Kernel -108k4 Cpu Control -s82/s89 - Adjust Cpu to 1992mhz - S802 devices

Ive Made a small mod to the 108k4 and latest 109k4
    stock kernel for s802 devices
    this will allow you to Adjust your Max Cpu Frequency
    from 192mhz to 1992mhz
    settings will stick with this one,
    no more stuck at 1608mhz, set it to what you want
    and you can change the I/O Scheduler, Deadline, Noop, CFQ
    the governor change wont stick unfortunately on 108k4 kernel, but will on 109k4 kernel
    and the min freq changes wont stick either on 108k4 but will on 109k4, thats at 192
    but i have a few for you to choose from, you can flash any of these you choose

- 192mhz - 1992mhz - Hotplug
    - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Conservative
    - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Interactive
    - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Ondemand

ive been testing different combinations all week and i reccommend Hotplug and Conservative
    they will scale between intermediate frequencies better and stay that bit cooler
    interactive and ondemand jump from min to max a lot

the downloads are provided as a standard Boot.img and flashable zips
    and flashable zip available for 109k4 below

so to use these as of now you will need to be rooted. You should be already but
    the easy method i use is, get Flashify from PlayStore, flash and reboot

Downloads
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Flash the ez_root zip, put zip on SD card and flash from recovery To get root if you havent got it already
    Then flash the image you need using flashify or similar tool

to monitor and change cpu frequency i use
    Performance control from xda
    Hello everyone! Performance Control is A CPU Control application bundled with AOKP (created by xoomdev). I started modding and adding features to this application, with educk, few months ago and now we decided to create a dedicated thread...

and monitor temps with CpuTemp from playstore
    your cpu needs to be kept below 60 degrees or throttling will occur and max cpu will decrease to as low as 800mhz
    use these kernel patches at your own risk, futher testing needs to be done
    and you really need a fan or better cooling

as far as i know you can use these with S82, S82b , S89, M8 - amlogic s802 based units
    if your box can use this fw below, then your good to go

good luck

Here's the latest boot.img kernels
    from the latest 109k4 update rom

these set your cpu to

min- 192 MHz
    max- 1992 MHz

these are hotplug
    but you can now set your governor to what you want it seems
    with an app like performance control, or whatever one suits you
    and you can change the CPU level from 96 MHz to 1992 MHz

Download
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p2bfmlcm4ig74/S802_109k4_cpu_boot.img_patches

Also please note you should flash 108k4 kernel to 108k4 rom
    And 109k4 kernel to 109k4 rom
    if you flash the wrong one dont panic and flash the correct one by booting into recovery using the matchstick in hole method.
    Last edited by racky29; 10-03-2014, 17:23.

your box will boot at max freq 1992mhz
    you can then change the freq to a lower one
    so maybe i will make another one that is same as stock 1608mhz

PS - thanks Bob for original cpu control which gave me inspration for this, and helpful comments
    Last edited by racky29; 09-04-2014, 19:39. Reason: ps thanks bob

Comment

have you tested with the 3 I/O Scheduler? i wonder which one would work better

Comment

I tried noop with antutu and got slightly better results. But were very small increases

Comment

ok, tested the Conservative one but it's 192-1603Mhz. You may want to check that one and the others as well. Thanks

Checked wiith both mentioned apps btw

Comment

checked the image it appears to be ok
            i unpacked it an checked it out

can you move the frequencies up and down with a cpu app
            and if so does it stay at what you set it on when you close and re open the app

anyway i repacked a fresh conservative one, if ya wanna try it
            http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/62019327/file.html

there is also a chance that if your cpu has hit the 60 degrees mark, the cpu limiter kicks in and could give a lower cpu level
            ive been flashing these images and havent had any problems, mines on 1992, but i do have a fan on my unit, so the temps dont go much higher than 50 - 52 degrees

heres another one
            192 - 1608mhz conservative, will let you change it up or down to max 1992mhz
            Last edited by racky29; 09-04-2014, 23:15.

Comment

i did change it to 1992mhz but it stayed in 1608Mhz after re-opened apps. then right after that i flashed back to the hotplug image posted in finless thread and got 1992mhz no problem.

Comment

Has anybody had a go at using these. I would like to know if they work ok. They work flawless for me every time.

Also can anybody help creating a flashable zip for these
                Everytime no matter what signing tools I use, I get signature verification error flashing with stock recovery from 108k4
                And depending on the sign tool
                I get signature and footer error.

Comment

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
                  Has anybody had a go at using these. I would like to know if they work ok. They work flawless for me every time.

