X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rlaursen
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    You have a s802. The others have not been released from AML yet for public consumption. Try the xbmc build finless just posted and see if that fixes your playback issues.

Sent from my Nexus7, apologies for any typos.

Ok so finless xbmc didn't make any difference.. so I tried to flash with his tronsmart rom and now when I boot up it shows the first amlogic quad core logo and then stays on a black slighty flickering screen. At first I tried to update using the toothpick method by holding down the hidden AV reset button but nothing was happening, it would just show the first logo and go to the black flickering screen. I re-read the read me and updated through the updater app which recognized the firmware and rebooted my box. It showed the first logo and stayed at the slightly flickering black screen. I tried using toothpick method again and it stays at this black screen no matter what I do. I tried 10 times and held the button for over a minute. The screen is on and getting a signal but its just black.. I cant get to the usual recovery screen no matter what I try. Now I cant even bootup anymore and cant get to the recovery screen to reflash the stock rom.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    I have renamed this thread to be more on topic.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    You have a s802. The others have not been released from AML yet for public consumption. Try the xbmc build finless just posted and see if that fixes your playback issues.

Sent from my Nexus7, apologies for any typos.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    That's strange, I would try flashing the Tronsmart Vega 16gb ROM but you may want to get a second opinion first as I'm not sure if it would brick (doubt it as bootloader seems reliable)

Edit: Download the xbmc that finless just posted and try that build before you do anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Are you sure this would be ok? I mean they are similar devices but i'm afraid some things might not work like wifi and stuff and from what I read there are 3 different s802 chip versions and we dont know whats in each box. Anybody else have an opinion about whether its safe to flash it or not?

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    That's strange, I would try flashing the Tronsmart Vega 16gb ROM but you may want to get a second opinion first as I'm not sure if it would brick (doubt it as bootloader seems reliable)

Edit: Download the xbmc that finless just posted and try that build before you do anything else.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    I can confirm am-h264 decoder in xbmc does work (audio offset issues aside) and you can still use mediacodec and libstagefright before going software decoding.

Oh and mashup is h.264 encoded videos, nothing special about them. What exact box are you using? This thread is poorly labeled as its more of a general s802 discussion.

I bought the one below and it says it supports H.264 decoding but in xbmc is a different story. If I try to play a video with just Media codec enabled my xbmc crashes everytime. I can play videos with just libstagefright decoder enabled by itself but the video is too choppy and seems the same as when I enable software decoding. If I enable amcodec, libstagefright, mediacodec or amcodec by itself then every video is blank but the sound plays fine. I've tried xbmc 13 beta 1 and 2 and also tried the Gbox xbmc 12 but same problem.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    Just got this box after using an MX2 for a while but that box was just too slow for the skin i wanted to run. Its fast but a major problem with it is that the hardware decoding does not work in xbmc when trying to view any video from mashup and other addons. It only works when disabling the amcodec in xbmc settings but then it uses software decoding and the video is way too choppy. I read that this new amlogic chip doesnt support H.264/H.265 video format hardware decoding which is the format mashup and other addons use(i think) If it doesn't support it, is this something that can be fixed through firmware or am I just SOL and it can't be fixed? It really makes no sense for them to release a box based off the MX2 that cant support the same video formats that the other one did. Please let me know if I have to return this box or not.
    I can confirm am-h264 decoder in xbmc does work (audio offset issues aside) and you can still use mediacodec and libstagefright before going software decoding.

Oh and mashup is h.264 encoded videos, nothing special about them. What exact box are you using? This thread is poorly labeled as its more of a general s802 discussion.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    M8 hardware decoding not working with addons in xbmc

Just got this box after using an MX2 for a while but that box was just too slow for the skin i wanted to run. Its fast but a major problem with it is that the hardware decoding does not work in xbmc when trying to view any video from mashup and other addons. It only works when disabling the amcodec in xbmc settings but then it uses software decoding and the video is way too choppy. I read that this new amlogic chip doesnt support H.264/H.265 video format hardware decoding which is the format mashup and other addons use(i think) If it doesn't support it, is this something that can be fixed through firmware or am I just SOL and it can't be fixed? It really makes no sense for them to release a box based off the MX2 that cant support the same video formats that the other one did. Please let me know if I have to return this box or not.

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Any sort of other ROM other than the Tronsmart one would be good at the moment.Its so buggy!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mini__me
    replied
    EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Is the Beelink any different from the Tronsmart? See post #392 in this thread by Javimetal.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Is there an M8 ROM download available? Or maybe some other s802 ROMs?

I would like to poke at others not made by Tronsmart (or whatever China house they use). I honestly don't like Tronsmarts ROM work based on past examples....

This is all new so having other examples of implementation is helpful!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by HelpMePlz View Post
    The video sync issue seems pretty big.
    I thought this was the most powerfull Android Box released so far.

Does the sync issue only occur with 720p & above content or on 480p as well?
    480 is included in issue. It's just a software issue though I'm sure koying will be able to help fix it.

Leave a comment:

• HelpMePlz
    replied
    Originally posted by sush40 View Post
    So far these are the issues I have read about the S89:

- S802 doesn't support DD/DTS hardware decoding (but works in XBMC)
    - problems with paid apps
    - Ethernet issues
    - some videos play audio out of sync
    The video sync issue seems pretty big.
    I thought this was the most powerfull Android Box released so far.

Does the sync issue only occur with 720p & above content or on 480p as well?

Leave a comment:

• K41Box
    replied
    I delayed 0.5sec in a video and it fixed it, then I applied those changes as default in the sound OSD menu.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    I will try it out tomorrow again.... but it surely looks more than 0.5 sec to fast to me..

KG

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by K41Box View Post
    When i use XBMC..it is out off sync from thebeginning , to adjust the sync in the audio menu did not have any effect at all..It could be the Gotham version no idea , any body else has the same experience ?

KG
    I delayed 0.5sec in a video and it fixed it, then I applied those changes as default in the sound OSD menu.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X