Bricked M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked M8S+

In another post I described a problem with Kodi shutting down and sending me back to the home page. I decided to load the new Lolipop 5.1.1 firmware to see if it would help. The upgrade started out well, but then terminated after erasing the previous firmware. Now the box turns on via toothpick method but only goes as far as the boot screen. I have tried loading numerous firmwares via SD card, bootcard maker and USB burning tool, all to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Success!! After almost a week of searching and reading all over the net, I found my solution on Stane's site. I made a bootable SD card with the USB burning tool image for the M8s+ , uboot bin and aml_sdc_burn.ini on it. Used the toothpick method and restored the unit. So far Kodi working very well. Many thanks to all those ,such as Stane who spend the time to research and make this info available.

Comment

That's great news.

Do you mind providing some more information:
      1. Were you able to get Lollipop working or you had to revert back to Kit Kat image?
      2. Which Kit Kat image did you end up using? Can you share the link or the source of the image..

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by m8splusUser View Post
        That's great news.

Do you mind providing some more information:
        1. Were you able to get Lollipop working or you had to revert back to Kit Kat image?
        2. Which Kit Kat image did you end up using? Can you share the link or the source of the image..

Thanks in advance!!
        I have not retried Lolipop. I made a bootable SD card using Amlogic SD Card Maker. Used a uboot bin from M8S+ aml_sdc_burn.ini. I used the image for the USB burning tool from

Comment

Hi was wondering if you ran kodi on openelec or android for this box? Also have you had problem with stuck on logo while booting the box?

Thanks in advance

Comment

me too on my m8s+, did working for a couple a days, thats the strangest thing

Comment

THE last update is still not hanging .....

Comment

Working...
              X