MXV with MK808B Plus Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LosMontons View Post
    Hello to all, I'm a new entry and I need a reply to a simple question for you (I suppose that mwp1 is the candidate). I'm an owner of Chiptrick MXV S805 1GB and I'm trying to making read it the SD card where I've loaded Openelec ISO. I made these steps:
    downloaded OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-5.95.5.2.img from http://s805.eu/releases/5.95.5.2/SD/
    downloaded win32diskimager http://sourceforge.net/projects/win3...files/Archive/
    Starting win32diskimager, selecting the .img file, I've written the micro SD that from its capacity of 32GB became 256Mb.
    The content of the microSD is:
    factory_update_param.aml (--update_package=/sdcard/OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-5.95.5.2-bootloader.zip)
    kernel.img
    recovery.img
    SYSTEM
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-5.95.5.2-bootloader.zip

Now on MXV I've installed two applications that allow to reboot the box in recovery mode and if I try without microSD box restarts correctly in recovery mode (greeen robot with option recovery fromADB and EXT, reboot now, etc ...) while with SD it doesn't happen anything. I suppose that there is something among files that can't work, is it the recovery.img? I tried downloading another recovery.img but without success.
    I've tried also changing the content of the file factory_update_param.aml with --update_package=/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/OpenELEC-.... I've change the directory looking how the app ES Explorer shows the microSD. Also this time without success.

Could you please help me? Thank you in advance for the reply.
    Boot into recovery mode and then flash the bootloader .zip (OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-5.95.5.2-bootloader.zip)

Comment

Thank you for the replay but I want to "run" Openel from SD card without touching the box.

While you were wrinting I was adding this to my post:

.....Could you please help me? Thank you in advance for the reply.

Edit: 2015-01-05 :
      Finally replacing the file recovery.img with another one (trwp) it started with openelec. I have to press the button below the case that act like the pin to push "somewhere" in these boxes.
      But during several tries I crashed the box (I suppose the bootloader) I mean I've created a bootable SD card with the image of OpenELEC-Amlogic.MK808B.Plus.arm-5.95.5.2.img and it doesn't started (I knew that it wonìt started but I wanted to see the behaviour of the box). Now I need to take pressed the power button otherwise the box shutdown. Knowing that one time that it is started I can "power off" with the remote control that leave the box in a stand-by mode.
      Have you a suggestion how to fix it without flashing a rom againg?
      Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by cassioac View Post

Hi mwp1
        How did you manage to install Openelec on MXV
        Whenever I try to install it to NAND, I must keep pressing the power button the whole time while flashing (or it turns turn off as soon as I release the power button), also after it flashes successfully, power button must be kept pressed as well or it turns off briefly after I press it to turn the device on, doesn't matter if booting from NAND or SDCARD.

Did you run into this kind of trouble with your MXV?

Which steps did you take to make it work?

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem but this fixed it for me so might be worth a try...
        Get a USB Male to Male and plug one end in port 1 USB and the other into port 4 USB, when I do that, the box stays on even if the power button isnt held down. As soon as i unplug one end of the USB, the box turns off. I have no idea why this works.

Comment

Working...
        X