Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricked OTT TV BOX M8S

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Sorry, i need to make it, worked for 10 min without doing anything, i install aida32 this ar the specs, now still stuck on boot logo

    Comment


      #47
      I have a m8s that I tried updating and have managed to brick attached are the shots of the board and the results of the attempted update.

      I just want to use this as a media player as it will live in my car but stupidly tried to update it and broke it a few days before we are due to go away.

      Please help

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Hman205 View Post
        I have a m8s that I tried updating and have managed to brick attached are the shots of the board and the results of the attempted update.

        I just want to use this as a media player as it will live in my car but stupidly tried to update it and broke it a few days before we are due to go away.

        Please help
        If the error persists if you trying to reflash it again? Have you tried to download this firmware again or just another power supply?

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by redliquid View Post

          If the error persists if you trying to reflash it again? Have you tried to download this firmware again or just another power supply?
          I have redownloaded the flash and tried again same result.

          The M8s is connected via USB to My Surface Pro4 Win 10 via USB and has its PSU connected.

          it gets to 96% of Downloading system quite quickly then Errors with the same error as before
          Last edited by Hman205; 08-06-2018, 00:53.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Hman205 View Post

            I have redownloaded the flash and tried again same result.

            The M8s is connected via USB to My Surface Pro4 Win 10 via USB and has its PSU connected.

            it gets to 96% of Downloading system quite quickly then Errors with the same error as before
            What do you mean by "quite quickly" ? 10 seconds or two minutes?

            Comment


              #51
              2 mins I did actually get it to complete by pulsing the refresh button on the USB Burning tool when it got to 95% and it eventually completed but the box still doesn't appear to do anything

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Hman205 View Post
                2 mins I did actually get it to complete by pulsing the refresh button on the USB Burning tool when it got to 95% and it eventually completed but the box still doesn't appear to do anything
                Can you provide a picture of your device? Brand etc. What file you're trying to upload?

                Comment


                  #53
                  I am using the 8.6 image file you posted earlier in this thread

                  cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Ok so still no blue light apart from a tiny flash as I put the power in
                    it doesn’t display anything on the tv screen but my pc still sees it with the usb burn tool.

                    I applied the cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img
                    Firmware and when it got to 96% I kept pressing refresh until it sauid the image completed successfully

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Hman205 View Post
                      Ok so still no blue light apart from a tiny flash as I put the power in
                      it doesn’t display anything on the tv screen but my pc still sees it with the usb burn tool.

                      I applied the cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img
                      Firmware and when it got to 96% I kept pressing refresh until it sauid the image completed successfully
                      Please take a look at this thread: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...d-w-o-ethernet

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by redliquid View Post

                        This firmware should work with wifi and bluetooth:
                        https://mega.nz/#!ZJJ0kLjC!Ur-8oOmga...gK5UfmCaGa68pQ

                        If not, try this - SD Card method should start, when device is booting properly:
                        https://mega.nz/#!9d5ywa6S!mW7scmK3N...HDYv7e_y5_a300
                        I got this old m8s box from a friend that was bricked and this post above worked for me (thank you redliquid and hipisxbit ! )

                        I have a board with version M8 V8_9 20151031 that was rebooting after the logo. Booting to recovery wasn't fully working (after a start with the reset pin pressed it would show a yellow 'rebooting' text left below of the screen and then indeed reboot) Upgrading with the entertainmentbox firmware didn't solve the issue (only changed the logo).

                        I used the firmware of the first link and put in on a SD card with the program Burn Card Maker program. Then booted with the pin pressed and it started upgrading successfully.
                        The box now works with WiFi.
                        Though I'm not sure what to do next with the box. Maybe upgrade to a higher Android version (any suggestions for a firmware?)

                        my board:
                        Last edited by Weslyth; 10-04-2020, 11:38.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X