Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) working on S89 (s802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) working on S89 (s802)

just letting you guys know that lollipop works on this box,probably any s802 box for that matter.

the trick is to flash matricoms boot.img (pulled from their firmware) in TWRP after you flash a .img firmware with the USB burning tool.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...ENxakpweFRaRHM

flash a S812 lollipop rom with USB burning tool
    copy abduls TWRP recovery (k200) and matricoms boot.img to external SD card
    load abduls TWRP recovery on external SD card with toothpick method
    in TWRP flash image (boot.img) from external sdcard to boot
    reboot

first load takes a while, but it will boot, be patient.

firmwares i tried that worked.
    MXIII-G_101L1
    MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart
    Tronsmart MXIII Plus_102L1_150812

x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2
    boots,but WiFi,Bluetooth,Ethernet all dont work, so its useless

You can probably flash other WiFi drivers as well if WiFi isn't working right.

Comment

I try this on my vega s89 but failed to flash boot.img
      do you have any idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanrandjelovic View Post
        I try this on my vega s89 but failed to flash boot.img
        do you have any idea.
        I had the same problem - I was trying to flash a Beelink S82 (MBOX?) from 4.4.2 KK to 5.1 Lollipop.
        I was able to load the Tronsmart MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart.img via the the Amlogic USB tool, but it would just hang at bootup.
        I stumbled on this post and tried Dope101 suggested, running into the same problem you did that boot.img could not be flashed.

The problem was that cache and data folders weren't mounting correctly. I was able to use Abdul's recovery image to get TWRP to load, and from there I chose "Wipe" -> "Advanced Wipe" and then selected "cache", chose "Change Filesystem" from EXT4 to FAT, then chose "Repair". I then changed it back to EXT4 and did another repair (maybe this was unnecessary?). I did the same for "data".
        Once I had done this, I was able to load the boot.img to the boot partition with success.

My Beelink S82 (802 chipset) is now rocking Android 5.1.1, and WiFi works great!

Thanks to this forum post - much appreciated!

Comment

Now it works on my vega s89. After nine unsuccessful attempts next one was successful. Everything works great and my device has 39766 score in antutu. Before this even youtube was rubish. Wifi is great now. Thanks for this post

Comment

Now it works on my vega s89. After nine unsuccessful attempts next one was successful. Everything works great and my device has 39766 score in antutu. Before this even youtube was rubish. Wifi is great now. Thanks for this post
            Is this valid for the tronsmart vega s89-h? If so can you make a tutorial to do it? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by farpudo View Post

Is this valid for the tronsmart vega s89-h? If so can you make a tutorial to do it? Thanks
              It works, i have used the mix of previous posts and flashed the firmware:

Firmware details
              Archive: New firmware 108L1 for MXIII Plus_20160604
              Model: Tronsmart MXIII Plus TV Box
              Image file size: 843 MB
              Platform: Amlogic S812
              Image: Tronsmart MXIII Plus_108L1_160604 / Tronsmart MXIII Plus_108L1_SD_160604 – MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart.img / n200-ota-20160601.zip
              Inside archive: firmware + factory_update_param.aml + recovery.img
              Build number: Tronsmart/n200/n200:5.1.1/LMY47V/20160601:user/test-keys
              First followed this steps but when flashing boot.img there is some errors when mounting partitions:

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post
              just letting you guys know that lollipop works on this box,probably any s802 box for that matter.

the trick is to flash matricoms boot.img (pulled from their firmware) in TWRP after you flash a .img firmware with the USB burning tool.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...ENxakpweFRaRHM

flash a S812 lollipop rom with USB burning tool
              copy abduls TWRP recovery (k200) and matricoms boot.img to external SD card
              load abduls TWRP recovery on external SD card with toothpick method
              in TWRP flash image (boot.img) from external sdcard to boot
              reboot

first load takes a while, but it will boot, be patient.

firmwares i tried that worked.
              MXIII-G_101L1
              MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart
              Tronsmart MXIII Plus_102L1_150812

x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2
              boots,but WiFi,Bluetooth,Ethernet all dont work, so its useless
              Then i followed the instructions :

Originally posted by mattlear View Post

I had the same problem - I was trying to flash a Beelink S82 (MBOX?) from 4.4.2 KK to 5.1 Lollipop.
              I was able to load the Tronsmart MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart.img via the the Amlogic USB tool, but it would just hang at bootup.
              I stumbled on this post and tried Dope101 suggested, running into the same problem you did that boot.img could not be flashed.