Also can anybody help creating a flashable zip for these
                  Everytime no matter what signing tools I use, I get signature verification error flashing with stock recovery from 108k4
                  And depending on the sign tool
                  I get signature and footer error.
                  Hi racky, I've been patching the boot.img cpu frequency from wasser ROM which is on my m82b(round black and red one). I've figured out how to create the "flashable" zip style pack (like bobs cpu_patcher) from a old zip signer tool I used to make ROMS for ainol hero tablet and they work with stock recovery.

If you want to check my flashable.zip and it works for you I can help you make your own. Just let me know and I'll provide a download link tomorrow.
                  Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                  Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Nice one ant that would be good' pm me a link when your ready'

Comment

Nice one ant that would be good' pm me a link when your ready'
                      I drop you a pm in the morning I'm in bed now.
                      Just a few thoughts have you modified the updater_script? also are you zipping up META_INF and the boot.img prior to signing?
                      Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                      Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Yes left the updater script in but removed the sign files
                        And also just tried resigning as they are

And tried using bobs zip and resigning it

Comment

109k4 cpu boot.img 1992mhz

these set your cpu to

min- 192 MHz
                          max- 1992 MHz

these are hotplug

Download

I added these to first post
                          Last edited by racky29; 09-23-2014, 12:50.

Comment

Ive Made a small mod to the 108k4 and latest 109k4
                            stock kernel for s802 devices
                            this will allow you to Adjust your Max Cpu Frequency
                            from 192mhz to 1992mhz
                            settings will stick with this one,
                            no more stuck at 1608mhz, set it to what you want
                            and you can change the I/O Scheduler, Deadline, Noop, CFQ
                            the governor change wont stick unfortunately on 108k4 kernel, still looking into this
                            and the min freq changes wont stick either on 108k4 but will on 109k4, thats at 192
                            but i have a few for you to choose from, you can flash any of these you choose

- 192mhz - 1992mhz - Hotplug
                            - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Conservative
                            - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Interactive
                            - 192mhz - 1992mhz - Ondemand

ive been testing different combinations all week and i reccommend Hotplug and Conservative
                            they will scale between intermediate frequencies better and stay that bit cooler
                            interactive and ondemand are more agressive if you like that

the downloads are provided as a standard Boot.img for 108k4
                            and flashable zip available for 109k4 below
                            More variations will be added soon

so to use these as of now you will need to be rooted
                            and the easy method i use is, get Flashify from PlayStore, flash and reboot

Downloads
                            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Flash the ez_root zip, put zip on SD card and flash from recovery To get root if you havent got it already
                            Then flash the image you need using flashify or similar tool

to monitor and change cpu frequency i use
                            Performance control from xda
                            Hello everyone! Performance Control is A CPU Control application bundled with AOKP (created by xoomdev). I started modding and adding features to this application, with educk, few months ago and now we decided to create a dedicated thread...

and monitor temps with CpuTemp from playstore
                            your cpu needs to be kept below 60 degrees or throttling will occur and max cpu will decrease
                            use these kernel patches at your own risk, futher testing needs to be done
                            and you really need a fan or better cooling

as far as i know you can use these with S82, S82b , S89, M8 - amlogic s802 based units
                            if your box can use this fw below, then your good to go

good luck

these set your cpu to

min- 192 MHz
                            max- 1992 MHz

these are hotplug

Download
                            great work!

here i was thinking it was 'Set CPU' app not saving frequencies! you saved me $4 as i was gonna buy antutu cpu control, and give that a go ( if ur in Oz one day i'll buy u a beer! ).
                            I have an s89-h running 108k4 (rooted), does flashify work with a stock recovery? dont feel like bricking it right now lol!

Addy
                            Sent from my Commodore 64 using Geos
                            My devices:
                            Tronsmart Vega S89-H: running stock 104k4 rom, rooted & racky's cpu fix.
                            Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
                            Samsung Galaxy S3: stock until warrany is over lol running JB 4.3 ...
                            HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

yes it works for me, i only have stock recovery installed
                              twrp recovery can be used from the sd card without flashing it, which is really nice if you wanna make a backup first with twrp but still leaving your stock recovery in place.

please only flash the 108k4 kernel, dont flash the 109k4 version on a 108k4 rom
                              you can flash a 108k4 boot kernel on 105k4 rom, but not the 109k4 kernel on 105k4 rom
                              109k4 is not backwards compatable

If you flash the wrong one just re flash the correct one by booting to recovery matchstick in the hole method
                              Ive added 108k4 flashable zips

also flashify dont use the recovery to install IMG files only for flashing zip files
                              Last edited by racky29; 10-03-2014, 17:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X