Pics* MXIII S812 2GB, suitable FW lollipop/prerooted? n200, ap6330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics* MXIII S812 2GB, suitable FW lollipop/prerooted? n200, ap6330

Hi, My MXIII S802 2gb recently stopped working after a year and it was pre-rooted. I loved it so I decided to buy another one, same spec. But the one that came in the post is different! It’s a S812/2GB MXIII (boot screen logo of processor then MBOX) and unrooted. The power button if different as you have to hold it for a few seconds and the remote was slightly different too. I wanted to know if I can update to lollipop with rooted firmware! Please note I’m a complete novice. So any instructions or directions would be most appreciated My pictures:
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by munnybunnyman; 11-10-2015, 19:48.

Hi,

where do you find the Hardware Info?
    i dont find it in my settings...

Comment

Originally posted by knipser99 View Post
      Hi,

where do you find the Hardware Info?
      i dont find it in my settings...
      I downloaded and app from Play store call 'Hardware Info'

Comment

Originally posted by munnybunnyman View Post

I downloaded and app from Play store call 'Hardware Info'

THX!!!

Comment

Any Help?!?!

Comment

You need a high quality picture of the manufacturers ID to identify the board. Check the thread below post 6, it might help.http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-106l1_151029
            Last edited by Haba; 11-11-2015, 03:01.

Comment

That circuit board looks very different from the Beelink MXIII-G. The MXIII M82 has an S802 processor. Where did you purchase the unit from?

Here are some pics of the Beelink MXIII-G circuit board to compare (scroll down) ...
              http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...eview-t3160863

Maybe there is something useful (or at least warnings on what not to do!) in this SkyKirin M8S thread. I think it might be risky to try to upgrade the current firmware.
              Last edited by Lurker; 11-11-2015, 04:31.

Comment

I think I got the same box (from E-Bay). On the PCB it is labelled: "Model: KCA-005 Ver: 1.0 DATE: 150625" and it looks the same like the PCB on your Pictures...
                My Remote has the "factory_code = 0xfd020001" which seems to be very unique for these Boxes.
                Updating this Box is very dangerous I think. I installed Openelec from SD and afterwards it was bricked.
                It seems it has got a special U-Boot. I tried about 10 different U-Boot images and none of them worked like the original and at last it seems that the
                Wifi/Bluetooth GPIO pins are not "standard" => both are not working with any image I tried!
                If you manage to make a backup of your Firmware, I would like to get a copy...
                I haven't made one before updating - a big mistake! :-(

Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

I solved my Problem!
                  If anyone should need the original Firmware for this Box, he could find it here:

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。现在注册即有机会享受2T的免费存储空间

The preinstalled firmware of my box is: aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20150805.7z
                  There is also a new version: aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20151027.7z

For Flashing you need at least version 2.0.5.9 of the AML Burning Tool:
                  USB_Burning_Tool_setup_v2.0.5.9.zip

The reason why no other Firmware works on this box is quite simple - it is not a n200 or k200 ;-)

Multi dtb tool version: v2 .
                  Multi dtb detected, support 2 dtbs.
                  aml_dt soc: m8m2 platform: n200C variant: 2G
                  dtb 0 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 1G
                  dtb 1 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 2G
                  Find match dtb: 1

It seems that foxluo002 is foxluo@skykirin-Server...

Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Hi 030theo I am in need of this firmware but cannot download from baidu, can you help?

Comment

Hi Videophile,
                      I would recomment to use the latest ROM: aml_upgrade_package_s812c_mx3_20151027.7z (more resolutions available, faster network, SD-Card support is more stable)..

Hope it helps!

Comment

I got kca-005 1gb ram Model

tried flashing the above firmware with usb burning tool Stuck 2%
                        any ideas why?

Comment

Working...
                        X