Bricked M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked M8S+

Hello, I have bricked M8S+ (wrong Openelec) and now no sign of life on it (LED is dead). I have ap6330 wifi.
    Please, which recovery firmware I need and what method to use?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Comment

use the second method with usb burnTool http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ial#post553667

or find the right recovery image First method would be quicker Simpler
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

1) method with SD card - no sign of life
        2) method with USB tool: Box recognized, but whatever I do it stops at 2%. Image used: "M8S+ 4.4 0713 USB Burning" and "M8S+ USB 20160115 burn(android5.1)"

I also tried all images I could find... still I have a completely dead chinese piece of shit! got darn!

Last edited by dankec; 04-09-2016, 21:31.

Comment

have you tried shorting out pins?

Comment

what version usb burntool?

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

2.0.6.3 i think....

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                2.0.6.3 i think....
                First of all - give us PCB photos (both sides). There are dozens of clones. Sometimes one firmware will be ok, sometimes other. I had the same problem as you are (you can read all my posts), but on different device (M8S (without +)).
                Last edited by redliquid; 04-10-2016, 18:53.

Comment

dankec drop down to v2.0.5.15 build9 and use the the image supplied by me in the m8 knowledge and turturials or the probox img 99.9% will recover you box also try use usb 2 if possible

JustMe

Comment

Here's my PCB:

There is: M9&M8_8bit_V1.1 2015/09/2 and M8+20160126-V13 sign on the board

Justme, could you give me link to that specific firmware which should work?

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                      Here's my PCB:

There is: M9&M8_8bit_V1.1 2015/09/2 and M8+20160126-V13 sign on the board

Justme, could you give me link to that specific firmware which should work?
                      This is for M8S (not M8S+), but You should try:
                      https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY6WK0hosJUZwD_ykhpBL7Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

Comment

Ok,

1. I downgraded burntool to v2.0.5.15 build9.
                        2. Connect success
                        3. Tried with
                        suggested "cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_1509 08_U SB" - stopped at 3% ([0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error)
                        4. Tried with "M8S+ USB 20160115 burn(android5.1)" - stopped at 2% (the same message)
                        5. Tried with "M8S+ 4.4 0713 USB Burning" - stopped at 2% (the same message)
                        6. Tried with "PROBOX2-EX_20150801" - stopped at 2% (the same message)
                        7. Tried with JustME "aml_upgrade_package_s802_2GB.img" - stopped at 2% (the same message)

At the moment I'm totally frustrated with this freaking machine , so, PLEASE HELP, if anyone has any other idea, I'm fully open!

EDIT: I tried with SD card method. With and without pressing the switch in AV port. Dead! Dead as brick!
                        Last edited by dankec; 04-12-2016, 16:15.

Comment

I think I'm totally unlucky... a man from russian forum is looking for the same recovery image as I do, but without success... I contact acemax, we'll see if they have some special image for my box.

EDIT: Acemax responded that this is not their device!

Who else is manufacturing M8S+?
                          Last edited by dankec; 04-12-2016, 12:00.

Comment

your pcb said 8bit, totally clone....originals are 16bit 256x16 , clone 512x8

Comment

So I suppose it's not possible to repair it, nor to put openelec on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X