Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racky29 View Post
    yes it works for me, i only have stock recovery installed
    twrp recovery can be used from the sd card without flashing it, which is really nice if you wanna make a backup first with twrp but still leaving your stock recovery in place.

please only flash the 108k4 kernel, dont flash the 109k4 version on a 108k4 rom
    you can flash a 108k4 boot kernel on 105k4 rom, but not the 109k4 kernel on 105k4 rom
    109k4 is not backwards compatable

If you flash the wrong one just re flash the correct one by booting to recovery matchstick in the hole method
    Ive added 108k4 flashable zips

also flashify dont use the recovery to install IMG files only for flashing zip files
    Thanks Racky... worked a treat, i used the interactive governer file with 108k4... did help bring temps down a bit, but still sitting on 60 degrees at idle, so i rolled back to 104k4. it now sits at 40 degrees.

Is there any change u could make me one of these of 104k4 please , interactive, and on-demand if possible

cheers

Addy
    Sent from my Commodore 64 using Geos
    My devices:
    Tronsmart Vega S89-H: running stock 104k4 rom, rooted & racky's cpu fix.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
    Samsung Galaxy S3: stock until warrany is over lol running JB 4.3 ...
    HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

No probs, I can make one for you. If you can give me the boot.img you want me to change. i can make them ,send me a link of the boot.img

Ive only got a copy of 105k4 boot.img

if you have the rom zip you can get the boot.img from that and post it me

Comment

No probs, I can make one for you. If you can give me the boot.img you want me to change. i can make them ,send me a link of the boot.img

Ive only got a copy of 105k4 boot.img

if you have the rom zip you can get the boot.img from that and post it me
        Hi Paul! Hope ya well?
        I can find a 104k4 img but it's from a finless ROM.
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-1-6-ROM

Pretty sure it'll do the job but I can't comment on bobs permission to modify and distribute. Don't think he'll mind though he did stick the thread....
        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

thanks guys!!
          i also have extracted the boot image (from orig 104k4), but invalid file type to upload as an attachment...

here's my dropbox link: boot.img

cheers

Addy
          Last edited by Addyhash; 10-11-2014, 12:58.
          My devices:
          Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
          HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

ok addy, ill do that now for ya

and ant, you good mate
            did you get anywhere with the kernel source

edit:

ok heres a link to mediafire folder with cpu boot patches
            ive added a full set of flashable zips, signed for use with stock recovery
            all will allow you to change max freq to 1992mhz
            you need to be rooted to change freq

-- stock freq - 96mhz -1608mhz - hotplug - but will allow you to change it to full 1992mhz
            -- 192mhz -1992mhz hotplug
            -- 192mhz -1992mhz ondemand
            -- 192mhz -1992mhz interactive
            -- 192mhz -1992mhz conservative

Download Link
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

good luck
            i used to have 105k4 on my box and my favorites are hotplug and conservative
            if you want to flash with flashify or something similar you can extract the boot.img from the zips and flash them
            flashify lets you flash zips as they are too
            Last edited by racky29; 10-11-2014, 18:25. Reason: added link

Comment

and ant, you good mate
              Good ta mate, apart from the last 2 weeks of mammoth hours I've put in at work Doing some catch up on drinking now got a few weeks worth to consume.... lol

Regarding the kernel, with help from "niabi" we got the other kernel in oman's git to cross compile but the s82_master just wouldn't have it, definitely a problem when the drivers are compiling. I got desperate and even built a Linux only environment (no vbox just ubuntu OS on HD) thinking that could be the problem but no..... Shame really I wanted to make a sweet kernel but for now....?????
              I do think there is another source for oman's newer kernel revisions but maybe closed source / private, don't know????
              Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
              Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

ok addy, ill do that now for ya

and ant, you good mate

edit:

ok heres a link to mediafire folder with cpu boot patches
                ive added a full set of flashable zips, signed for use with stock recovery
                all will allow you to change max freq to 1992mhz
                you need to be rooted to change freq

-- stock freq - 96mhz -1608mhz - hotplug - but will allow you to change it to full 1992mhz
                -- 192mhz -1992mhz hotplug
                -- 192mhz -1992mhz ondemand
                -- 192mhz -1992mhz interactive
                -- 192mhz -1992mhz conservative

Download Link
                MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

good luck
                i used to have 105k4 on my box and my favorites are hotplug and conservative
                if you want to flash with flashify or something similar you can extract the boot.img from the zips and flash them
                flashify lets you flash zips as they are too
                cheers you are a legend!
                My devices:

Comment

Can I ask

1. How much more responsive is it to normal stock settings
                  2. Temps how much warmer is it compare to stock on average

Great work missed this thread some how
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                    Can I ask

