X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
    Pass through must be supported by the hardware as a "transport" mechanism only.
    :
    So the reason we are only seeing XBMC performing passthrough today is because it is the only app that people have tested that can do the software decode and pass that through to the hardware.
    :
    remember you decode then pass through. Decoding must be supported in the either hardware or ROM/APP. And pass through must be supported VIA the hardware, ROM and APP.
    Generally good explanation, but I'm a little bit confused by this last two point...
    Because at pass-through the receiver have to do the decoding and the software only have to know to do pass-through (and maybe how to do)...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    Thanks, but stock kernel doesn't support nfs... i have already get a try, and i had an error ... no such device. No more chance to load a ko module, i forgot error message returned.

I think i have to wait for a custom kernel
    Only for minix (I think you use e.g. wasser kernel)
    not for aml at the moment

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    @reddragon ... Thx for precisions.
    I wish Mx player devs fix passthrough after software decoding

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    If the nfs-support is build into the kernel, you can use this initd-script
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # *************
    # * NFS mount *
    # *************
    # copy to /system/etc/init.d
    # change permisions to "755" "rwx r-x r-x"
    # reboot
    # -------------------
    # using this -> cmd-install-NFS.cmd <-
    # adb remount -oremount,rw /
    # adb push 05nfs /system/etc/init.d
    # adb shell chmod 0755 /system/etc/init.d/05nfs
    # adb remount -oremount,ro /
    # adb shell ls -al /system/etc/init.d/
    # adb reboot
    # pause
    # -------------------
    while [ ""`getprop dev.bootcomplete` != "1" ] ; do sleep 1; done
    mount -o rw,remount /
    mkdir /mnt/XPFilme
    mount -o ro,remount /
    sleep 2
    busybox mount -t nfs 192.168.2.1:/XPFilme /mnt/XPFilme -o ro,intr,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
    # done
    but you have to change the mount-name and IP to yours, and if not build into the kernel you have also to load the ko inside the script...
    Thanks, but stock kernel doesn't support nfs... i have already get a try, and i had an error ... no such device. No more chance to load a ko module, i forgot error message returned.

I think i have to wait for a custom kernel

Leave a comment:

• reddragon72
    replied
    No_spam did a great job of explaining what I explained before.

Decoding and pass through are two separate items.

Pass through must be supported by the hardware as a "transport" mechanism only.

Software decoding within an application must be supported by the app and the app must have it's own software codec and know how to call it. MX player had to drop DTS support due to a licensing agreement but you can find a work around all over the place.

Hardware decoding is where the actual firmware within the SOC has a "standards" based codec. This does not mean every application can use it. The application must know how to call the codec to do the decoding. in this case MX player knows how to do that, but it is still lacking the ability to call the pass through.

So the reason we are only seeing XBMC performing passthrough today is because it is the only app that people have tested that can do the software decode and pass that through to the hardware.

remember that we are in an area of Android that has been in a state of hold for a long time. No media player creator is putting time and effort into multi-channel decoding and pass through handling because there is simply not a stable market for it. XBMC is all about that and it primarily designed with all that in mind as it is not meant for phones with one maybe two speakers.

And to reference the difference between software and hardware decoding SW decoding can use several sources for codecs but all of them must adhere to the standard or run the risk of not decoding properly. HW decoding guarantee's that if you encode it with the standard that it will play flawlessly. Remember that a secondary codec MUST following the guidelines or run the risk of loosing end users and possibly being sued by the codec owner.

remember you decode then pass through. Decoding must be supported in the either hardware or ROM/APP. And pass through must be supported VIA the hardware, ROM and APP.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    So for my x5 or x7 devises, i mount nfs folder with busybox command because kernel permit that.
    If the nfs-support is build into the kernel, you can use this initd-script
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # *************
    # * NFS mount *
    # *************
    # copy to /system/etc/init.d
    # change permisions to "755" "rwx r-x r-x"
    # reboot
    # -------------------
    # using this -> cmd-install-NFS.cmd <-
    # adb remount -oremount,rw /
    # adb push 05nfs /system/etc/init.d
    # adb shell chmod 0755 /system/etc/init.d/05nfs
    # adb remount -oremount,ro /
    # adb shell ls -al /system/etc/init.d/
    # adb reboot
    # pause
    # -------------------
    while [ ""`getprop dev.bootcomplete` != "1" ] ; do sleep 1; done
    mount -o rw,remount /
    mkdir /mnt/XPFilme
    mount -o ro,remount /
    sleep 2
    busybox mount -t nfs 192.168.2.1:/XPFilme /mnt/XPFilme -o ro,intr,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
    # done
    but you have to change the mount-name and IP to yours, and if not build into the kernel you have also to load the ko inside the script...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    At the rk3188 I only use the XBMC as media-player, not more and not less... XBMC instead of the MX because of the audio normalisation (Volume Amplification (Dynamic Range Compression))

and that's what I'm missing at MX...

