Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM Download] CS918S Allwinner A31s Quad Core TV BOX New Stock Firmware Release,add TV Launcher and pre-rooted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM Download] CS918S Allwinner A31s Quad Core TV BOX New Stock Firmware Release,add TV Launcher and pre-rooted

Here is the newest stock firmware for the CS918s tv boxes, it is just for the 5.0MP version , not for the 2.0mp. please note.

It comes with a lot of new featuers, remove the built-in chinese app, add TV launcher, and built in XBMC , Netflix. also it come with rooted.

Still, it also come with 720p, and need developer to work on the 1080p firmware.

Here we go:
    Firmware Download Link

Here is the instruction for how to install the stock firmware on cs918s:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11827-How-to-update-firmware-on-CS918S-allwinner-a31s-quad-core-tv-box

Screenshot

Source from: http://blog.geekbuying.com/
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Thanks for sharing

Comment

uinput.ko

Upgraded to this new rom and droidmote stopped working, think something to do with this new rom not having uinput.ko module. Also my bluetooth mouse stopped working but managed to use my other bt mouse which does work, bit strange. The mouse on my google tv remote app stopped working aswell. Will there be another update soon to fix this. Thanks stu

Comment

I update and it works

Comment

new firmware

Originally posted by stookas View Post
          Upgraded to this new rom and droidmote stopped working, think something to do with this new rom not having uinput.ko module. Also my bluetooth mouse stopped working but managed to use my other bt mouse which does work, bit strange. The mouse on my google tv remote app stopped working aswell. Will there be another update soon to fix this. Thanks stu
          hi are u still facing those problems, what do u mean by google TV remote, does it mean that ur IR remote that came with the device, its mouse option doesnt work
          I am sorry I dont know much about all this,
          I am justa housewife

Comment

Originally posted by nida View Post
            hi are u still facing those problems, what do u mean by google TV remote, does it mean that ur IR remote that came with the device, its mouse option doesnt work
            I am sorry I dont know much about all this,
            I am justa housewife
            Yeah, so downgraded to the old firmware. No not the ir remote. The google tv remote app.

Comment

I would like to help you guy's a little, and for that i need some volunteers .

PM me if you feel comfortable in flashing/unbricking.
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Abdul my device from second started showing problem in turning on, takes too many attempts so after some research i came to the decision of firmware update, also icefilms and dailyflx are too laggy unwatchable, so i will try this first than i will tell u, bricking is a huge step iam a little afraid

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Comment

I started a group here everyone can join, and give ideas/opinions.
                  if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                  then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                  $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

is there similar firmware to this for the 2mp version I like the layout of this firmware

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
                      is there similar firmware to this for the 2mp version I like the layout of this firmware
                      Hi
                      there is a new firmware please visit http://yun.baidu.com/s/1eQxd9Xw
                      200W is the firmware for 2MP camera
                      please not this firmware come's without launcher like the 5MP camera firmware
                      however if you don't use or you don't care about the webcam you can load 5MP firmware in your box but you can't use the camera any more,
                      and it work's for me without any problems

Comment

越南语 (Vietnamese) is the latest

Comment

Originally posted by Taajan
                          There are two more after that. Have u tried them?

Sent from my M8HD using Tapatalk
                          I have not been able to successfully download the new files. Acording from what I have read and understand on the mele site, the chinese sites are doing failey poorly because of the goverment request. Hopefully after the chinese holiday, everything will be back to normal.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Taajan
                            Did u try the download manager?

Sent from my M8HD using Tapatalk
                            yes, and it still puked before it got completed. The download manager kept trying, but the Chinese server stopped sending the output. I am trying again today, but I don't have much hope.... I am not sure if they are throttling the speed on purpose or some other problem. Even dial up modem in the 80's were 100 times faster.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post
                              Hi
                              there is a new firmware please visit http://yun.baidu.com/s/1eQxd9Xw
                              200W is the firmware for 2MP camera
                              please not this firmware come's without launcher like the 5MP camera firmware
                              however if you don't use or you don't care about the webcam you can load 5MP firmware in your box but you can't use the camera any more,
                              and it work's for me without any problems
                              how did you load the 5mp version to the 2mp version I tried it and it errors out I don't care about the camera ilike this software better

Comment

Working...
                              X