Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    I rooted and reinstalled xbmc but still same problem lol only audio playing with amlogic decoder enabled. It works if you enable Libstagefright by itself. Used to work with amlogic decoder with previous firmware. I checked superuser app and xbmc has been granted rights so not sure whats going on any ideas?

correction libstagefright is runnning like crap esp with passthrough enabled. Something is different with this firmware.. may revert back to other one for the time being
    Can you enable debugging in xbmc, enable verbose for audio and ffmpeg and post xbmc.log while playing videos in AMLogic decoder. Also can you send me dmesg I'm interested to see what's causing your decoder to not work.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
      Guys, I'm little confused I been reading most of the thread some seller claim that they are selling m8 s802 B version or s802DD that supports passthrough Dolby and DTS. My question is are these fakes is there just s802 and these companies just faking it can do dolby and dts pass through. or have they found a way to do it via rom decode tks
      now the dolby dts passthrough only work on XBMC via software decoding. only S802DD chip support hardware decoding.
      now there is no device which use s802dd. and only tronsmart and minix said they will release version with s802dd.

Eric
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

thanks guys so many fake and misleading websites I have to order one from geekbuying so from reading vega better than m8 due to wifi issues
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          thanks guys so many fake and misleading websites I have to order one from geekbuying so from reading vega better than m8 due to wifi issues
          Like I said in my Vega FAQ, don't risk the **** Russian Roulette or the Aliexpress tango. It's just not worth the hassle unless you can't find it on geekbuying.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
            Like I said in my Vega FAQ, don't risk the **** Russian Roulette or the Aliexpress tango. It's just not worth the hassle unless you can't find it on geekbuying.

oh,if you can't find in geekbuying, PM me, i will ask them to list on site.

Eric
            Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              now the dolby dts passthrough only work on XBMC via software decoding. only S802DD chip support hardware decoding.
              now there is no device which use s802dd. and only tronsmart and minix said they will release version with s802dd.

Eric
              There is another s802 device I've seen that has a water drop wave design on the top, I think its SZ Tomato. Will geekbuying carry this model?

Comment

There is another s802 device I've seen that has a water drop wave design on the top, I think its SZ Tomato. Will geekbuying carry this model?

I know that factory. that design won't come to retail market, it is just for B2B business. Tomato should list that on alibaba. i know that.

Eric
                Looking for developers

Comment

there should be world wide sanction like paypal where if the seller post false credentials of the unit they would be stripped of the money. China would be great raw model of they had customer service as in sending right items and goods also if they were fault doa etc this what is killing them customer service and trying to retain and gain more clients Chinese my self but they are hard people to deal with especially if they are going to loose money

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Can you enable debugging in xbmc, enable verbose for audio and ffmpeg and post xbmc.log while playing videos in AMLogic decoder. Also can you send me dmesg I'm interested to see what's causing your decoder to not work.

enabled ffmpeg but which option is for audio in verbose? I got cartoon hd and istream installed on gotham which used to say incompatible.. not sure if its cause I installed and then removed frodo first like other user suggested. Here is the log where you can see the amlogic decoder failing.

Comment

enabled ffmpeg but which option is for audio in verbose? I got cartoon hd and istream installed on gotham which used to say incompatible.. not sure if its cause I installed and then removed frodo first like other user suggested. Here is the log where you can see the amlogic decoder failing.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182886
                      Can you upgrade to the latest Gotham nightly? That beta is old and missing some important bug fixes.

Comment

Can you upgrade to the latest Gotham nightly? That beta is old and missing some important bug fixes.

ok reflashed. updated to latest nightly RC1. rooted. Here is the log.

seems the problem is ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec

something in this firmware is blocking it but that makes no sense since the release from 2 days earlier worked fine.

Comment

ok reflashed. updated to latest nightly RC1. rooted. Here is the log.

seems the problem is ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec

something in this firmware is blocking it but that makes no sense since the release from 2 days earlier worked fine.
                          Yeah the dmesg doesn't say much about why but I have an idea what it may be, which ROM is this you're using?

Comment

Warning to all other members do not buy from dhgate justintop she is lies also she talks like 12 year old "hey bro " you there "bro" our boxes are not clones "bro" how can you talk to new clients like that first you ain't my bro they advertise m8 s802DD or S802-B version and also threatens you by saying that you are a bad buyer and she would leave bad feedback, they also try to lure you away from dhgate onto Skype so its not on record on dhgate don't be fooled this seller must be exposed, Buy from geeksbuy.com a trusted seller, they even send fake tracking numbers because of there 48 shipping pledge so they don't loose money. there information is fake when challenged they got angry saying the amlogic factory is fake and there product was real deal. be warned when dealing with these people I cannot stop you buying but don't be disappointed afterwards

JustMe

Comment

Yeah the dmesg doesn't say much about why but I have an idea what it may be, which ROM is this you're using?

I installed the latest one posted on 4/18. Before that I was using the "test" one post on 4/16 which has comments
                              1 , Slove google player probelm.
                              2. XBMC full support.

reverted back to one posted on 4/16 and all is good with amlogic coder
                              Last edited by rlaursen; 04-22-2014, 13:18.

Comment

S802 and S802-H differences

I just want to step in here really quick.

Seems that there is still some confusion with the whole Dolby and DTS decoding thing pass through thing.

The S802 chip does not have hardware decoding. It requires the software to do it's part. As for pass through this is not an issue and is actually being thought of completely wrong which I will cover in the last part.

The S802-H(S802DD) does hardware decoding. This does not require the software to do anything with the audio tracks. It does however require that the software know how to pass off the decoding to the hardware. These chips are not yet on the market. I want to also point out that hardware decoding is not a special magical thing. For these chips the "hardware" decoding will simply be a small portion of the CPU to use the built in decoder firmware to perform the actual decoding. Less CPU overhead and all that comes with it. However there will be restrictions on this and if your AC3 and DTS soundtracks are not within the codec restrictions it will not be hardware decoded.

Now for the pass through dilemma.
                                Both chips do pass through. The only differences here are the current market chip, S802, cannot do hardware decoding so the software must step up to the plate.

So when you ask about pass through and decoding please remember that they are two totally different things and are independent of each other.

On a side note Netflix requires Android 4.3 and above for HD due to it's built in DRM. I am not sure that these ROMS have the required DRM files as it has to be done with a Google signature thing. Considering that they have issues with the play store it wouldn't surprise me that they goofed that up as well or simply left it out. Aslo for Netflix HD to work you must have a consistent 1.75m inbound bandwidth signal. If you have that then you should be ok to get HD if the rom has the right DRM parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X