Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which MXIII-G do I have? (Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruur View Post
    Meteordust:

For getting a working Android version on this box I used TWRP and restored a backup using the software and backup file mentioned in this post on XDA:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67077787&postcount=692

But, I'm not really interested in Android, since in my opinion it will always be buggy, has a lot of overhead while I only want to use Kodi. Recently I've found out that LibreElec works good on this hardware. I now have a box running on Kodi 16.. I still needed to add my custom remote.conf and map some keys using the KeyMapper Add-on. Also I fixed the MAC address on the box. Big bonus on this version is that power on and power off works using the remote. The version of LibreElec I flashed via a microSD card onto the NAND memory was this:

Okay thanks, well my box MXIII V1.2 runs fine with the stock 202l1 version and tried the backup you mentioned, that is earlier release (kernel) then the on my box.
    Annoyed that one app has no video (black screen, but has sound)
    Using my boxes for several things, live tv apps etc and have the latest RPI with Openelc..

Was wondering which version you used of M8s+ to unbrick your box without the remote control working, so that I can play around and get more out of this box and maybe get my problem with an app fixed, and of course fixing the remote, that seems only a matter of fixing the remote.config files, extract system.new.dat and inject the right ones and repack the m8s+ firmware. Did it before with other boxes.

Thanks if you can mention the m8s+ firmware you used to unbrick because there are many out there, Acemax and many they call stock.

Comment

When the goal is unbricking a box with an MXII-C board. I've always managed to unbrick such a box using this image file: MXIII-C_202L1 for USB Burning Tool, burned with USB Burning Tool v.2.0.5.15 build 9, using the following settings: Configuration -> Erase flash -> Un-tick

The firmware which gave my first succes at unbricking the box was this: aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20151027.img, this can be found here: filehosting.org | Download | aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20151027.7z (you need to enter an email address to get a download link, I advise to use a disposable email account to prevent receiving spam). I didn't try to get this software working further. So I didn't invest any time into getting the remote to work etc. Maybe it will be useful for you.

Last edited by Bruur; 09-27-2016, 13:23.

Comment

Bruur
        Okay thanks mate.

Found very small buggy things with stock MXIII-C, just want to play around with this box.
        Firmware comparing with the m8s+ ap6330 version is almost similar with our firmware, so gonna take the risk, I have total TWRP backup of this box so not too afraid I can't restore or otherwise use your method.
        BTW I noticed that using the TWRP_m8s recovery and making backups that the PCB starts to be extremely hot, like smelling hot, not you want to do often....

EDIT: Misunderstood your second post that you mentioned you un-bricked it with a m8s+ firmware.

"I had a breakthrough yesterday. I managed to install Android firmware via SD which was for the M8S+ box. Everything works except the remote control"

That's why I was interested in a SD card solution to flash it with m8s+ firmware if the only problem was the remote, or is that USB burning tool aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20151027.img needed first to flash any or specific m8s+ version that fits our MXIII_C after? This one s812c_mx3_20151027.img is hard to get, normally can find almost any firmware on Baidu but this is a hard one and yeah don't want to get spammed.

Thank for advice.
        Last edited by Meteordust; 09-29-2016, 04:15.

Comment

It's been a while since that post and I've tried a vast amount of firmware versions on the box. I think that I by mistake mentioned that this firmware was flashed via SD. I can only find a version for burning with the USB Burning tool. The source of the s812c_mx3_20151027.img firmware is this post in Russian: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry47009842.

For fear of downloading, why not make a bogus gmail address for this purpose, who cares about spam then? That's what I did.

Comment

Bruur you are my hero. I also bricked my mxiii-g, but with your help i've managed to get android back working again!

Comment

You are welcome! I found it useful to make and have a backup via TWRP of a box in mint condition. By backing up everything, I'm virtually brick proof now.

Also, when you are only interested in running Kodi, I really recommend to use LibreElec on this box. It works like a charm.

Comment

You are welcome! I found it useful to make and have a backup via TWRP of a box in mint condition. By backing up everything, I'm virtually brick proof now.

Also, when you are only interested in running Kodi, I really recommend to use LibreElec on this box. It works like a charm.
                I've tried several LibreElec and Openelec builds on this box, even the one i think you are using (from your post) And it mostly runs fine but it has an audio problem with AAC 5.1 video files and also DTS HD and TRUE HD . It produces noise. And a lot of streaming videos use AAC 5.1 now in combination with the HECV codec.So until that is sorted im forced to stay on android with this box...
                I also have a T95N mini m8s pro (s905) and the latest libreelec build is amazing on that! it plays all the audio codecs with no problem.

Comment

Thanks for the tip for the T95N Mini M8S Pro! Is there a 16GB version?

Comment

Thanks for the tip for the T95N Mini M8S Pro! Is there a 16GB version?
                    Not that i know of. And make sure that you have the s905 version because the same box is now sold with the newer s905x chip. And i don't know if it will work just as well. Will test it when i get one (3 weeks)
                    But for that excact version i know it works great!

Just follow these steps en read carefully. I have installed in onto nand
                    7.0.2.007 Almost there build 007 (2016-09-07) Changelog: multichannel PCM support (exeperimental as my AVR only does 2.1) DD+ passthrough works Mali driver reverted to r5p1 (again) for improved GUI performance fixed optical S/PDIF entry in device…

And i will upload remote.conf.zip so the remote will work as normal. (thanks to kostaman on that forum)

Comment

if someone who has MXIII-G revision MXIII-C V1.1 with firmware 202L1, and want to try KitKat (only if you are sure what are you doing, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST) there you go , it's a 7zip arhive, unzip it and you will get the IMG, flash it with USB Burning Tool
                      i added the AC3 DTS codec,, the stock player plays movies with AC3 audio,
                      added root (SuperSU), root explorer, iptv and AdAway
                      deleted a few apps, if you use MXPlayer uninstall it first and install it again
                      from bugs , when you power off the box from remote, the box is restarting
                      firmware - https://yadi.sk/d/3w6_c-pVx8bth
                      remote.conf - https://yadi.sk/d/I8lUygA0yBGis (replace it with Root Explorer)

Comment

drakulaboy, on my Mx3-g ( mxiii-c ) it didn't fully installed, please provide step by step... thanks

Comment

Armbian on MXIII-G S812, thanks to balbes150
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello,

I need MXIII-C_202L1.img my box MXIII-C v1.1 AP6330. can anybody share the link.

Thanks in Advance,

Comment

Working...
                            X