Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which MXIII-G do I have? (Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome info thanks so much Bruur!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruur View Post
      Hi,

I've recently purchased a couple of new MXIII-G 2GB/16GB boxes. These come with Lollipop firmware. When I look in Android into Settings and then into the details about the box, its shows this version of the software: 201L1. Can anybody identity the box I have? because due to the problems I have I don't think it's a main stream MXIII-G. The board show this: Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1_20160223, other MXIII-G's I've seen show this on the mainboard: M82G_V2.0_20150902 (those work perfectly)

Now the problem I have with this firmware is that it doesn't allow me to flash anything any more. When I flash via a MicroSD card, it just shows the GoogleTV logo and the screen goes blank and this repeats until I give up and let go of the hidden recovery button. Then it boots into Android again.

The problem is even bigger when I flash the box using the USB Burning tool to rollback to a Android version which hopefully allows flashing via microSD. This simply bricks the device. I've tried Android firmware versions 108L, 106L1, 104L1, 101L1. The light on the power button stays red and there is no HDMI output any more. I can still flash firmware via the USB Burning tool but even all though the tool tells me the burn is successful, the box remains bricked.

Now I found a way to unbrick it so it boots up with a method I've described here (using S812C firmware??). But now, the remote and ethernet doesn't work. Can anybody help me identify the box? I've never heard of a S812C. It looks like a MXIII-G but, the firmware it accepted is closer to a MS8+
      Hello, in that store them buy?. Thank you

Comment

i have this box too, with this board, the remote is working fine, it's turning on and off from it

Comment

Hi,

I've recently purchased a couple of new MXIII-G 2GB/16GB boxes. These come with Lollipop firmware. When I look in Android into Settings and then into the details about the box, its shows this version of the software: 201L1. Can anybody identity the box I have? because due to the problems I have I don't think it's a main stream MXIII-G. The board show this: Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1_20160223, other MXIII-G's I've seen show this on the mainboard: M82G_V2.0_20150902 (those work perfectly)

Now the problem I have with this firmware is that it doesn't allow me to flash anything any more. When I flash via a MicroSD card, it just shows the GoogleTV logo and the screen goes blank and this repeats until I give up and let go of the hidden recovery button. Then it boots into Android again.

The problem is even bigger when I flash the box using the USB Burning tool to rollback to a Android version which hopefully allows flashing via microSD. This simply bricks the device. I've tried Android firmware versions 108L, 106L1, 104L1, 101L1. The light on the power button stays red and there is no HDMI output any more. I can still flash firmware via the USB Burning tool but even all though the tool tells me the burn is successful, the box remains bricked.

Now I found a way to unbrick it so it boots up with a method I've described here (using S812C firmware??). But now, the remote and ethernet doesn't work. Can anybody help me identify the box? I've never heard of a S812C. It looks like a MXIII-G but, the firmware it accepted is closer to a MS8+
          Hello, ¿ whereyou boughtit?

Comment

Originally posted by drakulaboy View Post
            i have this box too, with this board, the remote is working fine, it's turning on and off from it
            Which release of openelec do you use to get that working?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco321 View Post

Hello, in that store them buy?. Thank you
              I bought mine at Gearbest.com a couple of weeks ago. It came with the same board revision as Bruun got.

Comment

I have Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1_20160223 as well and bougt mine at Gearbest

