General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    So, from what I am reading, these boxes are not ready for prime time?
    So far these are the issues I have read about the S89:

- S802 doesn't support DD/DTS hardware decoding (but works in XBMC)
    - problems with paid apps
    - Ethernet issues
    - some videos play audio out of sync

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by sush40 View Post

- Ethernet issues
      Correct. And all but the first can be corrected in software. I'm reaching out to koying from xbmc to see if he can take a peek at my logs and fine tune things.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Delete this post
        Last edited by noderat; 04-15-2014, 20:27.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
          Are you setting it up through mbox settings or android settings? Make sure wifi and ethernet is off in android and mbox settings then check box in mbox settings and see if that helps. Sorry, not trying to insult you if you already tried that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
          I definitely tried it from both Android and mbox settings. But I don't remember the sequence. Maybe it was on in Android and tried it in mbox. But when I unboxed it, it was definitely off. I will give it a go again when I am back home.

noderat, I will try the factory reset thing again.
          Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

Audio out off sync..

Nice box.. got the round one in yesterday , fast and smoothly but .. audio and video out off sync tried everything no fix..

It is a pitty..

KG

Comment

So is this AV sync issue only in XBMC or can it be seen in MX player?. Also is it MP3, AC3 and DTS or just one or the other.

Also there is an audio sync setting that you can adjust the audio in milliseconds. Has anyone tried that.

Also is it out of sync from the get go or does it slowly get out of sync.

sorry for all the Q's but I am trying to see what's up.

Comment

I set the libstagefright in the acceleration in XBMC and it starts up ok on 720p files. But after a few minutes gets out of sync. I will later report the file types that I used.

With Mxplayer I have seen it to work ok. But have not tested it beyond a few mins. Will do that and report back.

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                So is this AV sync issue only in XBMC or can it be seen in MX player?. Also is it MP3, AC3 and DTS or just one or the other.

Also there is an audio sync setting that you can adjust the audio in milliseconds. Has anyone tried that.

Also is it out of sync from the get go or does it slowly get out of sync.

sorry for all the Q's but I am trying to see what's up.
                Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
                  I set the libstagefright in the acceleration in XBMC and it starts up ok on 720p files. But after a few minutes gets out of sync. I will later report the file types that I used.

With Mxplayer I have seen it to work ok. But have not tested it beyond a few mins. Will do that and report back.
                  When i use XBMC..it is out off sync from thebeginning , to adjust the sync in the audio menu did not have any effect at all..It could be the Gotham version no idea , any body else has the same experience ?

KG

Comment

Originally posted by K41Box View Post
                    When i use XBMC..it is out off sync from thebeginning , to adjust the sync in the audio menu did not have any effect at all..It could be the Gotham version no idea , any body else has the same experience ?

KG
                    I delayed 0.5sec in a video and it fixed it, then I applied those changes as default in the sound OSD menu.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                      I delayed 0.5sec in a video and it fixed it, then I applied those changes as default in the sound OSD menu.

I will try it out tomorrow again.... but it surely looks more than 0.5 sec to fast to me..

KG

Comment

Originally posted by sush40 View Post

- Ethernet issues
                        The video sync issue seems pretty big.
                        I thought this was the most powerfull Android Box released so far.

Does the sync issue only occur with 720p & above content or on 480p as well?

Comment

Originally posted by HelpMePlz View Post
                          The video sync issue seems pretty big.
                          I thought this was the most powerfull Android Box released so far.

Does the sync issue only occur with 720p & above content or on 480p as well?
                          480 is included in issue. It's just a software issue though I'm sure koying will be able to help fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there an M8 ROM download available? Or maybe some other s802 ROMs?

I would like to poke at others not made by Tronsmart (or whatever China house they use). I honestly don't like Tronsmarts ROM work based on past examples....

This is all new so having other examples of implementation is helpful!

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Is the Beelink any different from the Tronsmart? See post #392 in this thread by Javimetal.

Comment

Any sort of other ROM other than the Tronsmart one would be good at the moment.Its so buggy!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X