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    BTW:
    Because I'm waiting for my -H, I'm not the crack at XBMC and at rk3188 I can use kernel which supports NFS (mounting by initd script), if your nas also use NFS, how to you handle it at XBMC (maybe without cashing, maybe as a mount)?
    As you i have a Nas (syno for me), and nfs is a vital (lol) feature... So for my x5 or x7 devises, i mount nfs folder with busybox command because kernel permit that. In fact, i m not a xbmc fan, i use Mizuu app with mx player... More user friendly IMO... BUT no nfs mounting with s802 device for now, so you can use XBMC last Gotham to mount NFS folder NAS (only for xbmc) very easily, and it s muchhhhh faster than poor smb protocol. You can find this native xbmc function in mapping videos folder, with smb, upnp, ...

For now, xbmc permit dts / 5.1 passthrough AND nfs protocol... Perfect combo, but i miss Mizuu with nfs folder mounted.

In truth, my vegas s89 is still in test... Not in production

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    ... from my NAS movies played ...
    BTW:
    Because I'm waiting for my -H, I'm not the crack at XBMC and at rk3188 I can use kernel which supports NFS (mounting by initd script), if your nas also use NFS, how to you handle it at XBMC (maybe without cashing, maybe as a mount)?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    For now, mx player passthrough doesn't work with s802. I hope mx dev will develop tricks like xmbc to do that.
    I'm not really sure what XBMC do to passthrough (I read somethink about SW passthrough but maybe it only means the rockchip devices) and I don't know if you use the correct settings

(I think he means at KK) but if you use them and mx player passthrough also doesn't work, then the mx devs have to implement it in some of there next releases (SoC to new)...

1.) About soft/hard decoding, results is same... I can hear ac3/dts audio from my NAS movies played with xbmc. No?
    2.) Only thing, is about specific videos software like Netflix, ... No hardware decoding will be a problem, i presume.
    1.) Yes (but I think XBMC never will support HW) and 2.) I also think yes...
    BTW:
    The benefit of SW decoding against HW is, that the SW maybe more tolerant at only near standard samples, because HW is HW and not changeable...

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    pass-through or downsizing/downgrading to stereo?
    For downsizing/downgrading to stereo you have to use the codecs from XDA...

DTS/AC3 software decoding NOT like DTS/AC3 hardware decoding!
    DTS/AC3 software decoding use the 'generell' part of the SoC with a spezial codec at the app...
    DTS/AC3 hardware decoding use a 'spezial' part of the SoC without a spezial codec at the app but the app must know, how to use this 'spezial' part of the SoC...
    Passthrough.... I know xda codecs to plays dts/ac3 sounds. For now, mx player passthrough doesn't work with s802. I hope mx dev will develop tricks like xmbc to do that.

About soft/hard decoding, results is same... I can hear ac3/dts audio from my NAS movies played with xbmc. No?
    Only thing, is about specific videos software like Netflix, ... No hardware decoding will be a problem, i presume.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    For now with S802, only MX Player passthrough is missing....
    pass-through or downsizing/downgrading to stereo?
    For downsizing/downgrading to stereo you have to use the codecs from XDA...

DTS/AC3 software decoding = DTS/AC3 hardware decoding
    DTS/AC3 software decoding NOT like DTS/AC3 hardware decoding!
    DTS/AC3 software decoding use the 'generell' part of the SoC with a spezial codec at the app...
    DTS/AC3 hardware decoding use a 'spezial' part of the SoC without a spezial codec at the app but the app must know, how to use this 'spezial' part of the SoC...

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Maybe dreams can be true... But I'm nearly sure this dream will never get true...
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post175277
    Indeed, i search about s802-h pictures, i have seen cpu s802 with H printed.
    So 2 differents CPU for sure, but we will see how it works with first device soon.

For now with S802, only MX Player passthrough is missing.... (DTS/AC3 software decoding = DTS/AC3 hardware decoding IMO)

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Maybe there is only one CPU S802.... S802-h is just about licensing, and it's activate with a software trick..
    Maybe dreams can be true... But I'm nearly sure this dream will never get true...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by nictus34 View Post
    Chip is not marked as 802-h but seller told that it supports Dolby and DTS HD HDMI pass through.
    That' true, but every s802 do pass through... the s802-h also do DD/DTS hardware decoding...
    (two totally different thinks) http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post170672

The pictures I've seen, there is the SoC printed with S802-H if it is a -H...

I think geekbuying will be the first dealer next week with the S802-H (maybe like the first 16GB/5GHz bulk he also completely ordered)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X