No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they work great, please bring up video info during playback (press O on keyboard) and tell me what codec its running. (Or PM a screenshot)

EDIT: Just discovered that passthrough does work on latest nightly.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
      If they work great, please bring up video info during playback (press O on keyboard) and tell me what codec its running. (Or PM a screenshot)

EDIT: Just discovered that passthrough does work on latest nightly.

So you are using latest nightly. I am trying the beta 3 right now. Is hardware accel working on it ?
      Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
        So you are using latest nightly. I am trying the beta 3 right now. Is hardware accel working on it ?
        It's working perfectly so far, no audio sync issues yet either. But I still need to do a little bit more testing before I can say the problem is completely gone. I have tested 4 different videos with different audio/video codecs no issues. I'm going to try streaming now.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

It's working perfectly so far, no audio sync issues yet either. But I still need to do a little bit more testing before I can say the problem is completely gone. I have tested 4 different videos with different audio/video codecs no issues. I'm going to try streaming now.

Cool. Beta3 is having similar issue as stock XBMC. audio/video sync on libstagefright after few minutes. I have been testing streaming though all the way. I will try a local media though.

Comment

Deleted request, not important anymore.

Android can not support TrueHD as you can't send lossless 7.1 through 2ch PCM.

5.1 is as good as it's gonna get.

Last edited by noderat; 04-16-2014, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
              Cool. Beta3 is having similar issue as stock XBMC. audio/video sync on libstagefright after few minutes. I have been testing streaming though all the way. I will try a local media though.
              Don't use libstagefright you have the AMLogic decoder, it's more reliable.

Comment

Don't use libstagefright you have the AMLogic decoder, it's more reliable.

With amlogic I am having no video and only audio. How did your tests go with streaming videos with the gotham nightly ?

Comment

Gotham nightly has no sync issue! 5.1 passthrough works great but playing DTS kills stereo output until xbmc has been restarted.

Comment

Gotham nightly has no sync issue! 5.1 passthrough works great but playing DTS kills stereo output until xbmc has been restarted.

Can you tell me. Theres no problem with the box. it is only a software/firmware issue that can be fixed rather easily?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdSpirit View Post
                      Can you tell me. Theres no problem with the box. it is only a software/firmware issue that can be fixed rather easily?
                      Yeah it's software. No worries.

Comment

Yeah it's software. No worries.
                        So all the problems can/will be fixed with a offical firmware update?
                        Or will hacking the device be need to fix some of them?

Comment

This is why i say dont buy unless you want to tinker with first release of anything from china! as its always released with issues and after a few guys tweek and release new roms life gets better, but until then its a crap shoot!!! Tronsmart blows at releasing updates as has been standard for them to ignore end users so i will wait till DEVS get it right
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            This is why i say dont buy unless you want to tinker with first release of anything from china! as its always released with issues and after a few guys tweek and release new roms life gets better, but until then its a crap shoot!!! Tronsmart blows at releasing updates as has been standard for them to ignore end users so i will wait till DEVS get it right
                            I dont mind if the issues get fixed. The layout i care less it just function right!

Since mine gets 1+ month to arrive i hope once it gets here all the issues are fixed

Thanks for all feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Is there an M8 ROM download available? Or maybe some other s802 ROMs?

I would like to poke at others not made by Tronsmart (or whatever China house they use). I honestly don't like Tronsmarts ROM work based on past examples....

This is all new so having other examples of implementation is helpful!

Bob

Sent you a PM with FW for Square m8 box.

Comment

EM8 firmware

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                                Sent you a PM with FW for Square m8 box.

Comment

Working...
                                X