No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javimetal, any chance Beelink release kernel source code with proper customer files? They should be GPL complaint I guess.... And usually, the generic amlogic kernel source is not enough

Comment

FWIW

For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        The tronsmart vega S89 is not used the S802-H, it is S802, but it use XBMC to do the software decoding. so you still can get DTS and dolby via XBMC. and about passthrough test, check here
        HI Guys: We get the first bulk of Tronsmart vega s89 in stock,and finish this passthrough review. Here is my test device: 1 Tronsmart vega s89 quad core tv box; 2 Yamaha RX-375 5.1 Receiver 3 Yamaha NS-P40 Speaker I test different 1080p mkv, ts format local video file, and use built-in XBMC to play […]

i have heared tronsmart will release a new model of S89 which use the S802-H.

the only difference should be s802-h chip will support hardware decoding dolby/dts video. while S802 just can do via software decoding.

Eric
        This^^^^

Oh and it seems that different XBMC releases cause the sound issue on HDMI so it might be an XBMC issue.... might be...

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
          For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.
          Looking forward to your review.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello all! The version of XBMC wich comes with the Tronsmart vega S89 doesnt come with the XBMC 14 alpha? If so it could be because of the alpha version! If i am right does it has better performance with the XBMC 12?

Comment

12 will not have hardware decoding. 13 (Gotham) is in beta right now and should work great. 14 is non-existent they just renamed it from 13-betaX to 14

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
              Last edited by noderat; 04-14-2014, 22:18.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                12 will not have hardware encoding. 13 (Gotham) is in beta right now and should work great. 14 is non-existent they just renamed it from 13-betaX to 14

The problems people are having could be because the version of xbmc no??

If thats the case, uninstalling the version that comes with Vega S89 and installing the lastest beta could resolve most problems??

If so it could be a fix... i wonder.

P.S... Waiting for mine ti arrive which could be in 15 working days to a month :| but following the thread and news closely.

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by ColdSpirit View Post
                  The problems people are having could be because the version of xbmc no??

If thats the case, uninstalling the version that comes with Vega S89 and installing the lastest beta could resolve most problems??

If so it could be a fix... i wonder.

P.S... Waiting for mine ti arrive which could be in 15 working days to a month :| but following the thread and news closely.
                  I think it is the Gotham beta that comes installed on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

no ethernet

I just received mine. But ethernet does not work. Plugged the ethernet cable, no connection. Is there any solution to this ?

Mine is the Tronsmart 8GB version.
                    Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

I just received mine. Testing now. Can confirm it the play store paid app bug. Likely due to lack of secure storage area on internal memory.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                        I just received mine. Testing now. Can confirm it the play store paid app bug. Likely due to lack of secure storage area on internal memory.

I guess its fairly easy to make a secure internal storage partition?

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                          I guess its fairly easy to make a secure internal storage partition?

No clue, honestly. I haven't really played with android internals since my G1, so I'm waaay behind.

Comment

I cant test paid apps because I have never bought one!
                            I cant believe it is secure storage. It must be some bug.
                            You guys will have to tell me if my ROM fixes it as I did make some play store tweaks.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have a multitude of paid apps I use such as external keyboard helper that I use regularly. I'd be happy to test and let you know.

Comment

Happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X