Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GamePads compatible with AMLOGIC MX Boxes

Hi guys,

I've spent the last 4 weeks testing out various different gamepads with my MX device to try and get the functionality i require for my old retro emulators. I have thus far been unable to get any to work.

I have tried some retro SNES style USB pads on ****, PS3 Pad, Xbox 360 Pad, Xboc one pad, a few random PC USB Gamepads - and just this morning when my delivery arrived, I tried the G910 pad - only to realise that my device doesn't have bluetooth - oh and it wont work wired with the USB cable.

I am very happy with my AMLOGIC Tv box but the lack of gamepad functionality frustrates me as I love playing my old SNES, Genesis and N64 games and would really like to do so on my TV through the box than on my PC.

Has anyone ever got any sort of gamepad working on these devices? Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really don't want to swap my boxes (of which there are 4 in the house) to RK devices just to get this functionality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
    Hi guys,

I've spent the last 4 weeks testing out various different gamepads with my MX device to try and get the functionality i require for my old retro emulators. I have thus far been unable to get any to work.

I have tried some retro SNES style USB pads on ****, PS3 Pad, Xbox 360 Pad, Xboc one pad, a few random PC USB Gamepads - and just this morning when my delivery arrived, I tried the G910 pad - only to realise that my device doesn't have bluetooth - oh and it wont work wired with the USB cable.

I am very happy with my AMLOGIC Tv box but the lack of gamepad functionality frustrates me as I love playing my old SNES, Genesis and N64 games and would really like to do so on my TV through the box than on my PC.

Has anyone ever got any sort of gamepad working on these devices? Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really don't want to swap my boxes (of which there are 4 in the house) to RK devices just to get this functionality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My old usb wired Trust Predator works fine. And thanks to the app Tincore Keymapper i can play "touch" games
    Some days ago i've bought this one and hope it works too http://www.banggood.com/Wireless-Vib...r-p-81252.html
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hi daemonium,

Was your Trust Predator Plug and Play for non touch games or did you still have to set it up in Tincore beforehand?

Can you share what model number it is? I don't understand why the PC USB Gamepads I've tried aren't working.

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      My old usb wired Trust Predator works fine. And thanks to the app Tincore Keymapper i can play "touch" games
      Some days ago i've bought this one and hope it works too http://www.banggood.com/Wireless-Vib...r-p-81252.html

Comment

Re: GamePads compatible with AMLOGIC MX Boxes

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
        Hi daemonium,

Was your Trust Predator Plug and Play for non touch games or did you still have to set it up in Tincore beforehand?

Can you share what model number it is? I don't understand why the PC USB Gamepads I've tried aren't working.
        Just PnP for retroarch.
        According to lsusb, it's 0810:0003
        In my experience the cheapest gamepad it's the one who has the best support. Forget about bt, always use the rf ones or try normal wired gamepad.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          Just PnP for retroarch.
          According to lsusb, it's 0810:0003
          In my experience the cheapest gamepad it's the one who has the best support. Forget about bt, always use the rf ones or try normal wired gamepad.
          Thats exactly what I want - retroarch!!

Maybe Ill keep trying cheap USB pads! Will have a look for the 0810:0003

Thank you very much.

Comment

when i can put my hands on my new gamepad i will be back to this thread to say if it works or not

Comment

Probably the kernel of the amlogic box has not the modules needed to run gamepads,

Which is the amlogic box and which kernel version is using? Using generic MX 3.0.8 or 3.0.50 amlogic source should be enough to compile several modules and load them via init.d for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
                Probably the kernel of the amlogic box has not the modules needed to run gamepads,

Which is the amlogic box and which kernel version is using? Using generic MX 3.0.8 or 3.0.50 amlogic source should be enough to compile several modules and load them via init.d for instance.
                i was understanding that it was a mx2 clone, if its not that then nothing i said has sense :P

Comment

So I have a Matricom Gbox MX2 in my sitting room and clones(same box shape, same remote etc just has "MX" printed on box instead of Gbox 2) in the bedrooms - so both really.

Comment

Supposedly here it is matricom kernel sources:

AmLogic MX kernel sources from Matricom. Contribute to j1nx/mx-common-matricom development by creating an account on GitHub.

So compiling adding that gamepad modules as ko files should be enough I think.

Comment

I haven't tested any game controllers, but it should be possible to insmod kernel drivers for USB Playstation and XBOX controllers, which I believe many emulators support.

I know Christian Troy's ROMs do this for the Ainol series of Amlogic tablets.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
                        Supposedly here it is matricom kernel sources:

AmLogic MX kernel sources from Matricom. Contribute to j1nx/mx-common-matricom development by creating an account on GitHub.

So compiling adding that gamepad modules as ko files should be enough I think.
                        Thanks mate, very useful

Comment

Wish I knew how to take the information in the last few posts and make a gamepad work - and I thought I was technically minded until I read those posts - but way over my head unfortunately.

Comment

So an interesting development last night being that I could see a cheapy USB gamepad called SpeedLink in Tincore and Openpad Union - both apps noticed the pad was connected and "GamePad" showed up in input settings.

Although this is further than I've been before - there was still no acknowledgement or response from RetroArch.

Most frustrating thing being, one of my neighbours has an Rk3188 device, and every pad worked with RetroArch PNP last night.

Comment

If the dpad is detected in Android, then should be usable in Retroarch. Don't use autodetection mode in Retroarch and map it using custom binds options.

Comment

Working...
                              X