Telos is freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telos is freezing

Hi my Telos is freezing the all time so i have to unplug the power cord after restart works ok for a minute or two and it freezes again no mather what i do even if i go to playstore it freezes after a while.

Any ideas?

Try to use

(or the stock rom http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...80-v2-0rc3#534)
    at a SD card

and look what will happen (before you reflash it)...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi no spam, it is already with stock rom didnt make any changes.
      Finless rom does works with Telos?

Comment

finless rom does work with telos, i recommend it
        Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
          Hi no spam, it is already with stock rom didnt make any changes.
          Finless rom does works with Telos?
          I talk about "Boot from SD" because this way we can rule out problems at internal eMMC/NAND...
          And you can try different fw versions (to rule out it's a fw problem also maybe bad flashing by the factory)...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Telos is freezing

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            I talk about "Boot from SD" because this way we can rule out problems at internal eMMC/NAND...
            And you can try different fw versions (to rule out it's a fw problem also maybe bad flashing by the factory)...
            Got you tonight will 1st try this to see if is hw fault.

Danke schon
            Greetings from NRW

Comment

Hi
              Boot from sd using Finless Rom 1.1 beta 2:
              got 1 freeze using MX player, after hard reset (power cord) 2 hours no freeze.

Using stock rom telos freezes after ca. 30 minutes with MX player need to hard reset using power cord.

Edit:
              Still using stock rom + app no frills cpu set governor to interactive default settings, running stability test app no CPU freezes till now.
              Last edited by bangsergio; 01-12-2015, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
                Hi
                Boot from sd using Finless Rom 1.1 beta 2:
                got 1 freeze using MX player, after hard reset (power cord) 2 hours no freeze.

Using stock rom telos freezes after ca. 30 minutes with MX player need to hard reset using power cord.

Edit:
                Still using stock rom + app no frills cpu set governor to interactive default settings, running stability test app no CPU freezes till now.
                CPU freezes happens often now so i've contacted guys from GEEKBUYING and they told me to install their last Firmware "Draco AW80 - Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2" so i did.

Nothing changed because i still experiencing freezes sometimes while is booting, i've tried to reset the device using "fn" but nothing happens so i've reset the device under android and twr recovery still the same.

Freezing happens with stock, Bob's and Dovless rom, using setcpu to set governor to interactive seems to help a bit but as soon i go per example to google play store and update 3 or more apps at the same time i get a freeze and i have to pull the cord.

Does someone has more ideas or do i have to sent back my device?

PS: hope the guys from Geek are following this also.

Greetings from Germany

Comment

Because you tried different fw's it's definitely a HW issue...
                  I don't know, if the PSU is the problem or the device (maybe except eMMC/NAND because you also tried boot from SD with the same result)...
                  Anyway, many others have not such problems at the different fw's
                  (sometimes I also hat a freeze, BUT not so often as you at your device...)
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Because you tried different fw's it's definitely a HW issue...
                    I don't know, if the PSU is the problem or the device (maybe except eMMC/NAND because you also tried boot from SD with the same result)...
                    Anyway, many others have not such problems at the different fw's
                    (sometimes I also hat a freeze, BUT not so often as you at your device...)
                    At this time Im dovless rom with setcpu governor interactive and it's been stable for over 1 hour in idle mod, now i've started to install few apps still stable.

Im installing Kodi and copy paste settings to Kodi still stable, open Kodi to set up a few things wait one freeze more.

Pullout cord go to Kodi seems to be stable again.

I really dont understand the all morning getting freezes and for over one hour i get only one.

Im wonder if i can use a apk to stress cpu/ gpu / ram???

PS: I really apreciate your Help.

PPS: Ok i got one more freeze and now it freezes at boot not possible to go to desktop.
                    I could try another PSU if i know wich one to buy, can you help here?

Geekbuying people I hope you are following this.
                    Last edited by bangsergio; 01-13-2015, 13:57.

Comment

The stock one is 12V/2A using 5,5 x 2,1mm plug...

Here you find e.g. 3A (also 4 and 5 A)
                      http://www.****.de/itm/111356647116?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                      Here is another one, but I can't find any information about the plug
                      http://www.****.de/itm/121475862628?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                      :
                      http://www.****.de/sch/i.html?_from=...zteil&_sacat=0

Sometimes it's a problem that the Chinese plugs are a little bit longer (but most doesn't matter)...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

The stock one is 12V/2A using 5,5 x 2,1mm plug...

Here you find e.g. 3A (also 4 and 5 A)
                        http://www.****.de/itm/111356647116?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                        Here is another one, but I can't find any information about the plug
                        http://www.****.de/itm/121475862628?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                        :
                        http://www.****.de/sch/i.html?_from=...zteil&_sacat=0

Sometimes it's a problem that the Chinese plugs are a little bit longer (but most doesn't matter)...
                        hi Non Spam but i have to use one 12V/2A or it can be with more Ampere?
                        Stock PSU says 12V / 2A

Comment

V must be the same and A should be higher
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

V must be the same and A should be higher
                            So they sent me wrong PSU?
                            I've found a PSU from an old notebook with 12V /4.0 Output, connected and box turns on.

What apk can I use to stress CPU/GPU/RAM?

Danke

Edit:
                            I hate this f*** box again Box is freezing after about 2 hours using the 12V / 4.0 A PSU, im afraid i've to sent back the box.

Can you tell me how to proceed now.
                            Last edited by bangsergio; 01-13-2015, 16:20.

Comment

"All Customers should contact our Customer Service Department for RMA before returning items"

I would say it's definitely DOA becuase you have the issues from the beginning...
                              If they don't react at Geekbuying.com , you should contact them here at the board.
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                              X