No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice if there was a tutorial on idenfying the hardware, including bootloader and other stuff that can affect operation and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
      For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.
      Did your unit arrive any feedback? m8

JustMe
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Is there any reason why beelink needs 3Amps PSU?

JustMe
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
          My led also randomly lights up when its in sleep mode which is very annoying.. also, i thought the led was supposed to turn red when it sleeps?
          The same as yours. standby is red light - but blinkin' up is blue

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
            The same as yours. standby is red light - but blinkin' up is blue
            i dont ever see a red light just blue lol.. when it is off i see no light until it wakes up blue for a few sec and then goes back off.

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
              Two generic questions for Amlogic S802 owners:

- What's the video playing quality comparing to dual core AML? I mean, are videos which are totally smooth on dual core AML in the same league with quad core AML?

- The same question regarding colors rendering...

(I'm asking it because I would like to avoid similarity with RK3188 and all the problems it brings...)
              i have a gbox mx2 and this m8 totally shits on it. It is so much more responsive. I can run any xbmc skin without any slowdowns unlike the mx2. The mx2 also has horrible wifi and ethernet speeds. Video playback is perfectly smooth in 720 and 1080P. The next gbox mx3 will most likely be a rebranded M8.

Comment

i have a gbox mx2 and this m8 totally shits on it. It is so much more responsive. I can run any xbmc skin without any slowdowns unlike the mx2. The mx2 also has horrible wifi and ethernet speeds. Video playback is perfectly smooth in 720 and 1080P. The next gbox mx3 will most likely be a rebranded M8.
                I recieved my box yesterday and it seems great. But i cant set 1080p 24 in xbmc. On my cubox-i i have alot more options regarding display output.

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
                  Hi All!

I've bought the neutral (MBOX 4K, S82 version. 8GB), and if I read it right on the forum it's exactly the same as Beelink's 8GB version.
                  It's already rooted now.

Despite the crappy remote controller, the box runs great.
                  For those likes the numbers: I ran the Antutu a couple of times. And at first the score was only 22000. But I read on this forum that the box's cpu governor was set to hotplug. So I changed this with NoFrills CPU to performance governor, and also set the max. Cpu freq to 1.8Ghz. Ran antutu again, score is now a little more than 30000 .
                  So that overclocked the CPU?
                  Won't it cause the box to overheat?

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by HelpMePlz View Post
                    So that overclocked the CPU?
                    Won't it cause the box to overheat?
                    The max CPU speed of the CPU is 1.99Ghz. The box and original ROM came scaled to 1.6Ghz it was essentially underclocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                      The max CPU speed of the CPU is 1.99Ghz. The box and original ROM came scaled to 1.6Ghz it was essentially underclocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                      mine shut itself down multiple times when i clocked it at 1.99 and also at 1.8 so its back to factory 1.6mhz for now.

Comment

mine shut itself down multiple times when i clocked it at 1.99 and also at 1.8 so its back to factory 1.6mhz for now.
                        Well, the new factory Roms seem to be clocked at 1.9. There's no reason it should shut down.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine can't support 1.99Mhz with Antutu.... It's freeze during test... overheating maybe?
                          Without Antutu CUP trick (1.6Mhz) in forced landscape, my box get 29000 score. Not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                            Mine can't support 1.99Mhz with Antutu.... It's freeze during test... overheating maybe?
                            Without Antutu CUP trick (1.6Mhz) in forced landscape, my box get 29000 score. Not bad!

Do you have the new ROM installed? As we were discussing last night with Bob, it seems the new ROM is clocked at stock at 1.9. Incidententally I get 28000 with 1.9cpu in Antutu. 29000 seems high for a 1.6 clock speed. What are you using to measure the clock speed at 1.6?

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                              Do you have the new ROM installed? As we were discussing last night with Bob, it seems the new ROM is clocked at stock at 1.9. Incidententally I get 28000 with 1.9cpu in Antutu. 29000 seems high for a 1.6 clock speed. What are you using to measure the clock speed at 1.6?

Yep, i test with new Bob zip ROM.

1/ I launch Antutu and get 29000. I check with CPUZ, i see 1.6Mhz.
                              2/ I launch Antutu CPU... it display 1.99Mhz, i check with CPUZ... i can see 1.99Mhz. I run An Antutu, and it freeze (27% or 34%).

But, when i check Antut detail i can see CPU 4x1992Hz.... so very strange... issue about CPUZ? Antutu?
                              Maybe this kernel isn't supported at the moment by most of android Tuning CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                                Yep, i test with new Bob zip ROM.

1/ I launch Antutu and get 29000. I check with CPUZ, i see 1.6Mhz.
                                2/ I launch Antutu CPU... it display 1.99Mhz, i check with CPUZ... i can see 1.99Mhz. I run An Antutu, and it freeze (27% or 34%).

But, when i check Antut detail i can see CPU 4x1992Hz.... so very strange... issue about CPUZ? Antutu?
                                Maybe this kernel isn't supported at the moment by most of android Tuning CPU.
                                I think certain CPU testing apps are giving the wrong maximum CPU value. I think it is 1.9.

If you download trickster mod. Then run antutu then run trickster and look at the CPU usage table it shows that 1.9 "time in state" is acrtually being used.

Comment

Working...
                                X