Comment

I have OpenELEC working on this box, but not via any official build. I used the following procedure:
                  • Boot box with original software (in case the box is bricked or doesn't contain original software http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67077787&postcount=692"]use this info to restore it[/URL], I can recommend using the USB Burning tool and the 201L1 .img file)
                  • Note the MAC address of the box (found in: System > Network > Ethernet) when an Ethernet cable is inserted, you need this later to fixate the MAC address in OpenELEC
                  • Install using hidden button method via microSD card Lollipop for M8S+, using https://mega.nz/#!NcxQzAxZ!eiWD0Ic2H27oCNIF_wkfvZzofs2cuNkZ_KG944k _ipc"]this firmware[/URL] (unpack files in root of microSD card)
                  • When Lollipop main menu shows, power box off by unplugging the powerplug, because the remote doesn't work on this firmware
                  • Install using hidden button method via microSD card an OpenELEC version for the M8S+ (see the 2 versions below)
                  The following firmware works using this procedure on the MXIII-G 2GB/16GB with the latest boards (Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1 and Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.2)Flashing this will result in a box with OpenELEC, but the remote will not work (control via a USB mouse does) and the MAC address changes with every update. This latter is annoying if you want to control Kodi using a smartphone app. Also it can cause other unexpected results in Kodi.

Fixing remote
                  For the fix of the remote control I constructed this remote.conf file which fixes this:

Code:
                  #*********************************************************************************************************
                  #this file is configuration for each factory remote device
                  #     work_mode      0 :software mode  1 :hardware mode
                  #    repeat_enable      0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat
                  #
                  #    factory_code      each device has it's unique factory code.
                  #              pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)
                  #              example: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod)  0001 (index)
                  #
                  #    release_delay      unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer after this period of time
                  #              from press or repeat triggered.
                  #
                  #    debug_enable      0 :debug disable  1 :debug disable
                  #
                  # SW MODE:
                  #    bit_count      how many bits in each frame
                  #    tw_leader_act      time window for leader active
                  #    tw_bit0          time window for bit0 time.
                  #    tw_bit1          time window for bit1 time
                  #    tw_repeat_leader  time window for repeat leader
                  # REG
                  #    reg_base_gen      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN
                  #    reg_control      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL
                  #    reg_leader_act      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE
                  #    reg_leader_idle      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE
                  #    reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE
                  #    reg_bit0_time      set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME
                  #*************************************************************************************************************
                  #amlogic NEC remote
                  factory_code    = 0x7f800001
                  work_mode          = 0
                  repeat_enable = 1
                  repeat_delay = 40
                  repeat_peroid = 39
                  release_delay    =    121
                  debug_enable     = 1

fn_key_scancode    = 0x15
                  left_key_scancode  = 0x1c
                  right_key_scancode = 0x48
                  up_key_scancode    = 0x44
                  down_key_scancode  = 0x1d
                  ok_key_scancode    = 0x5c
                  pageup_key_scancode = 0x04
                  pagedown_key_scancode = 0x1b

mouse_begin
                          0 0x1c
                          1 0x48
                          2 0x44
                          3 0x1d
                  mouse_end

key_begin

; Code    = IR keycode
                  ; Linux   = Linux keycode
                  ; Android = Android keycode
                  ; Button  = Description button on remote
                  ;
                  ; Buttons with a * are not mapped to physical buttons on the harmonay remote.
                  ;
                  ; Code  Linux  Android              Button
                  ; ----  -----  -------------        ------
                      0x4d 113 ; VOLUME_MUTE          Mute
                      0x56 114 ; VOLUME_DOWN          Down
                      0x4e 115 ; VOLUME_UP            Up
                      0x25 105 ; DPAD_LEFT            Left
                      0x26 103 ; DPAD_UP              Up
                      0x27 106 ; DPAD_RIGHT           Right
                      0x28 108 ; DPAD_DOWN            Down
                      0x0d 28  ; DPAD_CENTER          Ok
                      0x1b 158 ; KEYCODE_NUMPAD_DOT   Return
                      0x53 1   ; HOME                 Home
                      0x51 31  ; POWER                Power button / Code 31: shutdown menu & 116: power down
                      0x49 139 ; KEYCODE_F9           Menu
                      0x52 23  ; NOTIFICATION         Mouse button /  (mapped to 'i' button, or 'info' in XBMC)
                      0x31 2   ; 1                    1
                      0x32 3   ; 2                    2
                      0x33 4   ; 3                    3
                      0x34 5   ; 4                    4
                      0x35 6   ; 5                    5
                      0x36 7   ; 6                    6
                      0x37 8   ; 7                    7
                      0x38 9   ; 8                    8
                      0x39 10  ; 9                    9
                      0x30 11  ; 0                    0
                      0x58 2c  ; Z (Zoom/Aspect)      1/a button
                      0x44 14  ; EXIT                 Return
                      0xbd 0xa3; ZOOMIN (next track)  FR () button
                      0x09 166 ; MEDIA_STOP           Red (Media) / was Linux code 61 (moved to yellow)
                      0x11 164 ; MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE     Green (Music) button / was Lunux code 60 (moved to blue)
                      0x54 61  ; TBD                  Yellow (Web) button
                      0x4f 60  ; TBD                  Blue (App) button

