Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart s89 - Micro-stutter/Choppiness from video playback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tronsmart s89 - Micro-stutter/Choppiness from video playback

    I have just received the s89 recently, and overall the performance is fantastic. However, I've experienced micro-stutter/choppiness when playing videos (mainly x264 mkv) that are 1080p and 720p. It happens at certain parts while playing the video.

    I used the following video players:
    • mxplayer
    • bsplayer
    • xbmc player


    I also tried applying the Finless Rom 1.3 to see if there were any improvements with the video playback. Still had the same issue.

    I have heard users had these problems with other android boxes (using rockchip for example), but I was not anticipating this happening on the s89. I'm curious on whether anyone beside me is experiencing this and whether there is a fix for it. Surely this has to be a software issue. I would appreciate some help on this, its really bugging me

    #2
    Maybe push up the minimum frequency:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-AnTuTu-result
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

    MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

    RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

    Comment


      #3
      I installed antutu CPU master and overclocked the minimum frequency. The stutter is still there.

      Comment


        #4
        You play the video from USB HDD or local file or NAS?

        Eric
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          You play the video from USB HDD or local file or NAS?

          Eric
          I think like Eric.
          Copy your movie in SDCARD, and try in local...

          In my case, it s perfect with my Syno + XBMC in NFS protocol.
          Best android box to play HD movie for now!

          @Eric, could you ask to dev to insert nfs, cifs support with kernel? It ll be great to use NAS/MX player with big movie. Thx.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
            @Eric, could you ask to dev to insert nfs, cifs support with kernel? It ll be great to use NAS/MX player with big movie. Thx.
            +1
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

            MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

            RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

            Comment


              #7
              @Eric

              I tried several 1080p mkv X264 over the network (samba) and they have choppy playback a certain parts while video playback.

              I tried playing it several 1080 x264 mkv movies on a connected hard drive; has the same issue.

              Played a 1080p x264 mkv sample from the sd card; has the same issue.

              Comment


                #8
                can you supply the 1080p sample you tried please? ie: upload it to a file share service.

                then we can look at it and see if it is the encoding, high bitrate etc.

                or download and run mediainfo and post the result here please.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thats a software related issue thats for sure ...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by farhan View Post
                    @Eric

                    I tried several 1080p mkv X264 over the network (samba) and they have choppy playback a certain parts while video playback.

                    I tried playing it several 1080 x264 mkv movies on a connected hard drive; has the same issue.

                    Played a 1080p x264 mkv sample from the sd card; has the same issue.
                    Never see that on mine. It s related to your files movies.
                    This android device is the best ever i have ever seen to play hd movies

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Issue resolved!

                      Hey guys,

                      Figured out why the videos had a slight choppiness. It's because on my tv (parasonic), I have the intelligent frame creation feature set to high, which makes the all video playback on the tv smoother.

                      Now this feature interferes with the video playback slightly with the Tronsmart s89, which causes the stutter at certain parts of the video, so this the issue was not related to the Tronsmart. It must not like the high setting for the intelligent frame creation, which is weird because my bluray player plays hd videos fine with intelligent frame creation set to high.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Intelligent frame creation tech (as well as Samsung Motion Plus and others brands) needs sync signal from source to work properly. So, as long as S89/XBMC won't handle 24p/Vsync there will be stutters, already noticeable without frame creation, just amplified by it...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by farhan View Post
                          Hey guys,

                          Figured out why the videos had a slight choppiness. It's because on my tv (parasonic), I have the intelligent frame creation feature set to high, which makes the all video playback on the tv smoother.

                          Now this feature interferes with the video playback slightly with the Tronsmart s89, which causes the stutter at certain parts of the video, so this the issue was not related to the Tronsmart. It must not like the high setting for the intelligent frame creation, which is weird because my bluray player plays hd videos fine with intelligent frame creation set to high.
                          I have switch off all crappy effect of my LCD... just marketing... it s give a lot of troubles, and an ugly unatural view

                          Comment


                            #14
                            THANKS

                            Originally posted by farhan View Post
                            Hey guys,

                            Figured out why the videos had a slight choppiness. It's because on my tv (parasonic), I have the intelligent frame creation feature set to high, which makes the all video playback on the tv smoother.

                            Now this feature interferes with the video playback slightly with the Tronsmart s89, which causes the stutter at certain parts of the video, so this the issue was not related to the Tronsmart. It must not like the high setting for the intelligent frame creation, which is weird because my bluray player plays hd videos fine with intelligent frame creation set to high.
                            WOW

                            I ended up by chance on that thread... And you made my day.

                            Weeks that I can't find why i get slutter while watching movies from my NAS thru my Tronsmart T428.
                            I installed a rom well known for its performance (justXMBC), as well as a massively overclocked kernel... And it has changed nothing

                            Thank to you, i disable the motion plus on my Philips TV... and MIRACLE !
                            I was near to buy a Intel NUC... you saved me from spending 250€...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Kastoi View Post
                              WOW

                              I ended up by chance on that thread... And you made my day.

                              Weeks that I can't find why i get slutter while watching movies from my NAS thru my Tronsmart T428.
                              I installed a rom well known for its performance (justXMBC), as well as a massively overclocked kernel... And it has changed nothing

                              Thank to you, i disable the motion plus on my Philips TV... and MIRACLE !
                              I was near to buy a Intel NUC... you saved me from spending 250€...
                              Hi Kastoi, no problem. Glad I could assist .

                              But I wish it worked properly with intelligent frame creation . Is it possible for finless to add a option for 24hz 1080p on his rom? It only allows you to choose 4k with 24hz.
                              Last edited by farhan; 05-16-2014, 02:30.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X