 800x400 is the max resolution of the tablet's display. However, it's video chipset is capable of outputting 1920x1080 to a HDTV at the same time. It is kinda like having a dual output on a laptop computer. The computer's built in screen may be 1440x900, but plug it into a projector, and it can output 1920x1080.
                                Jim
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X