Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopichandpai
    replied
    Thanks. I have read FAQs. I was wondering if anyone has tested if Netflix is giving 5.1. Considering that software decoding is required to decode 5.1 in S802 chip, I doubt if Netflix will give 5.1 but wanted to know will it result in no sound or 5.1 will downgrade to PCM in such cases.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
    Can some one check if Netflix is giving full HD on this device? Also, would love to know about 5.1 sound as well.
    Read the FAQ in my signature for 5.1. Short answer: only xbmc support 5.1

Sent from my Nexus7, apologies for any typos.

Leave a comment:

• gopichandpai
    replied
    Can some one check if Netflix is giving full HD on this device? Also, would love to know about 5.1 sound as well.

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    There is very detailed instructions in the readme text file that is included inside the zip file you download for finless 1.2 (or finless root if you have m8). Step by step you can't go wrong.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
    I don not understand fully how to install these stuff... My bad!

If you guys could give more detailed information, it'd be nice...

Thank you!
    There is very detailed instructions in the readme text file that is included inside the zip file you download for finless 1.2 (or finless root if you have m8). Step by step you can't go wrong.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    Originally posted by dave220 View Post
    I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire. ....
    I don not understand fully how to install these stuff... My bad!

If you guys could give more detailed information, it'd be nice...

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• HelpMePlz
    replied
    Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje
    Anyone tried running any 4K demos after using this?
    Does Youtube have some 4K sample material?

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

Yeah. Thats what my worst fears are.
    Sounds like it if nothing else works!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Perhaps the Ethernet is faulty hardware? Seems to be working for everyone else.
    Yeah. Thats what my worst fears are.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire.

It is working nicely with amcodec and libstagefright turned on. No audio/video sync issue. No chopping. Smooth video. (Thanks to noderat for urging me to test this )

I am loving this box. But the only problem for me is the Ethernet connection. It still does not work. I am working with geekbuying (Eric) on this. He is helping me with tips. I have tried many but we have not been able to fix it yet. Lets hope we can get to this.

I checked dmesg today. But there is absolutely no entry related to networking when I try to connect ethernet.

Also "busybox ifconfig" does not show eth0. Trying "busybox ifconfig eth0 up" gives an error: "SIGXXXXX: I/O Error". I cannot remember the exact SIG.... error.

If the ethernet is fixed, then this will be an awesome box for me.
    Perhaps the Ethernet is faulty hardware? Seems to be working for everyone else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mheel
    replied
    Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    I bought the one below and it says it supports H.264 decoding but in xbmc is a different story. If I try to play a video with just Media codec enabled my xbmc crashes everytime. I can play videos with just libstagefright decoder enabled by itself but the video is too choppy and seems the same as when I enable software decoding. If I enable amcodec, libstagefright, mediacodec or amcodec by itself then every video is blank but the sound plays fine. I've tried xbmc 13 beta 1 and 2 and also tried the Gbox xbmc 12 but same problem.

http://www.hkhanlin.en.alibaba.com/p...re_tv_box.html
    Did you buy one from this seller it says 10 pieces minimum?
    How much did you pay?
    kind regards Magnus

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire.

It is working nicely with amcodec and libstagefright turned on. No audio/video sync issue. No chopping. Smooth video. (Thanks to noderat for urging me to test this )

I am loving this box. But the only problem for me is the Ethernet connection. It still does not work. I am working with geekbuying (Eric) on this. He is helping me with tips. I have tried many but we have not been able to fix it yet. Lets hope we can get to this.

I checked dmesg today. But there is absolutely no entry related to networking when I try to connect ethernet.

Also "busybox ifconfig" does not show eth0. Trying "busybox ifconfig eth0 up" gives an error: "SIGXXXXX: I/O Error". I cannot remember the exact SIG.... error.

If the ethernet is fixed, then this will be an awesome box for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    Finless root kit for s89 worked like a charm.

Stock xbmc from firmware is still broken after reinstall.

Finless xbmc for s89 and officals are audio only unless libfright is used. Yes root was granted.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    My bet is the root kit I made for the S89 will work on this M8 ROM!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    I'll make sure to do that or jump back to the 4/10/14 build that was pre root.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X