No announcement yet.

SDK 3.0 link and download – for people who want to continue development of AW80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, maybe i give the box another try but i need a spare part.
    can somebody help me to identify and source the damaged component. it's one of those guys with the dot and the big "B" on it. See the broken one?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Boxx; 09-05-2016, 17:25.

Comment

Sir if you can make this infernal machine work as it was supposed too I'll send you mine to play with! Pm me if your interested. All I want it too do is play 1080p 60fps files streamed over network storage or even thru YouTube.

Comment

thanks for the offer but no. i can compile android and modify a bit here and there but i'm not a developer. if i can repair it, i will waste some more time on it. if not...
        don't expect anything from this device.
        in my opinion, the soc needs active cooling. mine never really runs at full speed when an application is running. it gets constantly throttled because of the heat the soc produces. i have experimented with alternative cooling solutions and broke the component by accident. the heatsink and the big thermalpad they use are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
          thanks for the offer but no. i can compile android and modify a bit here and there but i'm not a developer. if i can repair it, i will waste some more time on it. if not...
          don't expect anything from this device.
          in my opinion, the soc needs active cooling. mine never really runs at full speed when an application is running. it gets constantly throttled because of the heat the soc produces. i have experimented with alternative cooling solutions and broke the component by accident. the heatsink and the big thermalpad they use are crap.
          Mine is still in "working" order, I currently have it connected in the living room, It's performance is really odd to me... I often can't tell if it's a hardware issue or a software issue but either way it kinda pisses me off... I guess it will do for now until the Shield TV 2 comes out and then I can move my Shield TV out to the living room and more that thing to a Christmas present for someone on my naughty list... lol

I tried Moonlight (Nvidia game streaming for non Shield Android devices) on it and wow I think it almost fried something.... I was getting weird one inch long lines of colored bars if I tried to stream a PC game but it looked fine on emulation... Just sluggish as all hell, and so I uninstalled that.

The kicker to all this, I have an Onda v989 with the exact same SoC and I experience none of these issues on it... Everything works so much better on that tablet than this box... It feels fast, it plays 3D games even things like Walking Dead play fine on it. I use it literally every day to surf the web and watch video's before I go to sleep at night. I for sure would like a newer Android version (the 5.0 for it is so damned buggy I went back to 4.4.2 and it works great.)

On the Onda v989 I can even use that Moonlight program and it's a lot of fun playing The Witcher III on my tablet in bed lol

Comment

Working...
          X