key_end

repeat_key_begin
                      0x4d 113 ; VOLUME_MUTE          Mute
                      0x56 114 ; VOLUME_DOWN          Down
                      0x4e 115 ; VOLUME_UP            Up
                      0x25 105 ; DPAD_LEFT            Left
                      0x26 103 ; DPAD_UP              Up
                      0x27 106 ; DPAD_RIGHT           Right
                      0x28 108 ; DPAD_DOWN            Down
                      0x0d 28  ; DPAD_CENTER          Ok
                      0x1b 158 ; KEYCODE_NUMPAD_DOT   Return
                      0x53 1   ; HOME                 Home
                      0x51 31  ; POWER                Power button / Code 31: shutdown menu & 116: power down
                      0x49 139 ; KEYCODE_F9           Menu
                      0x52 23  ; NOTIFICATION         Mouse button /  (mapped to 'i' button, or 'info' in XBMC)
                      0x31 2   ; 1                    1
                      0x32 3   ; 2                    2
                      0x33 4   ; 3                    3
                      0x34 5   ; 4                    4
                      0x35 6   ; 5                    5
                      0x36 7   ; 6                    6
                      0x37 8   ; 7                    7
                      0x38 9   ; 8                    8
                      0x39 10  ; 9                    9
                      0x30 11  ; 0                    0
                      0x58 2c  ; Z (Zoom/Aspect)      1/a button
                      0x44 14  ; EXIT                 Return
                      0xbd 0xa3; ZOOMIN (next track)  FR () button
                      0x09 166 ; MEDIA_STOP           Red (Media) / was Linux code 61 (moved to yellow)
                      0x11 164 ; MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE     Green (Music) button / was Lunux code 60 (moved to blue)
                      0x54 61  ; TBD                  Yellow (Web) button
                      0x4f 60  ; TBD                  Blue (App) button
                  repeat_key_end
                  Copy this code into a text file, rename it to remote.conf and placed it in /storage/.config/remote.conf by connecting to it via SMB and selecting the configfiles folder. After a reboot the box accepts the original remote again. I assigned the more exotic buttons (Yellow, Blue, 1/a) using the Kodi Keymap Editor Add-on to specific functions in Kodi.

Fixating the MAC address
                  I fixed this using the info in this post placing the file 99-mac-address.rules into /storage/.config/udev.rules.d. I found out that you can basically give your box any MAC address using this method. I assigned the box the original MAC address I noted down in the original Lollipop firmware .

Power on/off issues
                  Powering the box off doesn't work. The closest thing you can do in Kodi is suspending the box via the shutdown menu in Kodi, but there is no way to power up except from unplugging the power and plugging it back in. So far I didn't find a solution for this, except from leaving the box on.
                  Hi Bruur. Thanks for all contribution to this forum. I had a bricked mxiii with Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1_20160223 as well and managed to get it working again with your helpful posts.

I'm about to try and install Openelec as well. I wonder why step 3 in your guide is necessary? Do I really have to install android for m8s before I can install openelec for m8s?