1. How much more responsive is it to normal stock settings
                    2. Temps how much warmer is it compare to stock on average

Great work missed this thread some how
                    i backflashed from 108 to 104 b/c 108 ran 20 degrees higher by cpu temp app but heatsink on unit is cold... i find rackys ineractive file runs at 40 -55 on 104 k4 i use set cpu to set frequencies to 1800 interactve... not 100 % working it still sometimes reverts to 1600 hotplug... might try trickster to control it ...

look at my modds haha
                    My devices:

Comment

unfortunatly most of these s802 boxes have really bad cooling
                      if you aint got a fan or really good heatsink, your faced with thottling
                      when the cpu temp hits 60 degrees or above, the Cpu and Gpu levels decrease
                      when it goes over 80 degrees it will be sluggish

so addy might be hitting a temp range that knoks him down to 1608
                      even though the kernel max is unlocked, we cant do anything about the thermal throttling
                      hi temps will knock the cpu and gpu levels down regarless

i supose the thermal trottling could be tweaked, but i think that would be taking too much of a risk, fried chips and melted boxes

but if you have a fan your box will happily run at max 1992mhz all day long
                      i played asphalt 8 the other day, and my temps didnt go above around 56 degrees mark
                      so i stayed below the 60 degrees threshold and my box ran happy on 1992mhz
                      which was a good test for i, the graph on cputemp was maxed out 1992

and before i had the fan, the cpu level went as low as 800mhz, which meant the gpu was lowered too,

so i wouldnt recommend pushing it to max without cooling, it will run poor

Comment

unfortunatly most of these s802 boxes have really bad cooling
                        if you aint got a fan or really good heatsink, your faced with thottling
                        when the cpu temp hits 60 degrees or above, the Cpu and Gpu levels decrease
                        when it goes over 80 degrees it will be sluggish

so addy might be hitting a temp range that knoks him down to 1608
                        even though the kernel max is unlocked, we cant do anything about the thermal throttling
                        hi temps will knock the cpu and gpu levels down regarless

i supose the thermal trottling could be tweaked, but i think that would be taking too much of a risk, fried chips and melted boxes

but if you have a fan your box will happily run at max 1992mhz all day long
                        i played asphalt 8 the other day, and my temps didnt go above around 56 degrees mark
                        so i stayed below the 60 degrees threshold and my box ran happy on 1992mhz
                        which was a good test for i, the graph on cputemp was maxed out 1992

and before i had the fan, the cpu level went as low as 800mhz, which meant the gpu was lowered too,

so i wouldnt recommend pushing it to max without cooling, it will run poor
                        didn't u see my dropbox link... she's fanned up, vent holes, and also external wfi antenna too!
                        I've still gotta put some cpu paste under the heatsink... but sits calmly at 45 degrees mostly.

installed trickster and so far frequencies are sticking ! more fluid streaming movies now!

thanks again for writing me a104k4 version much appreciated!
                        My devices:

Comment

Nice one Addy, just looked at your pic, loving the mods people have done
                          I haven't changed my heatsink, I just slapped a small 40mm fan on top of the heatsink
                          It sits idle at 35 degrees, which I'm really pleased with
                          Its a 12v fan wired to the board which is supplying 5v, so the fan is only half the speed so it really quiet
                          But I've still gotta cut my lid up yet

I've found some circuits for fan speed control, and I've bought some components,, so I'm gonna build a circuit that adjusts fan speed to the temperature, and a 5v fan for the job too

Comment

Nice one Addy, just looked at your pic, loving the mods people have done
                            I haven't changed my heatsink, I just slapped a small 40mm fan on top of the heatsink
                            It sits idle at 35 degrees, which I'm really pleased with
                            Its a 12v fan wired to the board which is supplying 5v, so the fan is only half the speed so it really quiet
                            But I've still gotta cut my lid up yet

I've found some circuits for fan speed control, and I've bought some components,, so I'm gonna build a circuit that adjusts fan speed to the temperature, and a 5v fan for the job too

all you need is potentionmeter pot under 1 dollar it varies the resistance and hence the speed controller.

or a better solution is pulse fan mod using a 555 chip 1 resistor and 1 cap for under 2 dollars no circuit board need either just some heat shrink tube or electrical tap to insulate the 3 components.
                            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                              all you need is potentionmeter pot under 1 dollar it varies the resistance and hence the speed controller.

or a better solution is pulse fan mod using a 555 chip 1 resistor and 1 cap for under 2 dollars no circuit board need either just some heat shrink tube or electrical tap to insulate the 3 components.
                              mine is a 5v ceramic bearing fan... soldered to an old nokia mobile phone charger i had lying around...
                              i currently have the airlow into the unit and coming out the 2 vent holes i drilled...

Addy
                              My devices:

Comment

Working...
                              X