General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdSpirit View Post
    And what about tronsmar vega s89? It is good?

Thanks.
    Sure, same than Beelink M8.

I hope can make a CS M8 vs Beelink M8 at the end of this week or begining of next one.
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
      I guess all those boxes are using same motherboard than this model:

I'd NOT recommend choosing this over the Beelink M8 or similar.

I'm going to compare both boxes and believe me, this hardware is "the cheapest version" of the Beelink M8...
      Stop advertising your Beelink products over others..

Comment

. .
        Last edited by mini__me; 04-24-2014, 15:10.

Comment

The square M8 box (Tomato) is not the same hardware as the Tronsmart or Beelink!
          It uses a different bootloader which means it's NAND chips and possibly other hardware are different!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

My previous post now makes no sense as the original comment I was replying to was deleted.....so I'll delete mine

Comment

Originally posted by Yusi View Post
              Stop advertising your Beelink products over others..
              Two things to make clear:

1. Beelink is not mine, I said who is the owner before

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:

When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.

Comment

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.
                Most of us here are glad to have the benefit of your expertise.
                I look forward to a proper comparison between the square and round devices (assuming the final prod version of the CS M8 is the same as the "beta" version being sold at the moment)

thanks!
                Last edited by jimac; 04-24-2014, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
                  Most of us here are glad to have the benefit of your expertise.
                  I look forward to a proper comparison between the square and round devices (assuming the final prod version of the CS M8 is the same as the "beta" version being sold at the moment)

thanks!
                  I think it's not normal to change the motherboard or that should be a headache for the customers who bought the first version if some big changes are made. Anyway they can improve something if they really want.

Comment

So if I understand correct the Tronsmate Vega S89 or the Beelink M8 are still the best to buy??

What are the best places to buy?

Now looking at these two:

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart Vega S89 Amlogic S802 2.0GHz Quad Core Android TV BOX 2G/16G Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G Bluetooth4.0 XBMC - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Comment

Hi All!

I've bought the neutral (MBOX 4K, S82 version. 8GB), and if I read it right on the forum it's exactly the same as Beelink's 8GB version.
                      It's already rooted now.

Despite the crappy remote controller, the box runs great.
                      For those likes the numbers: I ran the Antutu a couple of times. And at first the score was only 22000. But I read on this forum that the box's cpu governor was set to hotplug. So I changed this with NoFrills CPU to performance governor, and also set the max. Cpu freq to 1.8Ghz. Ran antutu again, score is now a little more than 30000 .
                      XBMC works great. Passthrough (using a pana AVR) seems working (not tried with every movie I have). A/V sync is good. Only noticed delay just when I made some changes (chang audio language, or channels) during the movie.

I have some little problems with it:
                      - Miracast and my SGS3 (android 4.3) connected, but only audio works,
                      - the blue led light sometimes blinks up when the box is in standby mode (randomly) /one of our member Lokie said: could be an app which wakes up the device/,
                      - after rebooting the device the screen is flickering. The screen is almost full one green color. Just the hdmi replug into the AVR helps (maybe it's because of the reciever).

Anyone experienced the above listed things?

The device is Xposed framework compatible? Right now (without the factory fw) I'm not in my experimenter mood.

greetings,
                      eM

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by twi View Post
                        So if I understand correct the Tronsmate Vega S89 or the Beelink M8 are still the best to buy??

What are the best places to buy?

Now looking at these two:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-324676.html
                        I recommend geekbuying, they have always been reliable and they have a big presence on these forums.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:
                          When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.
                          I'm confused on what would be the differences between Beelinkg and its neutral version.... (sorry for the bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
                            Hi All!

I've bought the neutral (MBOX 4K, S82 version. 8GB), and if I read it right on the forum it's exactly the same as Beelink's 8GB version.
                            It's already rooted now.

Despite the crappy remote controller, the box runs great.
                            For those likes the numbers: I ran the Antutu a couple of times. And at first the score was only 22000. But I read on this forum that the box's cpu governor was set to hotplug. So I changed this with NoFrills CPU to performance governor, and also set the max. Cpu freq to 1.8Ghz. Ran antutu again, score is now a little more than 30000 .
                            XBMC works great. Passthrough (using a pana AVR) seems working (not tried with every movie I have). A/V sync is good. Only noticed delay just when I made some changes (chang audio language, or channels) during the movie.

I have some little problems with it:
                            - Miracast and my SGS3 (android 4.3) connected, but only audio works,
                            - the blue led light sometimes blinks up when the box is in standby mode (randomly) /one of our member Lokie said: could be an app which wakes up the device/,
                            - after rebooting the device the screen is flickering. The screen is almost full one green color. Just the hdmi replug into the AVR helps (maybe it's because of the reciever).

Anyone experienced the above listed things?

The device is Xposed framework compatible? Right now (without the factory fw) I'm not in my experimenter mood.

greetings,
                            eM
                            My led also randomly lights up when its in sleep mode which is very annoying.. also, i thought the led was supposed to turn red when it sleeps?

Comment

i purchased from acemax, and they said have stock , u can check with them

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                              I look forward to it, because I cannot see the difference apart from the bootloader chips and the m8 Is harder to get at the moment due to stock. but then again who am I to judge I don't even own any of them at the moment

JustMe

Comment

Two generic questions for Amlogic S802 owners:

- What's the video playing quality comparing to dual core AML? I mean, are videos which are totally smooth on dual core AML in the same league with quad core AML?

- The same question regarding colors rendering...

(I'm asking it because I would like to avoid similarity with RK3188 and all the problems it brings...)

Comment

Working...
                                X