What's the latest firmware for Tronsmart Vega s89/Beelink S82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the latest firmware for Tronsmart Vega s89/Beelink S82

I have the Tronsmart Vega S89 Standard and currently using finless 2.1, based on 111k4.

Is this "115k4 Remix" the most current?

And if so, what is it based on? The sticky at the top indicates 112k4 is the lastest official from beelink, and the same 112k4 is on tronsmart.com

I also see some references to 202k4 (or some much higher version number)

thanks

Well..
    115k4 seems the latest..
    114k4 is the last s82/s89 firmware posted on Bee-link baidu page

My question is, are you happy or unhappy with you current ROM?
    As upgrading the firmware.. doesn't always mean better or less bug

Cheers

Comment

I'm somewhat happy, but a few things are amiss (Kodi 14.2 is the main purpose of the box as of now.)

I have found a few streams that don't properly play and they're great resolutions (720p) w/ mulit-channel audio streams (there are other streams from other add-ons which do play with the same characteristics), and my suspicion is a bug in amcodec/mediacodec/libstagefright (don't know which) OR Kodi helix (maybe an upgrade to Isengard would solve but I think video issues are usually f/w related).

Also, I came from the stock "shipped-with" Tronsmart 106k4 prior to Finless 2.1 and audio used be "always on", from BOTH my S/PDIF out AND the HDMI connected to my TV, so I could hear audio via my Home Theater (if on) and my TV simultaneously. That just means that if I want to turn off the TV and hear music from the HT, I didn't have to go into "Settings" and switch from "PCM" to "S/PDIF" like I do now (one or the other). A minor PIA.

I plan to take a TWRP backup of the system before any further tinkering (kodi or f/w) so I can revert to this environment if need be. I just hope the up to Abdul's 115k4 goes without issues.

Comment

I would suggest.. Trying SPMC from koying
        Before going to a new firmware

Anyway..goodluck

Ps.. Making a backup..smart

Comment

Has SPMC been updated to Isengard yet?"

Comment

Yes..spmc v15
            -not the one from google market, thats still old version

Comment

I have the same box and upgraded to 316k4 (for S812 chipsets) without issues using the burning tool on my windows 8.1 pc.
              I do use kodi only as of now on this box and I haven't flashed openelec build because i always think some day ill install games for kids to play lol. So far so good, its been a week now.
              Making a backup always before testing other roms is smart indeed.

Sent from my Moto XT1053 powered by Tapatalk

Comment

you installed 316k4 on the Vega S89 Standard?

Where did you find the 316k4 firmware to download?

Comment

Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

Comment

Wow. That firmware is from a newer box than the Vega S89, but you're saying it works. Is there a thread here discussing this f/w and S89 users running this f/w?
                    I don't want to brick my poor old round S89

The Vega S89 has the S802 chipset, not the S812 chipset. You are saying f/w built for the S812 will run fine on the S802?

I am really confused. Where did you first read that you could run firmware for the s812 on the older s802 chipsets? There must be others discussing it, but I cannot find any posts here from users confirming it (except you here in this topic).

NOT that I don't believe you, I would simply like to read more experiences about it for the Vega S89 or the Beelink S82, and be able to post in the appropriate thread to get support.

TYVM
                    Last edited by jae; 08-31-2015, 02:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post

Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

I am confused, my Tronsmart Vega S89 is Amlogic, the firmware you just posted is for Rockchip.
                      Edit, never mind, that picture at the very bottom got me confused.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by jae
                        Wow. That firmware is from a newer box than the Vega S89, but you're saying it works. Is there a thread here discussing this f/w and S89 users running this f/w?
                        I don't want to brick my poor old round S89

The Vega S89 has the S802 chipset, not the S812 chipset. You are saying f/w built for the S812 will run fine on the S802?

I am really confused. Where did you first read that you could run firmware for the s812 on the older s802 chipsets? There must be others discussing it, but I cannot find any posts here from users confirming it (except you here in this topic).

NOT that I don't believe you, I would simply like to read more experiences about it for the Vega S89 or the Beelink S82, and be able to post in the appropriate thread to get support.

TYVM
                        Yes firmware for S812 devices can run on S802 devices no problem. With the 316k4 rom i posted wifi and Ethernet works fine. I think in other roms like the lollipop beta and 202k4 wifi doesnt work for our device, because the proper modules for it are not included in the kernel.
                        If you read the beta lollipop firmware for MXIII-G thread posted by Oman you will see people commenting about flashing that and other roms on S802 devices.

Comment

Very interesting. I will read that thread.

Can this 316k4 be flashed via TWRP? And which of the first two links on the tronsmart page is the correct file to download?

Also, is it possible to go *back* to any of the earlier ROMs (115k4 remix, finless 2.1 (111k4), etc.) ?

Comment

also is there any tutorial how to flash the rom Tronsmart_MXIII-Plus_316k4 with pc i have a beelink m7b s802 but i am familiar only with the sd card method any help will be great thanks.

Comment

You can flash using the sdcard method, the second link is for that but they just provide the tools to do it yourself. I didn't want to waste time figuring how to do so, so i just downloaded using the first link which is a .zip file containing a .img file that i used to flash to my box using the burning tool without problem.
                              Hmmm ok ill create the file to flash using the sdcard/twrp method and upload it sometime later today for you to try it.
                              Reverting back to old firmware is not a problem and is always easier if you restore a twrp backup.

There are instructions in .pdf format that used to be provided with the firmware update links for using the burning tool but on geekbuying webpage it is also explained.

Edit: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.U1coO6bQGtk but use this burning tool instead (Win 8 support): http://www.mediafire.com/download/5g...v2.0.4_x86.rar

Last edited by Veronica; 08-31-2015, 18:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X