Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noderat
    replied
    Gotham nightly has no sync issue! 5.1 passthrough works great but playing DTS kills stereo output until xbmc has been restarted.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    Don't use libstagefright you have the AMLogic decoder, it's more reliable.

With amlogic I am having no video and only audio. How did your tests go with streaming videos with the gotham nightly ?

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
    Cool. Beta3 is having similar issue as stock XBMC. audio/video sync on libstagefright after few minutes. I have been testing streaming though all the way. I will try a local media though.
    Don't use libstagefright you have the AMLogic decoder, it's more reliable.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Deleted request, not important anymore.

Android can not support TrueHD as you can't send lossless 7.1 through 2ch PCM.

5.1 is as good as it's gonna get.

Last edited by noderat; 04-16-2014, 09:04.

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    It's working perfectly so far, no audio sync issues yet either. But I still need to do a little bit more testing before I can say the problem is completely gone. I have tested 4 different videos with different audio/video codecs no issues. I'm going to try streaming now.

Cool. Beta3 is having similar issue as stock XBMC. audio/video sync on libstagefright after few minutes. I have been testing streaming though all the way. I will try a local media though.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

So you are using latest nightly. I am trying the beta 3 right now. Is hardware accel working on it ?
    It's working perfectly so far, no audio sync issues yet either. But I still need to do a little bit more testing before I can say the problem is completely gone. I have tested 4 different videos with different audio/video codecs no issues. I'm going to try streaming now.

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    If they work great, please bring up video info during playback (press O on keyboard) and tell me what codec its running. (Or PM a screenshot)

EDIT: Just discovered that passthrough does work on latest nightly.

So you are using latest nightly. I am trying the beta 3 right now. Is hardware accel working on it ?

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    If they work great, please bring up video info during playback (press O on keyboard) and tell me what codec its running. (Or PM a screenshot)

EDIT: Just discovered that passthrough does work on latest nightly.

Leave a comment:

• nutzu
    replied
    Hi,

I can get very good video playing with the XBMC for OUYA 12.3.2 . I looked up the Fire tv forum in xbmc forum. They have got XBMC for Ouya, SPMC and a test build for Gotham working nicely. I tried the "XBMC for Ouya" and it is working nicely till now. I will test more and let you know.
    mine pays ok with the one that Finless pot it but I will try the OUYA too.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Hi,

I can get very good video playing with the XBMC for OUYA 12.3.2 . I looked up the Fire tv forum in xbmc forum. They have got XBMC for Ouya, SPMC and a test build for Gotham working nicely. I tried the "XBMC for Ouya" and it is working nicely till now. I will test more and let you know.
    You don't need SPMC or it's previous XBMC for Ouya name. Those AFAIK do not have am-h265 decoder built in. These AMLogic SoCs are DIRECTLY supported by the xbmc team. Use the XBMC finless posted (14.0alpha1 which is really just a relabeled nightly with tweaks for our hardware) or latest Gotham for the best decoding possible.

Leave a comment:

• Dyoung
    replied
    Just got one of the square M8 units in. Too late tonight to try anything but I'm not interested in xbmc etc, just running a game engine Will post with any interesting tidbits vs my favorite gk525 units

Leave a comment:

• dave220
    replied
    XBMC for OUYA

Hi,

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Not recovery, you want the bootloader. There is no visual for the bootloader.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    Try a different USB cable. Then do it again but disconnect anything nonessential. That means HDMI you don't need video to flash.

tried it with just the power cord and still nothing. If I can't get to recovery screen then I am pretty much screwed aren't I? This also means it never had recovery boot options because i was never able to get to it even before updating right? Btw, there is no micro-usb port to connect a laptop to it to flash. Any other suggestions before I try to return it?

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    Ok so finless xbmc didn't make any difference.. so I tried to flash with his tronsmart rom and now when I boot up it shows the first amlogic quad core logo and then stays on a black slighty flickering screen. At first I tried to update using the toothpick method by holding down the hidden AV reset button but nothing was happening, it would just show the first logo and go to the black flickering screen. I re-read the read me and updated through the updater app which recognized the firmware and rebooted my box. It showed the first logo and stayed at the slightly flickering black screen. I tried using toothpick method again and it stays at this black screen no matter what I do. I tried 10 times and held the button for over a minute. The screen is on and getting a signal but its just black.. I cant get to the usual recovery screen no matter what I try. Now I cant even bootup anymore and cant get to the recovery screen to reflash the stock rom.
    Try a different USB cable. Then do it again but disconnect anything nonessential. That means HDMI you don't need video to flash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X