Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus - problem with wifi signal reception

Hi!
    I recently orederd MK808B Plus stick and I'm very satisfied with this little device.
    But I have problem with wifi signal reception. When the stick is near the router it works jus fine.
    But when I moved stick into another location (10 meters from router) the transfers speed drops rapidly. It gets impossible to watch any kind of video streaming (kodi, youtube).
    Is there any fix for antenna, maybe USB antenna or something like this?
    The net is full with old MK808 antenna fixes but with this new one I can't find any fixes...
    P.S. Sory for my bad gringo english!

You can unsnap the stick and pull the antenna out just like on the old MK808's.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: MK808B Plus - problem with wifi signal reception

Ok, inside look like this:

http://imgur.com/4OoEu9q
      You are talking about this black wire to pull out?
      Last edited by kolibri; 01-09-2015, 07:18.

Comment

@kolibri did you try to do anything with the antenna. My wifi reception is also terrible only getting between 5 and 135Mbps

Comment

I'm a little afraid of such experiment but definetly I have to do something because momentaly wifi reception is very bad. I bought this stick for my brother but the router is to far from tv. In my house, when the stick is near the router it works perfectly!
          I have to say that this little beast works excellent with Kodi. No stuttering, no lag, no crushes... Amlogic S805 way better than RK3188 chip.

Comment

Originally posted by dominoman View Post
            @kolibri did you try to do anything with the antenna. My wifi reception is also terrible only getting between 5 and 135Mbps
            In my stick wifi connection was terribly speed only 5Mbps and weak signals . Purely non invasion solutions is:
            1. Change the wifi router mode from N (150Mbps or higher) to G (54Mbps) - chipset in this device (AP6210) achieves only the speed 72,5Mbps - real in most routers 65Mpbs in N mode. In G mode (54Mbps) signal is stronger and more sensitivity.
            2. Move avay tv stick from the wall a few centimeters.
            3. If you live in an apartment building find clean 2.4 ghz channel - channel number 6 is always busy with other devices (default settings).

Invasion solutions is disconnected the original antenna and soldered connector pigtail with RPSMA and connected to the 5dBi antenna from the router. My unit was badly soldered antenna cables.

After applying all these solutions (invasion and non invasion) I have good signal quality 36-54Mbps - as in other devices such as a laptop or phone - distance of 10 meters by 2 thick walls.
            Last edited by szympek1234; 01-19-2015, 22:24.

Comment

I have the same issues with reception.
              I cant even watch a youtube video in 720 p - and wifi can drop as low, as to make
              even normal surfing hard ...
              Did anyone try to use an external wifi-stick connected to an usb hub?
              Are there drivers implemented into any rom for the mk808b plus?

Does any rom do better concerning wifi than others?
              Thanks!

Comment

The thing I find strange is that when you connect first I get a strong connection of 65Mbps, but after a short while it drops to 5Mbps, then if you turn off/turn on Wi-Fi it jumps back up

Comment

As mentioned before, open the case of the MK808b plus, follow the black antenna wire to the back of the board. Check to make sure it is soldered to the ANT pad. There have been reports that the antenna was soldered to both the GND and ANT pad making the antenna useless.

You can even go as far as cutting a 12cm long solid copper wire and soldering it directly to the ANT pad.

I am knew here and not sure what the policies are for linking to other forums and sites, but if you Google "MK808b wifi fix" you will find your answer

Comment

But it looks like that mk808b (dual core) and mk808b plus (quad) are differnet.
                    Above is picture of mk808b plus motherboard. The antenna wire is soldered to one point on the motherboard and is very difficult to access this point because of usb port...

Comment

Originally posted by kolibri View Post
                      But it looks like that mk808b (dual core) and mk808b plus (quad) are differnet.
                      Above is picture of mk808b plus motherboard. The antenna wire is soldered to one point on the motherboard and is very difficult to access this point because of usb port...
                      The picture is taken from the top view. Once you remove the bottom plastic piece you will see where the antenna is soldered. There is lots of room once you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCRX View Post
                        As mentioned before, open the case of the MK808b plus, follow the black antenna wire to the back of the board. Check to make sure it is soldered to the ANT pad. There have been reports that the antenna was soldered to both the GND and ANT pad making the antenna useless.

You can even go as far as cutting a 12cm long solid copper wire and soldering it directly to the ANT pad.

I am knew here and not sure what the policies are for linking to other forums and sites, but if you Google "MK808b wifi fix" you will find your answer
                        Thanks m8 seen that already,
                        it is soldered to both but its supposed to be i.e antenna wire goes to ANT and outer shield goes to GND, its if they are touching that causes the problem,

In my case it looks like thats whats happening but I've bricked mine now anyway so its a mute point at this stage

Comment

BTW: do you use any wireless keyboard/mouse? If yes, try to use an USB-HUB or USB-extension-cord to place the 2.4GHz USB-dongle as fare as possible away from the device to avoid interferences with the 2.4GHz wifi...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi to all from Croatia!
                            Today I tried folow this instructions and opened the stick. But during the fight with screwdriver and stick I accidentaly broke one pin on standard USB port.
                            Can I this fix somehow? Or order a replacement USB port? What type and from where?
                            Or can I use mini usb otg port and one usb hub to connect wifi mouse dongle and external usb hdd?
                            Btw, it's true, antenna is soldered together with ANT and GND pin. Tomorow I will go to mine friend to disconnect the wire from GND pin.

Comment

Today, i have unsoldered GND and leaved just ANT soldered. But no use of that. Bad reception again.
                              This 12 cm wire you are talking about... should I connect one end of wire to ANT and another end to GND or can I just solder one end of wire to ANT and pull ther rest of wire outside of the case?

Comment

Working...
                              X