Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL man cutting out coffee SUCKS!!!

I just realized that is what your wrote

So back the original is the vega available for ordering? LOL if I fail on this one as well then I'm going back to coffee...

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      Because that meets GPL requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh ok, so why can't we alter it then? What's different to the kernel sources for example LG release for the Nexus 5 say.

Comment

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
        Ahhhh ok, so why can't we alter it then? What's different to the kernel sources for example LG release for the Nexus 5 say.
        :grin: "we" can't because it will take too long to retro engineer something that we will hopefully be supplied with.

I'm hoping that we will be provided with the customer source so that we can provide 'tweaks' that are too marginal for the in house devs to engineer, or The SOC provider doesn't allow by contract.

Wasser, myself, Leolas, lewy etc do what we can but we do need somewhere sensible to start from, we only do this in our 'leisure' time.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

:grin: "we" can't because it will take too long to retro engineer something that we will hopefully be supplied with.

I'm hoping that we will be provided with the customer source so that we can provide 'tweaks' that are too marginal for the in house devs to engineer, or The SOC provider doesn't allow by contract.

Wasser, myself, Leolas, lewy etc do what we can but we do need somewhere sensible to start from, we only do this in our 'leisure' time.

Thanks, just trying to understand how it works. I'd like to develop kernels but I don't have the equipment to do it. Ive read a lot on xda about how governors work etc.

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Thanks, just trying to understand how it works. I'd like to develop kernels but I don't have the equipment to do it. Ive read a lot on xda about how governors work etc.
            There is no special equipment needed. Any computer will do the job.

Unless your talking about brains. Any brain will not do the job.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, the new factory Roms seem to be clocked at 1.9. There's no reason it should shut down.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk
              which rom are you talking about?

Comment

Minix Neo X8

Minix Neo X8 on its way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltXd-E6rEQ

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
                  which rom are you talking about?
                  The Roms Eric posted last week or Finless new one. They're all now scoring around 30000 on Antutu rather than 24000 and are clocked at 1.9. (101k4 ROM Number)

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk

Comment

... or The SOC provider doesn't allow by contract ...
                    If I remember and understand it correct, it seems so, that this was the problem at the AML8726 (MX), so there are only a few semi devs (1-2 ?) ...
                    I hope Amlogic have learn a little bit and understand, why the rk's have so much market presence (even if with all the other truble at rk3188)...
                    But how I understand it, the kernel-source for rk3188 was only a leak and not a official release, or am I wrong?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      If I remember and understand it correct, it seems so, that this was the problem at the AML8726 (MX), so there are only a few semi devs (1-2 ?) ...
                      I hope Amlogic have learn a little bit and understand, why the rk's have so much market presence (even if with all the other truble at rk3188)...
                      But how I understand it, the kernel-source for rk3188 was only a leak and not a official release, or am I wrong?
                      They really would sell a lot more.

I noticed that in the new MINIX x8 videos, they're giving Antutu scores of 24000 so they must have the same underclocked kernel palm: I can't understand why they wouldnt tweak it a little to optimize it. Surely it wouldn't take long? If these Amlogic chips remain "locked" then I'd happily go over to the rk3288 TV sticks (assuming full sources are released for that) Id probably even learn to adjust it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

General AML S802 Device release discussions

The thing here is that most of the organisations simply take the reference architecture and productionize it. The only differentiation they have between their clone of a ref. board and another companies is the ROM. If a third party produces a super ROM that works on all platforms then the differentiation disappears and it becomes a price decision.

Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

The thing here is that most of the organisations simply take the reference architecture and productionize it. The only differentiation they have between their clone of a ref. board and another companies is the ROM. If a third party produces a super ROM that works on all platforms then the differentiation disappears and it becomes a price decision.

I see.

Its a shame, the Chinese android boxes are good but they're in danger of dying out (outside of China anyway) Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku maybe even Google TV etc seem to be better. The Chinese boxes are so buggy and if the Neo X8 is £150+ as some places are advertising then why would you buy one over say a Fire TV? They're very much a developers or "tweakers" device and not really mainstream when they with some attention could be.

Comment

They really would sell a lot more.
                            sure!

I noticed that in the new MINIX x8 videos, they're giving Antutu scores of 24000 so they must have the same underclocked kernel
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

1. Its a shame, the Chinese android boxes are good but they're in danger of dying out

2.) (outside of China anyway) Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku maybe even Google TV etc seem to be better.
                              1.) YES

2.)
                              Do you read at XDA about the rooting the FireTV and the updates in future?
                              If I read it, I think it isn't a device for me...

Do you read about the video stuttering problems with Chromecast?
                              If I read it, I know it isn't a device for me...

The benefit of Roku at the moment is, they don't use rk3188T (but I think also the Minix (mini) X7)... (BTW: genny @minixforums.com (the dev of 'DroidMode') published a 4.4.2 KitKat port from the 'PocketKey' of Cloudproject.it to the Minix X7 some days ago ("The secret of this rom is to be as close as possible to Android AOSP"))

Google TV...
                              We will see...

RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                1.) YES

2.)
                                Do you read at XDA about the rooting the FireTV and the updates in future?
                                If I read it, I think it isn't a device for me...

Do you read about the video stuttering problems with Chromecast?
                                If I read it, I know it isn't a device for me...

The benefit of Roku at the moment is, they don't use rk3188T (but I think also the Minix (mini) X7)... (BTW: genny @minixforums.com (the dev of 'DroidMode') published a 4.4.2 KitKat port from the 'PocketKey' of Cloudproject.it to the Minix X7 some days ago ("The secret of this rom is to be as close as possible to Android AOSP"))

Google TV...
                                We will see...

I've never had a problem with my Chromecast so I'm not sure. I've got a fast internet connection so maybe that helps. Not sure about the Fire TV but I would've thought the XDA devs would be all over it.

Most of my friends in the UK have the Chromecast and love it, they love the fact its only £30 and with apps like allcast can stream pretty much anything.

I like the Chinese boxes because you can tweak them and get the full Android experience, i rarely use my Chromecast.

Comment

Working...
                                X