No announcement yet.

Bricked M8S+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same PCB and had also the same issue. Here is how it was solved for me:

1. Download this u-boot https://mega.nz/#!nkYEyawZ!D8vrZgrFf...Rj9y9IqCU7qUbw
    2. Download this firmware

3. Extract zip file and replace the u-boot.bin with the one from mega.nz
    4. format sd card with the u-boot.bin
    5. copy all files (factory_update_param.aml , M8S+-ota-20151216.zip, recovery.img and u-boot.bin) onto the sd card
    6. Use the toothpick method
    7. Ready

Hope it works for you also

Comment

And for openelec use the OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.0.0.zip from amlinux. Works perfect.

Comment

B I N G O!!!
        Thanks a ton, Dia! System is alive and kicking again!

Comment

I was happy to early... still not quite allright! When I shut down the box light went off completely and cannot be turned on again. I had to repeat the procedure with the SD card again, but this time I put openelec 6.95.1 on Card.
          All went fine, openelec started, no problem at all!
          But when I power it off the same happend again: LED turns off and no possible to turn the device back on.

Now, when powered on, LED is blue, but no picture on TV.

Comment

If I am not wrong, 6.95.1 is still under development and will be in the end version 7 which is openelec with kodi 16.0

Do the procedure again and stay at 6.0.0

I have the same problem with turning it on. If you have a tv which can handle hdmi CEC then by chosing the hdmi on the remote of the tv, the box wakes and works.

Comment

Originally posted by dia View Post
              If I am not wrong, 6.95.1 is still under development and will be in the end version 7 which is openelec with kodi 16.0

Do the procedure again and stay at 6.0.0

I have the same problem with turning it on. If you have a tv which can handle hdmi CEC then by chosing the hdmi on the remote of the tv, the box wakes and works.

6.95.1 is working fine (it's under development, but I didn't notice bigger problems). I think this wakeup error is not caused by openelec at all, I think we still have wrong u-boot, because the firmware which was on the box originally works fine with power off/on and red LED turns on after power off.

Did you contact your seller, did he send you a firmware for your box?

I just did the same with mine, waiting for their fw...

Comment

No, problem is also in the android version. I have tried various u-boot and this was the only one I found to be working without errors in installation. I will upload later on what my seller send but it does not work either. It doesnt come alive to flash it.

As soon as you have your maybe you can give it to me to try also.

Comment

Here you are dankec
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

No, problem is also in the android version. I have tried various u-boot and this was the only one I found to be working without errors in installation. I will upload later on what my seller send but it does not work either. It doesnt come alive to flash it.

As soon as you have your maybe you can give it to me to try also.
                    Yes, I'll post it here... but something's told me we're talking about the same seller

EDIT: Your firmware is 20160104. On the back of my board I could find 20160126 (V13). Is it the same on your board? (Maybe this is the firmware we're looking for...)

Comment

I just received "firmware" from my manufacturer. They send me just u-boot as I can see:

Could you try it?

Comment

Dankec the board is exactly the same. I will try it tonight at home and will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                          Originally posted by dia
                          Dankec the board is exactly the same. I will try it tonight at home and will tell you.

dia did you have any luck with the m8s firmware from @danek? I have the same PCB and am having a really difficult time finding the right firmware to go back to the original state.

@danek, did you find the firmware from the manufacturer worked for your PCB?

Comment

charlesbronson. Yes we solved our issue with the following firmware
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

have fun. it works

Comment

have fun. it works
                              Thanks, I am going to give this a try once the download is done. Quick question though, did this fix your u-boot? I am finding I cannot access recovery to flash this. And the last question, how did you flash this zip? Did you make a bootable SD, USB drive or did you flash it from the Android update system?

Comment

have fun. it works

Thanks again for the link, I finally got the box running again, thank you so much. I have access to recovery again also.

I used the bootable SD card method and started up the box with a toothpick in the AV port, worked like a charm.

Only issue I am encountering now is the remote does not work. Is there a fix for this that you know of?

Comment

Working...
                                X