This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
    basically, yes. no_spam_for_me found this, read more: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Test-Scenario
    better ask him if you have futher questions.
    you are right, 1800 is not really overclocked. what i meant was, i can not even set it to 1800, it always reverts to 1600 but that doesn´t seem to matter now.
    It's clear now, thanks; that's correct max normal frequency for A80 CPU it's 1800 Mhz (1.8 Ghz), but under the current device or kernel status can not sustain that frequency, which make seems that max normal it's 1.6 Ghz, but that is under max normal specification.

Comment

the only thing that does not work is waking up the device by remote control when powered off.
      if somebody knows a fix, please tell me.
      i found how to fix it!
      i updated the remote fix in the post above. if you use it, please report back if it worked for you.

this replaces an additional file, the script.bin on the bootloader partition. i didn´t know the right permissions, so i just set it to 777 root/root for now.
      i will change it if somebody can tell me the right values.

finally, power on by remote works!

Comment

Back to topic:
        After running the rom for a few days, i can tell that it is not stable.
        I had many "soft reboots". Box freezes and gear animation appears, takes a few seconds to get back to the desktop.
        Reinstalled 3 times with same result.

Comment

Back to topic:
          After running the rom for a few days, i can tell that it is not stable.
          I had many "soft reboots". Box freezes and gear animation appears, takes a few seconds to get back to the desktop.
          Reinstalled 3 times with same result.
          Dear Boxx,

Thank you for the tests and reporting.
          Will try to find cause and post an corrected version soon.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Guys, I don't know why you ignores my stress test thread, but if you have a look at it, you will find out, that 1800 at idle isn't a problem, but at that moment the SoC is in use, the temp rises immediately a value where the first throttle step acts to throttle it down to 1600...
            (and I think that's the reason why at your screen-shoot the SoC was ~1 min at 1800 and ~7 min at 1600)
            Dear no_spam,

Sorry I had not really paid attention to this issue until you pointed it out.
            Heat indeed seems to be another issue plaguing this device...

Comment

I had no more soft reboot since i removed rhe "kernel" scrpt in the init.d folder. I will report if it should happen again.

Comment

Test build

draco_aw80_dovless_1.18.img
                https://mega.nz/#!o9BRVbja!vqsVef9WhcbMZ3FQM63sYT6AA6tyQFYb6MANwHU DpKE

Comment

Now that's a cool option we are able to load the apps we want to be installed pre install to sd card if I understand that correctly? That process would be so sweet to have just tried the boot from sd and that impressed me. With ubuntu sd card and progress with just these few roms I am loving this box a ready. .....
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Re: [ROM] DOVLESS - 1.13 - (12.02.2015) - based on Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2

hi there,
                    In this new rom 1.18 click is not heard no keyboard. It can somehow turn this click (noise) from somewhere? are used to it . thank you
                    sorry for my english

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
                    TronsmartDracoTelos - Firmware custom: dowless1.9
                    Ugoos UT3 - Firmware oficial v2.0.4

Comment

Originally posted by drukeru View Post
                      hi there,
                      In this new rom 1.18 click is not heard no keyboard. It can somehow turn this click (noise) from somewhere? are used to it . thank you
                      flash the attached zip with twrp to enable the click again.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        Now that's a cool option we are able to load the apps we want to be installed pre install to sd card if I understand that correctly? That process would be so sweet to have just tried the boot from sd and that impressed me. With ubuntu sd card and progress with just these few roms I am loving this box a ready. .....
                        ==================
                        USBKEY root directory structure for automated restoring/installation
                        ==================

0) this rom can make use of a USB key to restore you prefs and install any provided apk
                        1) prepare your USB key with desired files, following this naming/structure convention:

USB KEY ROOT FOLDER:

• data.tar
                          • can be created with the provided script backup_restore_scripts.zip
                          • import and then run data_backup.sh using rom toolbox, and with your USB key plugged in.
                          • (edit data.tar (the raw backup made by data_backup.sh) to only contain desired folders) (useful for XBMC/KODI/TVMC/SPMC add-ons and settings restore)

• /preinstall/mynamedoesnotmatter.apk
                        • /preinstall/anynameaswell.apk
                        • /preinstall/etc....apk
                          • put all the apk you want to have installed during 1st boot

• /settings/com.android.settings_preferences.xml
                        • /settings/accounts.db
                        • /settings/wpa_supplicant.conf

WHERE:
                        "data.tar" is your backup TAR file of "/sdcard/Android/data/" application folders (XBMC/KODI for example), can be created with the provided script backup_restore_scripts.zip
                        "preinstall" folder contains the APKs you would like to have installed on 1st boot
                        "settings" folder contains your desired preferences files (UI, accounts & Wifi are supported at the moment, see above naming requirements)

Comment

Sorry just want to know how i save the file structure to be seen as the ( KEY)
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Re: [ROM] DOVLESS - 1.13 - (12.02.2015) - based on Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2

flash the attached zip with twrp to enable the click again.
                            Thank you very much.

Sent from my Ugoos UT3 using Tapatalk
                            TronsmartDracoTelos - Firmware custom: dowless1.9
                            ************************************************** ******
                            Ugoos UT3 - Firmware oficial v2.0.4

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              Sorry just want to know how i save the file structure to be seen as the ( KEY)
                              Just create a folder at the root of your USB key, name it "preinstall"

and drop all your apks in there.

After a flash, on 1st boot, a script will look for them and install what is found in your "preinstall" folder

Comment

Hello everyone

I have just purchased the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos from GeekBuying. I understand that these custom firmware ROMS improve over the original firmware that come with the device.

However, trying to read through all of this and trying to understand what is going on is a little overwhelming for someone who has never owned an Android product or has dealt with any of this.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge and experience in the matter. Do you guys know of any videos that show the process of installing this ROM or can guide me on where to start learning this so that I can setup my Android STB?

Thank you very much for your time and help

Comment

Working...
                                X