Can't I just go from stock android to Openelec m8s?
                  Last edited by Eskas; 07-23-2016, 13:13. Reason: Bad english 😉

Comment

Eskas i don't use OpenElec

Comment

Originally posted by Eskas View Post

Hi Bruur. Thanks for all contribution to this forum. I had a bricked mxiii with Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.1_20160223 as well and managed to get it working again with your helpful posts.

I'm about to try and install Openelec as well. I wonder why step 3 in your guide is necessary? Do I really have to install android for m8s before I can install openelec for m8s?

Can't I just go from stock android to Openelec m8s?

For the boxes I have it is. Without this step is doesn't accept the OpenELEC firmware.

Comment

I bought them via a private seller in China, who gets the boxes directly from the factory.

Comment

Also have this box with this sticker on PCB:
                          Netxeon (W/O PMU)
                          MXIII-C v1.1 S812/2G/16G/AP6330 (PCB1.5mm)
                          Date 2016.06.03

Big difference with earlier mentioned MXIII-C box , when I remove the PCB it shows Netxeon MXIII-C_V1.2_20160419

Info "About" screen:
                          Kernel 3.10.33
                          Oman @ Ubuntu #1
                          Build: 202L1

This box came from Banggood and firmware 202L1 was already installed on the box, seems the newer MXIII-G box.
                          Firmware mentioned here (link to XDA) MXIII-C_202L1 not working (did SD card, it aborts) and TWRPrecovery-n200C boots but does not see any data/system etc, when I reboot from TWRP it shows no system installed and all kind of errors.

Are there known better compatible firmwares that run on this box V1.2 box without issues.
                          Afraid that I will brick my box with USB burning tool when I flash MXIII-C_202L1.img and can't make a TWRP backup to go back when I do.
                          Maybe I need to test TWRP from M8S+ or others on this box.

In stock recovery it shows LMY47V.20160421.103618 test-keys

Have one problem, a video codec seems to be missing or not working with a live news app I use, sound is okay but no video, this Dutch NOS app has no issue at all on all other android devices I have or had on Android 4.4.2, 5.1.1 or 6.0.1
                          The reason why I wanted to reflash this box with MXIII-C_202L1
                          Last edited by Meteordust; 09-23-2016, 16:53.

Comment

Can confirm that the TWRP_M8S.img works properly on the MXIII-C_V1.2_20160419 board.
                            Don't know why the TWRPrecovery-n200C from XDA gave problems, size of file is exactly the same..
                            Tried the backup of tweaked Kodi version from page 1, although my oman@ubuntu #1 kernel is from later date don't see any differences after factory reset so flashed my backup back.
                            Anyone tried to flash permanent the TWRP_M8S recovery and rooted it with supersu?.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Bruur

Just want to ask you which firmware you used for flashing M8s+ firmware on the MXIII-C.

Did U used the SD card method with U-boot.bin etc and the latest 5.1.1. m8s+-ota-20160409 or did you use TWRP and flash the zip??

Interested in it to run that firmware on MXIII-C box and fixing remote is quit easy with the remote.config files in /etc I believe.
                              Know how to unpack and repack the system.new.dat file to make the modification like remote.config in the m8s+ firmware.

Did this not generating the random MAC or you only had the problem with Openelec?

Thanks in advance and also send you PM, hope you don't mind.
                              Last edited by Meteordust; 09-26-2016, 11:24.

Comment

Meteordust:

For getting a working Android version on this box I used TWRP and restored a backup using the software and backup file mentioned in this post on XDA:
                                http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67077787&postcount=692

But, I'm not really interested in Android, since in my opinion it will always be buggy, has a lot of overhead while I only want to use Kodi. Recently I've found out that LibreElec works good on this hardware. I now have a box running on Kodi 16.. I still needed to add my custom remote.conf and map some keys using the KeyMapper Add-on. Also I fixed the MAC address on the box. Big bonus on this version is that power on and power off works using the remote. The version of LibreElec I flashed via a microSD card onto the NAND memory was this:

Comment

Working...
                                X