Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply.

I did read the instructions.

I even downloaded the file twice in case it was corrupted at first.

I extracted the files, put them on an SD card, and followed every step to the letter.

It hangs on the update and does not install.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
      Thanks for the reply.

I did read the instructions.

I even downloaded the file twice in case it was corrupted at first.

I extracted the files, put them on an SD card, and followed every step to the letter.

It hangs on the update and does not install.
      I in no way an trying to say that you didn't do it right and if you thought that than I am sorry. I will download it and see if I see anything out of the ordinary as I am not running it. I am on 2.0a and will wait until Bob build another custom rom before i flash. 2.0a is working great for me and I'm not seeing anything on the update that i have to have right away. I like Bob's custom touch rather than the stock updates.

Comment

Updated responce

Response to Bakerbarber
        I'm not sure How versed or famialiar you are with flashing on the Minix neo x8/x8H so I am going to explain this as of you are a noob, please don't get offended.
        1.First thing I have to ask is, was the SD card that you used formated to fat 32? If not than back up anything you may have on it and put it into your PC. Then find it in your "My Computer" folder and right click on it and chose format. On the format tool pick "format fat 32" and then start.
        2.The next thing is where you put the files at. If you are using the Minix box to transfer the files use a file browser like "ES file explorer", if you used your PC to download and unzipped the update, the next step is the same.
        3.You need to put these 3 files "factory_update_param.aml", "Minix_x8_stock_003.zip" and "recovery.img" on the root of the SD card that you formated to fat 32. That Just means you will put all 3 files on the SD card out in the open and not in any folders.
        4.Once that is done you put the SD card in your SD card slot, if it is not already there. I would open the file browser on the Minix to make sure all 3 files are there just to be on the safe side.
        5.You then just reboot into recovery and it should do is magic all on it's own. That's what the param.aml file is for, it boots into recovery and flashs the other 2 files along with a few other things. Sometimes it goes to recovery and doesn't flash. In this case you will have to manually chose install and find the update zip on SD card and manually flash. I found this usually only happens when using the update tool app in the rom. Then when done reboot to system.
        If this didn't work for You I don't know what to tell you.
        Good luck, I hope this helps in some way for you.
        Last edited by glockman4519; 03-25-2015, 23:32. Reason: Response to Bakerbarber

Comment

I'll do it again.

Only thing I'm not 100% sure is the format of the SD card. So I'll triple check that.

When I tried it last, and inserted it into the Minix, the SD card got new files written to it from the box. Not too sure if that matters.

Thanks again for the detailed reply.

Comment

I really hope it helps you out. I wish there was more I could do to help you out. I am sticking with 2.0a until there is a custom rom out by Bob and it will be worth the wait.

Comment

I figured out my problem.

It's quite embarrassing. I have an X7 not an X8. That's why it wouldn't flash.

I'm so mortified. It's the dumbest thing I've done in a long while.

Regardless, I do appreciate the help glockman4519!

Comment

I used to be able to power on from USB using my K400 keyboard (with the initial shipped firmware) now after update I cannot. Any info on a solution for this? Or should I just go back to the shipped rom for this feature? Thanks!

Comment

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble (pulling my hair out) trying to root a Minix X8-h.
                  I thought this ROM might be rooted, but just installed it and found it not to be the case.
                  I had update 006 on it, but when I tried rooting it using a recommended update ( http://www.minixforum.com/threads/pa...-pc-needed.95/ )
                  It installed Superuser (koush) but would not allow me to run many programs, and any that did run, were denied Superuser.
                  I tried to install SuperSU and disabled superuser, but that wasn't possible either.
                  So, I looked around that forum, which led me back to here, and to this ROM.
                  Is there a root update for this ROM?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Turvy View Post
                    So, I looked around that forum, which led me back to here, and to this ROM.
                    Is there a root update for this ROM?
                    Thanks.
                    Yes, I have this rom and the update scripts from that same post you pointed to work on this one. I was actually looking into installing the full 006 image on my minix today, is that what you did and root doesn't work anymore? I was looking into updating it because 003 is a little bit behind in updates by now but I may have to stick with it if root isn't working on 006.

Comment

Hello Finless,
                      First of, the installation of the ROM went super smoothly, thanks for the awesome job.
                      My main reason to install the ROM (in addition to your tweaks) was to fix the IR shut down/wake up issue discussed in the topic : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...with-ir-remote. Before you closed it, you confirmed that you managed to fix it.
                      I tested it and for me I still have the same issue, I can turn off using the IR remote but it cannot wake up with the IR Remote.
                      Can you confirm the fix is indeed in FW003 and I might just be out of luck?
                      Thanks a lot,
                      Regards,
                      Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X