The problem was that cache and data folders weren't mounting correctly. I was able to use Abdul's recovery image to get TWRP to load, and from there I chose "Wipe" -> "Advanced Wipe" and then selected "cache", chose "Change Filesystem" from EXT4 to FAT, then chose "Repair". I then changed it back to EXT4 and did another repair (maybe this was unnecessary?). I did the same for "data".
              Once I had done this, I was able to load the boot.img to the boot partition with success.

My Beelink S82 (802 chipset) is now rocking Android 5.1.1, and WiFi works great!

Thanks to this forum post - much appreciated!
              And it works OK!

Notes:
              • Make all steps at once without trying to boot up into system. Only enter in recovery and only start the system when all the previous steps are done.
              • Just a reminder to load twrp from sdcard don't forget to rename to recovery.img
              • Use tha latest twrp available for k200 devices
              • Use the latest USB Burning tool

Comment

Originally posted by farpudo View Post

And it works OK!

Notes:
                • Make all steps at once without trying to boot up into system. Only enter in recovery and only start the system when all the previous steps are done.
                • Just a reminder to load twrp from sdcard don't forget to rename to recovery.img
                • Use tha latest twrp available for k200 devices
                • Use the latest USB Burning tool

This is important.

If you try to boot first without intaling matricom boot, the system create wrong partitions and you failed to instal boot.img later then you need to repair partitions with twrp or repeat the whole process again. Make all steps at once.

Now one question for all who have installed this rom: Do you have trouble with reboot, shut down or suspend device? For me everything i press reboot device. Only when i press power button on device suspend device. But i can't power on device again with remote or button i need to unplug power and reconect again. This is only bug for me.

Comment

This is important.

If you try to boot first without intaling matricom boot, the system create wrong partitions and you failed to instal boot.img later then you need to repair partitions with twrp or repeat the whole process again. Make all steps at once.

Now one question for all who have installed this rom: Do you have trouble with reboot, shut down or suspend device? For me everything i press reboot device. Only when i press power button on device suspend device. But i can't power on device again with remote or button i need to unplug power and reconect again. This is only bug for me.
                  Yeah, the system always reboot, but i can live with that

Comment

For my Beelink s82, I've noticed that the device occasionally freezes. I have to hard reset it. It's usually stuck on the clock screen saver.

Comment

Originally posted by mattlear View Post
                      For my Beelink s82, I've noticed that the device occasionally freezes. I have to hard reset it. It's usually stuck on the clock screen saver.
                      Same here, that was problem with first kitkat roms, it is due to cpu clock at 96mhz it is not enough to wake up device. We have some problems here rom is factory rooted but with matricom boot it has no root and i don't want to try root because it can brick the device( we don't know what have we done with this mix of roms and boot.img ). We need help of some serious developer. But if they help us and box is running great ,then we will not buy new boxes. So

Comment

Hi,

Is it possible to flash the S812 lollipop rom with SD card method instead USB method?

Regards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drimpresion View Post
                          Hi,

Is it possible to flash the S812 lollipop rom with SD card method instead USB method?

Regards!!!
                          Yes , you need boot card maker.

Comment

Hi,

I tried the fantastic step-by-step instructions and got stuck in the last part. TWRP 2.8.5.1 gives only a blue screen, but 2.8.5.0 works. However, when installing the boot.img it wants to verify the MD5 sum, but I have no file. I tried to make my own, but maybe sum or formatting is not correct, since it tells me "no match". Online they say there should be an option to disable it, but I guess it's in newer versions that don't run on k200. How did you guys solve this? Any tips or workarounds for this?

Thanks!
                            André

Comment

Originally posted by andr3 View Post
                              Hi,

I tried the fantastic step-by-step instructions and got stuck in the last part. TWRP 2.8.5.1 gives only a blue screen, but 2.8.5.0 works. However, when installing the boot.img it wants to verify the MD5 sum, but I have no file. I tried to make my own, but maybe sum or formatting is not correct, since it tells me "no match". Online they say there should be an option to disable it, but I guess it's in newer versions that don't run on k200. How did you guys solve this? Any tips or workarounds for this?

Thanks!
                              André
                              You can disable MD5 validation on the options of twrp. try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X