• Show
Clear All

I did some more testing

Video format: h264, 720p, aac

Online streaming local file
    Gotham nightly: audio/video out of sync runs fine
    Test build for : runs fine runs fine
    Fire Tv

For both only libstagefright works. Turning on amlogic or Mediacodec breaks video.
    Test build is found in the xbmc hardware forum, thread Amazon Fire TV.

I will try 1080p video next with the test build.

Let me know if anyone wants any more info.
    Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

@userofthenet

Thanks for passing that. It looks like date is newer then the one on my google drive.

**Never mind i have the same one. Its bad fw and xbmc with it is no good. I have not tested finless xbmc builds or others that are talked about hear yet.
      Last edited by Tech; 04-17-2014, 03:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
        @userofthenet

Thanks for passing that. It looks like date is newer then the one on my google drive.
        I haven't really tested any of them myself as I am still waiting for my box to arrive. I hope someone will post their review for the square box.

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
          I did some more testing

Fire Tv

For both only libstagefright works. Turning on amlogic or Mediacodec breaks video.

Interesting, amlogic decoder works perfectly for me. I'm testing 1080p DTS 5.1 pacific rim right now and I have 0 issues with Tronsmart Vega s89 standard with finless 1.2

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

I did some more testing

Fire Tv

Can you please PM me with screen shots of decoding info (press o) as well as upload your xbmc.log with debug turned on in settings with FFMPEG detailed debugging?

This is a m8 unit not a s89, right?

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

This is a s89 device. I will send the screenshot, log. How do I turn on FFMPEG debugging ? I need to get a 1080 DTS 5.1 file first.

The nightly works fine on local files but not on streaming files. The FireTV test build works nice on both.

I will first try to flash Finless Rom then test these. Maybe that will make it better. I also have the ethernet not working.

Originally posted by noderat View Post
              Can you please PM me with screen shots of decoding info (press o) as well as upload your xbmc.log with debug turned on in settings with FFMPEG detailed debugging?

This is a m8 unit not a s89, right?

Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

This is a s89 device. I will send the screenshot, log. How do I turn on FFMPEG debugging ? I need to get a 1080 DTS 5.1 file first.
                Settings - System - Debugging - Verbose logging - select FFMPEG and AUDIO component. But do the OSD screenshot first as debugging overlaps.

Comment

Okay, looks like 4/15 nightly is skipping. I was using 4/10 nightly without audio issues.

Edit: easily fixed, change a/v sync method to drop/dupe.

Comment

I did some more testing

Fire Tv

Do you have the black square M8 box? I am having that same exact issue. I get no video when using the amlogic decoder in xbmc when trying to stream H.264 video files in mashup. Libstagefright works but is just as bad as using software decoder.

Comment

I have the Square unit and confirm xbmc is not great but hope to test some more builds.

your lucky it works on your TV's It only works on my kids Hitachi. Panasonic, Sharp are not working via HDMI only AV

Comment

Okay, it's confirmed. The Tronsmart unit and likely the M8 REQUIRE root privileges for audio/video sync as well as aspect ratio control. Please root your boxes and report back if your xbmc experience has improved.

Comment

I have the Square unit and confirm xbmc is not great but hope to test some more builds.

your lucky it works on your TV's It only works on my kids Hitachi. Panasonic, Sharp are not working via HDMI only AV
                          From working TV, change setting from auto detect resolution to 720p and try the other TVs. It could be refresh rate or resolution. Some tvs do report inaccurate sink info.

Comment

it works on my samsung plasma but it randomly flickers.. like the display signal drops for a second and reconnects. I had it connected to my Mitsubishi projector but it actually forced the projector to emergency shutdown twice. Its actually not working at all now cause I flashed it with the tronsmart rom which apparently does not work with the M8. I am downloading the stock M8 rom now which will hopefully let me get it back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
                              it works on my samsung plasma but it randomly flickers.. like the display signal drops for a second and reconnects. I had it connected to my Mitsubishi projector but it actually forced the projector to emergency shutdown twice. Its actually not working at all now cause I flashed it with the tronsmart rom which apparently does not work with the M8. I am downloading the stock M8 rom now which will hopefully let me get it back up and running.
                              So far I'm not very impressed with what I'm hearing about the m8 which is a shame as I like it's form factor.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                                So far I'm not very impressed with what I'm hearing about the m8 which is a shame as I like it's form factor.

I'm hoping all of these issues are related to a buggy rom. I sent finless the DL link for the stock M8 rom so hopefully he can figure out what is wrong and release a stable version

Comment

Working...
                                X